A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Help: Silent Hill Dark Nurse  (Read 1359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lifeasapeach
« on: September 14, 2006 03:50:47 PM »

For Halloween this year I've decided to be a dark nurse from the video game/movie Silent Hill. I bought a costume online but I want it to look all zombielike and gross. Any ideas on the best way to do this without it smelling too bad or getting on everything? Thanks!!

from this

to this

and this

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006 04:01:51 PM »

You can use coffee or tea to stain it a dirtier white color and maybe some acrylic paint for the blood stains?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006 04:05:17 PM »

oh wow, what a great idea! I loved the game (movie was meh..)!

you could use dylon to make blood stains (red and brown for fresh and dry blood)
and you might want to wash it a few times with some dark clothes to get the white out of it or maybe stain the whole thing with tea (lightly or darkish, whatever you want).
perhaps fraying some edges could help too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladyofthelake

Charley the Scrap Eater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006 07:40:54 PM »

I just bought smudgeproof Halloween makeup. I bought black and white and mixed the two together to make gray. I've already tested it out by covering half my arm, and the stuff actually dries. So no mess! It's by Star Quality, and it's actually called Smudgeproof. I highly recommend it. Oh, and I bought it at a party-type store. They had tons of Halloween stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If at first you don't succeed, go buy more fabric.
stacysews
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006 07:41:54 PM »

Ok, other than the tea stain idea, I'm not sure that I have anything original.  I have seen some red dye in the fabric\craft department of Michael's that you 'spray' on (like a trigger spray).  I'm not sure how it works, but it might give you a blood spatter effect. 

I love idead, btw.  The Silent Hill series is one of my favorites (I agree with Red Alibi, the movie, meh).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006 11:30:56 PM »

Sad the film wasn't the same..
The game was way more creepy and it actually had some kind of plot going on, the movie was just being grose because it could, like all the movies now do (not that I don't like it, but there is a thing called overkill) They screwed Resident evil aswell and I was shocked at RE2 Nemesis.. The monster is sad? never happened to me in the game! Maybe it's some sort of cheat noone knows about.. I'm a major movie critic  Wink

Btw, if the makeup dries you could smear that on too.. and howabout some silicone kit to make 'gore parts' and then painting them?
I might just do this for halloween too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldencrafter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006 06:15:26 PM »

I haven't seen the movie yet  Cry but from the picture the nurses look more like their covered with dirt, ash or dried mud so why not try that. Use a piece of fabric that is similar to costume you bought and get it dirty see how it looks. Again I haven't seen the movie so I may be way off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raining_dreams
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006 08:15:31 PM »

I never played the game ( Embarrassed), but the movie was so dumb. I was laughing most of the time... or being grossed out by the gore.
 Anyway, it looks like the dress is also frayed along the edges and everything. If you were going for that look, you could probably cut up the sleeves and rip them a little...
 Good luck with your costume and post a picture when you're done  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Street lights dance and street lights sing
Someone cut the oxygen and took a message to the king
Announcing that he wasn't royalty
blog
vegan food blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi: the Time of My Life
"The Lost Kings" Book Trailer - Short Version
Authors Jorge and Laura Posada on Fit Home Team
Author Kathy LeMay Reveals Her Motto
The Wild, Wild Inside Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...