A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Adopt A College Student Swap Gallery  (Read 25914 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2006 06:49:55 AM »

all nighters--ha ha--get used to them...but remember that sleep deprivation causes you to work harder, forget things, and become accident prone...you might be better off getting some sleep and starting fresh--you will have a clearer head and studying will take LESS time than when you are groggy!!

and, uh, remember that procrastination is not a good thing...I know, cos I am a mega procrastinator!! hee hee

THIS ROCKS   Logged

marlie2
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2006 08:05:50 AM »

My first three semesters of college were completely made up of only sleeping on the weekends. After realizing my grades were actually suffering because of working through so many nights I vowed to never do all nighters again, and try to start my work before last minute. And it's weird, cuz sleeping regularly actually made my grades so much better.

ps-fizzledimpulse are those lip balms those blistex spa things? I love those! How can a lip balm be so smooth and clear?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andy8715
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2006 09:00:55 AM »

well i did end up going to bed at 4 am but this one guy didn't go to bed at all. but he is known for not going to sleep till 6am cause he was playin video games and such.  arg. i try not to procrastinate but i keep thinking i can do it later. i'm the bomb. and then nothing. Sad
someday i will get over this phase i hope.

college is rough.

Sad

i've eaten two 12 ounce bags of chocolate in the past week.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
fizzledimpulse
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2006 10:39:50 AM »

ps-fizzledimpulse are those lip balms those blistex spa things? I love those! How can a lip balm be so smooth and clear?!

YES!  they're so wonderfully strange!  can't. stop. reapplying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimik
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2006 07:58:46 PM »

So glad Bexiecat liked her package!  Here are some of the things I sent:

Candy!
Fabric!
Goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2006 08:01:14 PM »

love the fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
PinFish
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2006 05:04:28 AM »

Thanks for posting pics, Mimik- the very night that I was going to take pictures we ran out of batteries Tongue and haven't gotten out to get more. Crazy week.
The candy is... gone Grin, the fabrics are GORGEOUS (I especially love the green and brown floral stuff! It will be a purse.), and I adore all the goodies- the gold pillow has "peace" on the other side and hangs from our bedroom doorknob and has been doing a great job reminding me to relax in the evening and stop stressing about school. I can't wait to do the embroidery, and I've never seen velvet ricrack before! how fantastic is that?
But, you didn't post a picture of my favorite item- the beautiful TREE-FREE cards!! They're absolutely stunning and when I saw the back and read that they were tree free I almost cried. In my religion trees are sacred so I try to use as little excess paper as possible and I didn't know there was such thing as cards not made of trees. It was so thoughtful of you. Thanks again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimik
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2006 05:58:02 AM »

Ha Ha - Yeah, I don't think I took pics of everything b/c I just kept adding and adding...so glad you loved those cards.  I was looking for something w/ trees on it and could only find the deer fabric, but I couldn't find something that was all about trees.  Then I remembered these cards and I thought, if I can't find something w/ trees, how about no trees at all.  Aren't they the coolest?  They are made out of a plant called "kenaf" and I can't tell any difference between these and tree-made paper.  Here is a link to the cards I sent (I believe I sent one of each of the Dragon & Butterfly design...they have many more beautiful designs)
http://www.tree-free.com/product_inside.cfm?Product_ID=95507
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarafina65

automatic supersonic hypnotic funky-fresh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2006 03:33:31 PM »

Yesss! I received from ClauRose yesterday and, let me tell you, it was a good day.

I got a cute little green address book (green is my favorite color) and a -gorgeous- scrapbook/album with an embroidered cover (I love embroidery!):

I also got three scrapbook kit things with paper, cut outs, stickers, etc and they are totally awesome. They've definitely inspired me to start scrapbooking again, I can't wait to get started!

I also got the Blistex Spa Effects lip balm and might I just say, SCORE. I consider myself to be a bit of a lip balm connoiseur (I'm almost positive that's spelled wrong) and these are AWESOME! So soft, so smooth, so deliciously scented! I love, love, love them. I can't figure out what the red one smells like though, and it's driving me crazy. The other three scents were listed on the back of the packaging, but not the red one! It smells so good, I want to know what it is!

Thank you so, so much, ClauRose! This package totally made my week! You sent stuff that was absolutely perfect for me, you rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cclewis05
What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.~*Anonymous

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2006 08:24:18 PM »

This has to be one of the most precious thing ever I work at Lowe's and I have kinda fell into the arms of the older lady's at work. Grin  There is one lady that I work with she made me some socks and someother stuff and I enjoy it so much. I really like the adopt a college student idea and just wanted to share with you guys.

(ps. I'm also a college student with 2 jobs.) Roll Eyes

Keep up the good work you guys! Grin

~Candi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.
-- Jim Morrison
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Your Hair Like Selena Gomez
How to Braid Extensions
How to French Braid Fringes
How to Do UpDo Hairstyles
How to Make Dreadlocks with Short Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...