A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: adding sleeves to tees for fall  (Read 2180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jeanniepep
« on: September 12, 2006 03:24:37 PM »

I super duper love the Generation T book, ever since I read it I've been cleaning out Goodwill nearly every week and been slashing up shirts like mad (check out my Monkey Love quilt made from sleeves on the Sublime Stitching board)!

But, there's a problem - in Michigan it's too darn cold to wear t-shirts most of the year, I need something with sleeves.  So, this was my first attempt.  For some reason I thought the back of another shirt would provide enough material for both sleeves, but I was mistaken, so it wound up with some stretchy flowered polyester I had lying around the sewing room. 

In case you were wondering, the design on the front is a giant pencil pouring a watering can onto the heads of two children in a cloud.  That was from an actual shirt I got at Goodwill for the Lapeer County Writing Festival!  Surreal!  I stitched it onto a regular Old Navy shirt and added these funky sleeves.  In the photos I was dancing "Oh Yeah" by Yello, I couldn't help myself.

Any tips or thoughts for next time??  From you more experienced types?  Please??  Attaching the sleeves was a bit of a battle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acidalbatross

Puuutinondariiitzz!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006 03:33:37 PM »

it looks great! i like the fabric of the sleeves, its fun, and it's nice that its a different fabric from the rest of the tee. and i love the graphic.. very ...strange
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the strangels will take me down deep in their brine
The mischievous braingels
Down into the endless blue wine
-(Tom Waits)
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006 09:56:52 PM »

Whoa...in the second one, you totally look like Nicloe Kidman in Bewitched.

Anywho, love the sleeves!!! but wouldn't it just be easier to wear a sweater?? I'd probably have to do both...I get cold way too easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
jeanniepep
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006 06:03:06 AM »

LOL, thanks!  Somewhere Nicole Kidman just went on a diet after reading that!

Yes, a sweater would totally be easier!  I'm actually looking at attaching sweater sleeves to another shirt, in my mind it's fabulous but that's rarely the result in actuality so I'm proceeding with caution. 

Last March I moved out to the country, and I don't have a job, so it's a real battle to avoid wearing nothing but sweatshirts and pajama bottoms all the time.  Hardly anybody ever sees me!  Couple that with the fact that my mom just LOVES to buy me sweaters at Walmart, and I've got a major What Not To Wear situation developing over here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angeldawn4u
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006 08:50:51 AM »

OMG, I seen your pic and thought Nicole Kidman!  Then I read the other post lol......too funny, you really do look like her in that 2nd pic.....a LOT........anyway, i think your sleeves look great!

good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amazing 1990s Hair Will Give You A Heaping Helping Of Nostalgia
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
How to Fake a Thick Bun Hairstyle
How to Shampoo Your Hair Correctly
Jennifer Aniston Wants Supermodel Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...