A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
773 Guests and 51 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Adopt A College Student Swap Gallery  (Read 23183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2006 12:10:20 AM »

yay, pictures! Thanks for taking them, I'd totally spaced it lol, and didn't realize I had forgotten until I was home from the PO. I'm so glad you liked it all Smiley. And I didn't know you loved butterscotch lol. It's my fave as well, and I had some in the house and figured I'd pass it on to you instead.
Airborne works pretty well if you're starting to get (or already have) the sniffles. In fact..need to get hold of some for myself, too lol. Don't forget to show off what you did with the yarn Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2006 06:33:46 AM »

Yarn is always a good thing to have when you might be stressing over exams, dates, life, etc.!!

mmmm butterscotch pudding...I think I would have to make a trip to the quick gyp for milk....

and the stitch makers are pretty fancy dancy--love the shapes! Looks like they are versatile for different size needles?

Nice college loot naelany!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

f1ghter
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2006 09:24:34 AM »

so basic question...
am i able to sign up again, or do i need to wait until this ongoing swap is closed before i can sign up?
(i think this has been addressed before, but its still a bit fuzzy to me.)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhenInScythia

We Live In A FishBowl

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2006 09:40:54 AM »

Sad I am so sad that I couldn't join in this, all of your college gifts are so great.

I just typed great like seven times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow The Butterflies, Follow The Butterflies..."
suzeeannie
Bella Of The Ball

I love you like a fat kid loves cake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2006 09:51:20 AM »

so basic question...
am i able to sign up again, or do i need to wait until this ongoing swap is closed before i can sign up?
(i think this has been addressed before, but its still a bit fuzzy to me.)  Cheesy

I think sign-ups are closed. Although, unconditional swaps are now banned so I don't know if there will be aorund 2 or not.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly Smiley
ATC swaps are always welcome!

Wists
Swap Partner Info
yellowblanket
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2006 03:20:50 PM »

since unconditional swaps are now banned, do you think we could maintain the theme of "college care package" but have it set up more like a normal swap? i would REALLY like to do this again, and if we could change the rules a bit, i think we could make it work somehow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2006 03:43:31 PM »

For the birthday swap, we just had to make sure that everyone who sent also received--they just don't want people receiving without sending anything, or else it is not a SWAP--we were told that you college kids could send to each other but that other non-college people could still send without getting anything back--does that make sense?

I am working out the details for the birthday swap--we are going to do kinda like an ongoing, I think...it can be done--the mods have been wonderful in helping make these swaps safe and enjoyable for all...I would love to keep sending to a college kid as someone did the same thing for me when I was in school...payback time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2006 12:25:27 AM »

Thanks, alwaysinmyroom Smiley

I'm sure that we can work with the new rules for this type of swap, like alwaysinmyroom said. It's not unlike the birthday swaps.
And yes, sign ups for this swap are closed, so you lovely students are going to have to wait until the next one (whenever that turns out to be lol).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2006 08:14:05 AM »

I received from ClauRose a while back.  Here are the fabulous goodies:

Two big bags of Doritos, a bag of little bags of Doritos, a bag of fun size Snickers, some little Propel water bottle packs, a big book of Sudoku puzzles, and Batman fabric!  I'm betting there's enough fabric to make some boxers for my husband.   Cheesy  Thanks, ClauRose!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012 01:28:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinFish
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2006 07:09:24 AM »

Well, how about college students send "thank you" packages to their adopters? I was planning on doing that anyway so I think it might work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair Using the H2Pro Straightener
How to Find Your Perfect Hair Extensions Color
Clip In Hair Extensions - Questions and Answers
How to Wash and Care For Clip In Human Hair Extensions
How to Curl Clip In Hair Extensions Separately
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...