A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New craftster from Alabama, right here! :)  (Read 2019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meganxelizabeth
« on: September 13, 2006 08:01:29 PM »

Hi, everyone! I wonder if anyone will even read this.. This board is like almost empty of people lately!

But anyways. I'm from central Alabama.. in Alex City. (Yes I know.. no one probably knows where that is, right?) And I was wondering if anyone knew of any good cheap-ish craft stores or good thrift stores around the Auburn/Opelika or Montgomery area. I usually hit up Auburn every weekend almost, but never really looked for thrift stores. So if anyone knows of anything.. please let me know! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zombiexgirl
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007 04:09:05 AM »

Wow! I'm from Alabama and I have never heard of where you are from.  I am from north/central Alabama, Cullman actually..If you don't know, it is the county between birmingham and Huntsville. There are some thrift stores that I know of near Auburn but all the ones I have been in are cruddy.  Boaz and Huntsville both have some good thrift stores, if you have the time to drive there and look around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\m/(>_<)\m/
habitat-lady
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007 02:14:03 PM »

ALABAMA CRAFTERS - WOO HOOO

I just wondered onto the regional and crafters by state.  I know where alex city is, i'm in Prattville.  Montgomery area has several thrift shops. The goodwill store on airforce blvd in south montgomery is great, huge too.  Montgomery now has a Habitat for Humanity ReStore on Mildred St. with a variety of stuff, building supplies, paint, furniture, hardware. I personally like this one the best because the money goes back to building more houses even though the selection isn't built up yet.
Prattville has a huge one called J & G flea market - always great finds! there is another one in the old downtown area.  if you want to know how to get there, send me a message.
Millbrook has a decent one on Hwy 14 by a lumber store.  the store front is back aways.
Wetumpka has a thrft store, but I can't remember exactly where it is right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
*KiSsEe_FaCe*
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007 11:09:17 AM »

i live in auburn/opelika. i think that the salvation army in opelika is a good place to shop. matter of fact there are 2 other places beside it in the same complex.  there's a harvest thrift store and angel's antiqus which is a super huge antique mall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A!

I love doing personal swaps!! Contact if interested.
My etsy shop: www.lani5287.etsy.com
My blog: create: www.lani5287.blogspot.com
My flickr: www.flickr.com/people/lani5287
warpedweaving

Kiss my mouff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007 06:40:28 AM »

I can't answer your question...but I was born in Alex City  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnabat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008 02:19:22 PM »

Harvest thrift store in Opelika is your best bet in the Auburn/Opelika area, IMHO. I was underwhelmed with their salvation army, actually, but they're right next door to each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blake Lively Takes It Turbo in Sexy Burberry
Ways To Wear Sporty Chic Shirts
Hermes Opens Two More Factories For High Demand Products
What To Wear: Maxi Dresses
Hilary Rhoda Models the Best of Fall 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...