This is the first tutorial I wrote on making bags so please be patient with me.Simple lined handbag.
- 1 piece of solid colored fabric 42cm x 26cm (exterior body)
- 1 piece of printed fabric 46cm x 26cm (lining body)
- 2 pieces 4cm x 27cm for the handle
1. Fold the body fabrics in half crosswise and cut 4cm x 4cm from the folded corners.
2. Sew the handles
3. Sew together the body pieces, leave an opening on one side of the lining so you can turn your bag right way around later.
4. Then sew cutout corner like this (both body fabrics):
This will be for a flat base, you can also handsew a solid material on this part.You should now have formed pieces
5. Put the exterior body in the lining right side facing.
6.The lining fabric will overlap the exterior fabric. You must saw them together (edge). Now from the opening you left on the side of the lining, turn your bag right way around by pulling it through the hole.
7. Iron your bag to level and flatten. Sew all around the opening to reinforce the handle and also to finish.
It is very easy to add pockets and zipper on this bag. Add it before you sew the lining together.
Please note that this is a small handbag.
I hope this will be a beginning of several tutorials...