A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Haunted Prom party at work  (Read 1044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rabid.dustbunny
« on: September 14, 2006 01:02:49 PM »

I was appointed Halloween Mistress again this year for the office party.  The department I work for has a huge competition between the different divisions every year.  This year we have a new division head, and she has informed me that she does not want to lose, since we've won two years in a row, doesn't want to be shown up...

It has to have a theme and the last couple years it wasn't scary (wild west - barf! and Pirates - ok.) Halloween without scary is just lame, and wrong. So I'm thinking Haunted Prom Night with a black and orange balloon arch, a photo spot with dead flowers and spooky dead tree background, dead flower boutonieres and corsages, crowns or something spiky, with spiders and such for the best costumes (for the ubiquitous prom king and queen,) and black and orange streamers, lots of pumpkins and so on.

I know you guys will have loads of brilliant additions to help me carry this to victory for my boss (and ultimately, for *me*   

I'll post photos when it's over
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
springtime
Creativity Unlimited

Creativity Unlimited

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006 02:34:21 PM »

here are my ideas

- ghost-alumni, dead students and teachers in oldfashioned costumes.

- viciously spiked punch

- a fat lady who sings (it aint over til the fat lady sings, and at the halloween prom it sure is over)

- play music on a slightly broken recordplayer, so the sound sways a little

- couples have to mismatch their outfits. i see orange dresses and bright navy suits...

- dead flowers, skeletons, burned yearbooks for decorations

just brainstorming
hope that helped
/reb
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work in progress:
Cotton pullover, mixing 2 knitty.com patterns
Knitted Surprise for my sister, Vouge Knitting pattern
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006 02:37:52 PM »

that sounds so fun!  you have to do the ice ring/punch bowl thing... my mom used to use her bundt cake pan, fill it with water and plastic spiders and freeze it. Then, you could make this totally cute cake... http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe1650061&contentGroup=MARTHA&layout=martha
or
http://marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=channel1060074&site=living
of course you have to go as Carrie
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 02:59:57 PM by Knichole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006 03:12:34 PM »

Oh fun! You could take those timers (for lights when you're on vacation) and connect them to little hidden fans, then they would randomly turn on and blow cold air like 'they' say happens...and at party galaxy you can get these jelly-like gooey blood hand prints and dripping blood that spells "beware," glowing or reflective eyes peeking out of random dark corners, ghoul faces painted on walls(with watered down to translucence washable paint), little creepy papier-mache goblins randomly placed (like in the ceiling corner!), dry ice, of course, maybe timered dimmers on lamps so lights randomly flicker, or JUST use candles and things for lights (can be amplified with mirrors), spider webbing, oooh! a corpse wrapped in spiderwebbing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
mintbamboo
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006 03:20:26 PM »

maybe a body outline? like..last years prom queen's body outline or something like that? maybe come up with a whole little story about how every year, the prom queen dies tragically or something and play with that...

bats hanging from the ceiling. i have realistic bats with sheer wings that look wicked, im sure sure where they came from or how old they are, but definately look around for them.

heavy use if vampire teeth?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
ninosgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006 06:52:54 AM »

what great ideas you guys have. i think it would be fun if you make all the dead from the 80's. you could find some ugly dresses at goodwill or even some parents that keep everything. you could have a guy walking around with an ax in his head still try to figure out rubix cube. you could even have the sound track to flashdance playing in the background. what fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
british_weirdo

NiNE.EiGHT.OH.SiXX <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006 10:49:38 AM »

Okay I don't have any major ideas but I know something my friend's and I have always loved..

Dry Ice.

If you get a bowl of punch and put dry ice in it it'll smoke and it looks very creepy. Make sure the punch is red and you could buy gummy or candy eyeballs and have them floating around in there. Or you could put some spider rings in there too. It looks really cool.

The prom party sounds awesome! And I wish you good luck with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you find the person that you know you you're meant to be with, you come to realize that there's nothing more important in life <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blending Artistic and Financial Goals in a Creative Career
Shepard Fairey Talks Obey Collab and Getting Arrested 16 Times
Angus Stone "Monsters"
In The Name Of Art - Does Artistic Vision Justify Cruelty?
The Apron Museum
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...