A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rat Hammock  (Read 11664 times)
Tags for this thread: rat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feal
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2004 07:13:50 AM »

aw that is so adorable. he is so lucky to have you take such good cared of him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2004 05:21:21 PM »

Crazy Fool - does your mouse have mites all over or just in his ears?  This might sound weird but mineral spirits work well on cat ear mites - you pour mineral spirits in the cats ear. Maybe you can pour mineral spirits on your mouse?  Check with the vet first though of course but its just an idea.  The idea of dipping your mouse in mineral spirits is kinda funny too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
Crafty_Girl25
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2005 02:35:47 PM »

I read somewhere that you aren't suppose to use shavings - that could be part of his resprotory problem. Use ripped newspaper instead  Grin very cute ratty by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2005 04:13:00 PM »

my little kojo is sick right now. she hates the antibiotic. she used to love it! the first time she was sick, both she and another rat (shadow) were sick at the same time. i noticed they were not feeling good the day of my wedding, so my husband and i decided to take them both on the honeymoon to make sure they got lots of care and love. we had some antibiotic left over from the last sick rat we had, and kojo gobbled it up. we had to convince shadow, but they both got better! shadow got sick again and died a while later, and now kojo is not doing well. one thing we do is put her in a paper bag (bigger than a lunch bag) and spray my albuterol inhaler in it and close the top. she hates it, but it seems to help her breathing a little.

about the crafty stuff, i sew tubes out of leftover fleece and put cardboard tubes in the openings and sew the fabric around them for a door and they love their little snuggle sacks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the.fee.fairy
Faeryish

Flying free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2005 09:51:46 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about little Jimmy passing away.

I love the hammock that you made though...only one problem, my big fattie rattie has seen it and wants one!

looks like i'll have to get sewing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'The Secret to living's Not Dying' - Kilnaboy
KimberlyPye
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2005 12:16:33 PM »

I've made my rats a couple hammocks, but they insist on chewing the corners until it falls down.  This is pretty stupid on their part because they seem to enjoy the hammock very much, but then they can't use it after they ruin it.  So I'm done making hammocks for them.  They just don't appreciate my labor.   :-(

My ferret, on the other hand, LOVES his hammock, and he doesn't destroy it when I'm not looking.  So he can have all the hammocks he wants.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karmic

They shoot heroin, don't they?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2005 01:32:03 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy Bean. My friend Louis lost his rat Willard (yup, named after the film!  Smiley) a few months ago and still cries about it. Some people just don't understand that rats are just as loving and adorable as other pets.

The hammock idea is so cute! I'll definitely give Louis the link to this so he can make some for his other rats.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilly_Queen
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2005 10:28:58 AM »

I had some pet mice and the worst thing to use was cedar chips, which is what it looks like your using.
Try switching to Yesterdays News. Their pellets made out of recycled newspapers. This should help with any respiratory problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set ISO Function
Canon G10: Set Format Function
Canon G10: Set Flash Function
Canon G10: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon G10: Set Delete Function
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...