A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,922
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me plan a 5 year wedding Anniversary  (Read 750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onefoolishgirl
« on: September 12, 2006 02:05:58 PM »

My 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up in Oct.  I want to have a party for my hubby and me.  5 years really isn't that big of a deal, but hey it's worth celebrating... especially since I love my husband.

I want to have a dinner party and invite our wedding party and parents.  In my area, October weather is unpredictable.  An outside party would require a back-up plan. 

I need help making a simple menu, invite ideas would be most welcomed, and maybe some decoratings tips.

I am thanking in advance... Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onefoolishgirl
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006 01:57:09 PM »

Hmm, no takers... That's alright.

I priced some places to have dinner at and well, it would cost a lot more than I have/want to spend.   We had a large wedding party, then you have to add parents, and grandparents... So I am still stumped for a dinner plan.   

I don't have the proper room to have a sit down dinner at my house.  I would have to move furniture and rent tables and chairs..

Perhaps a dinner is not the right thing... Maybe I could just do something campy and fun... maybe a bowling party, or a join us for karaoke party... That would provide something for us to do and offer a more fun atmosphere than just food.

Please someone help me out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laraebay
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006 02:33:36 PM »

5 years is a HUGE deal! So don't make it seem like it isn't  Smiley

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 02:45:55 AM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006 02:41:25 PM »

Could you do an indoor picnic?  (October would be iffy-at-best for outdoor events, here.)

You could drape the ceiling to make it seem as if you were in a tent and spread more cloth on the floor for seating.  White twinkle lights on the ceiling and more lights at floor-level to make everything glow.  It could be really lush, sort of a boho-nomadic thing.

For the menu, you'll want unfussy food that people can eat while sitting on the floor.  Maybe a tossed salad with an amazing dressing, a hummus  platter or veggie tray for apetizers, shish-ka-bobs for the main course, and grilled or roasted veggies on the side.  For desert, white cake covered in whipped cream and your favorite fruit.  (We love sliced strawberries.)  Serve with champagne.

Congratulations & happy anniversary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
onefoolishgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006 09:47:51 AM »

Oh thanks a bunch.... My mind is swirling with ideas.  I am making a list of options and going over them with my hubby.  Once we make up our minds, I am going to post our progress.. Thanks.  You guys rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LSTinVA
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006 10:11:03 AM »

Congrats!  I think it's awesome to celebrate 5 years -- that's wonderful!

Some food ideas -- warm foods for the season!  How about yummy salmon?  Fancy and EASY!  Homemade mac & cheese?  Again, make-ahead easy and delish.  Roast plum tomatoes?  These foods also are all autumny colors too!
If any of these sound interesting, PM me and I'll send recipes.

CHeers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missedakick
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006 05:54:11 PM »

My favorite autumn dish ever is salmon with a southwestern marinate and sweet potato oven chips sprinkled with paprika and cinnamon. They are super easy to make, just slice thinly and sprinkle with olive oil, cinnamon and paprika and bake them for about twenty minutes at 400.

Also, apples are in season and apple pie would make an awesome cheap dessert. Vanilla ice cream is a must.

Cassaroles are becoming classier than ever before and they are great because you can keep them warm until you need them. I have an excellent recipe for Moroccan Stew cassarole with farfale topping that is just excellent.

ALSO-- one can never go wrong with chili night. Make two pots of chili, one super meaty and the other vegetarian and then asssemble a little bar with condiment options. Peanut butter, cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, crackers, onions, tomatoes, tobasco, bacon....chili can be topped with nearly anything. If you did that then you could serve dinner in one room and then have everyone mingle both in and outdoors. A bonfire with smores would be the perfect way to end the evening.

Just my two cents. I hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.foxlovesgnome.etsy.com

I finally opened up shop!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fluke Sashimi With a Japanese Pear Cocktail
How to Make Delicious and Healthy Spring Rolls Right at Home
Easy, Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipe
How to Make Diane Ladd’s Southern Japanese Tofu Dish
Give Shrimp Pad Thai a Soba Noodle Twist the Haylie Duff Way
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...