A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting in Public: Muggle Relations  (Read 40995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2007 09:27:25 AM »

I was knitting before a Joan Jett concert on the 7th. One of the people with our group, whom I hadn't met before, asked me, "Are you knitting because you're celibate?"

I just gave her a really weird look and kept working on my sock. Actually, I think I laughed at her, too. Silly muggles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
sara_dippity

Future Professional Bleeding Heart Liberal

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2007 12:17:57 PM »

For a short while while I lived in Ontario I worked at a yarn store and I would always get approval from knitters when they found out that I knit.  Of course there would be the few that would completely ignore me if I tried to help them or say something like "I don't think you can help me."
I wonder what those (I assume) ladies would say if you refused their help on programming a vcr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Save the world with a click a day. Donate your airplane and hotel loyalty points to Make a Wish
Me blog.
Me Ravelry.
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: July 16, 2007 12:43:07 PM »

I was knitting before a Joan Jett concert on the 7th. One of the people with our group, whom I hadn't met before, asked me, "Are you knitting because you're celibate?"

I just gave her a really weird look and kept working on my sock. Actually, I think I laughed at her, too. Silly muggles.

Grey's Anatomy reference! In one episode, the main character took up knitting because she was celibate, and it gave her something else to do and concentrate on. So not quite as random as it might seem  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

infantkittensyringe
« Reply #343 on: July 16, 2007 02:57:24 PM »

When I first met my boyfriend he asked me to knit him a hammer cozy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2007 03:44:22 PM »

One of the people with our group, whom I hadn't met before, asked me, "Are you knitting because you're celibate?"

""Are you not knitting because you watch too much TV?"

Celibacy? Do muggles know anything about the hand and finger strength one develops as a knitter? Plus patience, endurance and attention to detail? AND a true understanding of the pleasures of different gauges?

Honey, we do it with cables!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2007 05:24:05 PM »

I'm still trying to get someone to do a "knitters do it with needles" tee for me.

P.S., Scottskipper, I see that sig of yours... come back to the ongoing offer what you have swap whydontcha. :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2007 06:34:02 PM »

Crazydoglady, I don't even watch Grey's Anatomy, and here I thought she was a nut ... (Well, I suppose she could still be one. I haven't seen her since then, and I don't know her at all.) I've only seen the show one time, and that was because I was visiting a friend who's obsessed.

Grey's Anatomy reference! In one episode, the main character took up knitting because she was celibate, and it gave her something else to do and concentrate on. So not quite as random as it might seem  Wink

Oh, ScotSkipper, it's funny because it's true. I don't even have cable right now I just watch my dvds and such over and over. (I think I have Firefly completely memorized by now.)

"Are you not knitting because you watch too much TV?"

Celibacy? Do muggles know anything about the hand and finger strength one develops as a knitter? Plus patience, endurance and attention to detail? AND a true understanding of the pleasures of different gauges?

Honey, we do it with cables!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
Bunny in a Bear
« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2007 07:06:17 PM »

Oh, ScotSkipper, it's funny because it's true. I don't even have cable right now — I just watch my dvds and such over and over. (I think I have Firefly completely memorized by now.)

Heh heh, watching and re-watching Firefly on DVD while knitting sounds really familiar Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~John~
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2007 07:20:13 PM »

Oh, ScotSkipper, it's funny because it's true. I don't even have cable right now I just watch my dvds and such over and over. (I think I have Firefly completely memorized by now.)

Heh heh, watching and re-watching Firefly on DVD while knitting sounds really familiar Wink

How about while embroiderinng?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007 07:21:03 PM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eatyerhartout
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2007 08:57:20 PM »

When I first met my boyfriend he asked me to knit him a hammer cozy.

Cheesy A hammer cozy. *shakes head* Boys. They're so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
BBQ Pulled Turkey Recipe
How to Make Eggs Over Easy and Sunny Side Up
How to Roast a Turkey
Turkey Gravy Recipe
Cooking a Hard Boiled Egg
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...