A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: belt for a toddler  (Read 925 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« on: September 14, 2006 01:17:57 PM »

My sweet, little 2 1/2 year old nephew keeps loosing his pants (bless his heart) and I would love to surprise his mom with a belt for him.  My criteria are a. I want something that he can't hurt himself on if he falls and b. a buckle that isn't going to slip open - like some d-ring buckles do.  I would really appreciate any suggestions that you can give me! 

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006 09:37:55 PM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006 01:49:27 PM »

Have you seen those elastic belts with magnetic closures? They'd be hard to hurt himself with, and the magnets are pretty sturdy. They're about $2 at our school uniform supply store--maybe you could cannibalize ones for the special buckle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
cinnamon teal
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006 03:57:59 PM »

Have you seen those elastic belts with magnetic closures? They'd be hard to hurt himself with, and the magnets are pretty sturdy. They're about $2 at our school uniform supply store--maybe you could cannibalize ones for the special buckle?

No, I haven't seen those before.  That's a great idea!  Thanks!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006 10:32:34 AM »

I agree with the magnet idea, that way he can get it off when he has to use the potty.  Nothing upsets kids more than making it to the potty but still getting their pants wet because they couldn't get out of them.  My 2yo is potty training and she just doesn't wear pants half the time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maybullsmom
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006 03:06:03 PM »

When my boys were little I made them some belts with striped elastic that was about 1" wide and some metal hook things.  It was tight enough to hold their pants up but they could still pull them down easily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graced

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006 03:35:03 PM »

Hey, that's right. Those little hook things should be at Hancock's or similar. I can remember them--one sort of slips into the other one to hold. That might be a better option if you can't find the magnet buckles! (And I just sent our old ones to a local uniform drive...I wish I still had 'em, I'd send them to you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
cinnamon teal
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006 09:43:15 PM »

When my boys were little I made them some belts with striped elastic that was about 1" wide and some metal hook things.  It was tight enough to hold their pants up but they could still pull them down easily.

hmm... I'm not sure what kind of hooks you're talking about.  Could you describe them or post a pic?  They sound promising.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006 08:07:33 PM »

Oy! I looked today at Hancock Fabrics, our only general fabric store today for these loopy things. They didn't have them and had the ol' deer-in-the-headlights look when I asked about them! I'm sorry! I don't know where to find them now! I will continue to think, though! Have you soled the problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006 10:13:48 PM »

Oy! I looked today at Hancock Fabrics, our only general fabric store today for these loopy things. They didn't have them and had the ol' deer-in-the-headlights look when I asked about them! I'm sorry! I don't know where to find them now! I will continue to think, though! Have you soled the problem?

Thanks for looking for me!  you're so sweet!  No, I haven't found a solution yet.  I just moved to a new town and I'm still trying to get all unpacked and find good craft/sewing/yarn stores in town.  I might just have make this a Christmas present  Tongue

Sorry you had to go to jury duty, btw.  I'm filling out a voter registration card right now and part of my doesn't want to because I'll probably get called in. Blech.

Anyways, thanks again!  I really appreciate the helpful suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Dior Inspired Nails
MC Beauty Haul: Holiday Nail Polish
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014: Backstage With Hervé Léger
BEAUTY BUZZ: Jason Wu - NYFW Spring 2014
5-Minute Makeup for Your First Day of School
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...