A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap  (Read 8870 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shewilldieyoung.
« on: September 12, 2006 08:52:52 PM »

I know it's not quite Christmas time yet but it will be soon - really soon!

So I thought it would be fun to do a swap where you craft (or some could be store bought) 12 gifts for your partner like the in the song the 12 days of christmas.

You would number the groups of gifts the numbers from 1 - 12. When your partner gets the packages they would start on December 14th with the #12 box. Inside would be 12 things. On December 15th they would open the #11 box and inside there should be 11 things. And on and on until on December 25th they would open the #1 box.

Obviously the items in the larger numbered boxes would be smaller like 12 stitch markers or 12 hair clips or if you wanted to do craft supplies 12 things of embriodery floss or 12 sheets of stickers or something like that. As the numbers when down, the gifts inside would become a little more difficult or like "larger" crafted items.

Sign ups probably wouldn't start until at least October but I would want to give a lot of time to craft because you would be making 78 items in total - and that does sound like a lot, I know but it's really not when you're talking about small, simple items for a lot of the pacakges.

And how fun would it be to have a cool little gift to open every day before christmas?!? It would satisfy your urge to tear open everything under the tree!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006 09:03:55 PM by shewilldieyoung. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006 09:31:46 PM »

Aww. this is a nice idea! I might be interested Smiley (Although I did something kind of similar last year over Craftster... and couldn't wait until Christmas... haha.. )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fizzle7033
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006 09:43:04 PM »

I'm interested too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Current swaps

Letter and a Craft
Dragon Swap
Owl Swap
Little Visitor VI
Little Visitor VII
Aezelle
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006 03:42:18 AM »

This sounds like fun. I'm interested
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all cut up
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006 06:52:52 AM »

Sounds cool, but isn't that a lot of stuff? (78 items in total)

I'm new to this too, how exactly does it work?

all cut up
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006 07:10:50 AM »

i'm interested, definitely a cute idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006 09:04:10 AM »

I know it's not quite Christmas time yet but it will be soon - really soon!

So I thought it would be fun to do a swap where you craft (or some could be store bought) 12 gifts for your partner like the in the song the 12 days of christmas.

You would number the groups of gifts the numbers from 1 - 12. When your partner gets the packages they would start on December 14th with the #12 box. Inside would be 12 things. On December 15th they would open the #11 box and inside there should be 11 things. And on and on until on December 25th they would open the #1 box.

Obviously the items in the larger numbered boxes would be smaller like 12 stitch markers or 12 hair clips or if you wanted to do craft supplies 12 things of embriodery floss or 12 sheets of stickers or something like that. As the numbers when down, the gifts inside would become a little more difficult or like "larger" crafted items.

Sign ups probably wouldn't start until at least October but I would want to give a lot of time to craft because you would be making 78 items in total - and that does sound like a lot, I know but it's really not when you're talking about small, simple items for a lot of the pacakges.

And how fun would it be to have a cool little gift to open every day before christmas?!? It would satisfy your urge to tear open everything under the tree!  Grin

Actually, the 12 days of Christmas traditionally means that the first day is on the day after Christmas Day (Boxing Day), and then the next 12 days, ending on January 6th, also known as 12th night (in some countries it's referred to as Holy King's Night, as well...directly translated).

That being said...I think it's an awesome idea.... and how much cooler would it be to be able to open more and more gifts, after everyone else already got theirs, and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006 11:43:58 AM »

Sounds cool, but isn't that a lot of stuff? (78 items in total)
I'm new to this too, how exactly does it work?

I know it sounds like a lot of stuff but really it's not. If you do small crafts for the larger numbers it really would go by quickly. These are just a few examples of things that would be really easy and quick to make 12 or 11 or 10 or whatever of...
stitch markers
marble magnets
decorated hair clips