A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stop, THIEF!! Help me!!  (Read 16632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artgeek
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2004 01:33:44 PM »

I can't believe they did this with such well-known patterns, too. I don't know you personally, Jennie, but I've run into your web site a number of times, even before joining craftster, etc. Unbelievably foolish of them, in my opinion. Hope you're able to slam it to them in court. Rah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently completed:  a set of Ani Difranco kitchen towels  |   Currently taking up my craft desk:  massive reorganization of my stuff
wandalicious
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2004 06:00:19 PM »

Not only is this an insult to you Jenny, but really a smack in the face for all Craftsters - it kind of devalues the love and the time that we put into making something by hand when someone rips off the idea and mass produces it in some really cheesy way - and no offense, but that shirt you showed was not as cute as something any one of us could make! I agree - if someone loves your designs (and who wouldn't?) then they should pay you for your intellectual property, or else design their own stuff. That is only right!

I will certainly be buying more patterns in an attempt to support you, and then buying even more and giving them as gifts. And I will also be posting this on my personal blog and working with the webzine I write for to see if they will run a story. Through our grassroots efforts, we can certainly bring these villains DOWN.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysolda
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2004 01:38:38 AM »

evil corporate monsters - its not surprising that corporations think they can get away with anything - they're so used to using what is basically slave labour that they seem to think they can do whatever they like - i hope your case helps to teach them that they can't... good luck  jenny, and i'll certainly keep an eye out for any designs that make it over here
edited to say that i jsut pre-ordered your book
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004 01:59:56 AM by ysolda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2004 09:24:53 AM »

I'm sick and tired of this happening to people.  I have a friend who you all know for sure.  He's the voice on many major commercials.  If you go to his site, he's done EVERYTHING from local spots to corporate, to main stream stuff.  He's the voice on Nova. 

My boyfriend took pictures of microphone our friend owned that he uses for voice overs.  Some company in India took the pictures and is using them on their site.  COMPLETE FRAUD.  They're using them to their financial advantage. 

Whatever I can do to help I will.  I for one and tired of this happening.  Copyright infringement is a serious concern that needs to be addressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HardLuckGal
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2004 09:30:02 AM »

amie:  that sucks!  i bet you could send them a simple cease and desist and they would remove the pictures right away.  i have had people steal my pictures before too.  but mine were actually pictures of me.  it's very wierd, someone was pretending to be me, using my pictures and such.  i sent out a cease and desist and it stopped right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2004 02:08:24 PM »

My friend did that and they never responded.  He's since created a new website that makes it so you can't copy ANYTHING.  Everything is locked down.  Thank heavens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spork
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2004 02:51:10 PM »

If you haven't done anything yet- Definitely do a cease and desist...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lothluin
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2004 07:45:42 PM »

Grrrrr!  That's irritating  Angry  I'll be doing a study on the page you linked with the photos of your patterns and keep on the lookout for any copying.  Keep up the fight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morgaroo
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2004 10:48:14 AM »

Go Jenny Go. You are the most professional business woman in the crafting world ive come across in ages so if anyone can beat this you can!  I'll be on the lookout here in canada and all my best........just gobsmacked at this.
.......And going to make a huge christmas order lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2004 04:58:33 PM »

I"ve seen some of those designs somewhere, but I don't remember where.  I live in S.W. Wisconsin, near the Iowa-Ill borders come together.  I"ll keep an eye out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Twiggy Inspired Sixties Makeup Tutorial
Top 5 Summer Lipsticks
How to Make Matte Nail Polish
How To Make 3 At-Home Cellulite Remedies
Eva Chen Introduces the May 2014 Digital Edition
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...