A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
780 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wristwarmers PATTTERN ADDED, the Anthropologie necklace, and an octopus  (Read 16601 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2006 10:05:14 AM »

I have more FO's I'll be posting soon, but here are these for now:

Wristwarmers I made last night, made from a gold colored merino/silk blend (It feels like there's more silk than merino. The price says there's more silk, too Cheesy). I also made a necklace from the leftover yarn, but no pics yet.

http://www.roman-a-clef.net/wristwarmers1.jpg

http://www.roman-a-clef.net/wristwarmers2.jpg

A necklace I made for sweets4ever as an engagement gift. Based on the Anthropologie necklace. I've been told there's a pattern in Interweave for the same necklace, but this was all freehanded http://www.roman-a-clef.net/IMG_4826-1.jpg

And the fun little octopus whose pattern is floating around here somewhere. I didn't make her using the pattern, though, as the yarn is fingering weight. She's a gift for lisiepeasie.

http://roman-a-clef.net/swap/francine1.jpg

http://roman-a-clef.net/swap/francine2.jpg

like I said, more FOs soon!

Edited to add pattern:

I hate working with patterns and Ive certainly never written one before. I didn't bother with abbreviations or typical pattern writing style, but I did make it a little more detailed than the notes I wrote as I was making them Cheesy If anything doesn't make sense to you, PLEASE let me know! Never done this before and it doesn't help that I'm tired!

I used a medium to bulky weight yarn and a N hook with a slightly loose tension. Using a hook size down will make them a little more fitted, but I suggest crocheting loosely for the starting chain. I only used a larger hook because I didnt have a whole lot of yarn.

FOR BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT WRISTWARMERS:

chain 24 and join to first chain with a slip stitch.

row 1: Chain 3 (acts as first double crochet and chain 1). *skip one stitch. double crochet in next stitch. chain one. Repeat from * 3 more times (4 double crochet stitches and 1 chain). Chain one. Skip next stitch. double crochet in next three stitches. chain one. *skip one stitch, double crochet in next stitch, chain 1. Repeat from * 4 times (5 dc's). Join to 2nd chain in starting chain with a slip stitch.

row 2: Chain 3. *double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 3 times.  Chain 1. Front post double crochet in next 3 stitches. Chain 1. *Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from *4 times (5 dc's). Join to 2nd chain in starting chain with a slip stitch.

row 3: repeat row 2.

row 4: Chain 3. *double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 3 times. Chain 1. Skip next stitch. Front post triple crochet in next 2 stitches. Front post triple crochet in the first stitch you skipped (so it crosses over the two other front post triple crochet stitches you made. This will change the order of the stitches and make a cable, so in the next row, be sure to work into the stitches in the correct order!). Chain 1. *Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 4 times. Join to 2nd chain in starting chain with a slip stitch.

rows 5 - 7: repeat row 2.

row 8: repeat row 4.

rows 9 - 11: repeat row 2.

row 12: repeat row 4.

rows 13 - 15: repeat row 2.

FOR RIGHT WRISTWARMER:

row 16: Chain 3. *double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 3 times. Chain 1. Skip next stitch. Front post triple crochet in next 2 stitches. Front post triple crochet in the first stitch you skipped. Chain 1. *double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 1 more time. Chain 3. Skip next double crochet. Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Join to 2nd chain in starting chain with a slip stitch.

row 17: Chain 3. *double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 3 times.  Chain 1. Front post double crochet in next 3 stitches. Chain 1. *Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 1 time. Chain 1, skip first stitch in chain from the previous round, double crochet in next stitch, chain 1. Double crochet in next double crochet from previous round, chain 1. Join to 2nd chain in starting chain with a slip stitch.

rows 18 and 19: repeat row 2.

rows 20 and 21: chain 1, single crochet in each stitch (I single crocheted around the chains between the double crochets rather than through them). Join to first chain with a slip stitch.

FOR LEFT WRISTWARMER:

row 16: Chain 3. Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round. Chain 3. *Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. repeat from * 1 time. Chain 1. Skip next stitch. Front post triple crochet in next 2 stitches. Front post triple crochet in the first stitch you skipped. Chain 1. *Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 4 times.

row 17: Chain 3. Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round. Chain 1, skip first stitch in chain from the previous round, double crochet in next stitch, chain 1. *Double crochet in next double crochet from previous round, chain 1. Repeat from * 1 time. Front post double crochet in next 3 stitches. Chain 1. *Double crochet in next double crochet of previous round, chain 1. Repeat from *4 times. Join to 2nd chain in starting chain with a slip stitch.

rows 18 and 19: repeat row 2.

rows 20 and 21: chain 1, single crochet in each stitch (I single crocheted around the chains between the double crochets rather than through them). Join to first chain with a slip stitch.

If the thumb hole is too tight, increase the number of chains around the top and distribute them evenly between the double crochets (example: chain 5 instead of 3, and put two on either side of the center double crochet)

I was watching TV when I made these, so somewhere around row 12, I accidentally skipped a stitch, so I essentially decreased 1. So when I got to the thumb part, I chained 5 instead of 3 and added an extra double crochet there to make up for it. This made it more fitted to my arm, too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012 01:34:57 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to add working images :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
littleone
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006 10:09:11 AM »

such cuteness  Grin
i love the wristwarmers, could you share the pattern for them? i would like to make some for me. Wink

thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006 10:12:39 AM »

thanks!

I basically made up the pattern as I went along, but I wrote most of it down  so I could make two that were the same size (hah! I usually have a problem with that. I always forget what I did). When i get home from work, I'll type it up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 12:55:32 PM by vanillaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006 12:51:29 PM »

wow im impressed, i like the texture you gave them.
thank you so much, and cant wait to try them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoxZ

Getting my stitch on!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006 01:35:37 PM »

OMG there's a cute little brain sucker on your head! :giggle

Love the wristwarmers.  And the necklace is gorgeous!  You do wonderful freehand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my blog for my current ATC's up for swap~
http://crookedhook.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/MoxZ -
theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006 01:58:30 PM »

Wow, yes, you are a great crocheter o-o! I love the necklace so much! Please DO tell how you made those armwarmers, they look gorgeous Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006 02:46:35 PM »

the necklace is gorgeous! and the octopus is adorable! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006 03:33:04 PM »

Pattern added to the original post! Thanks for the compliments, ladies  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006 05:54:16 PM »

thank you so much for the pattern, must try them soon. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeHa
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006 01:35:53 AM »

i made the wristwarmers. totally adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Twice Baked Potatoes
How to make Chateaubriand
How to Make Cheesesteak Quesadilla
How to Make a Strawberry Steak Salad - Valentines Day Edition
How to Make Beef Muffins
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...