A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: flower and candle free winter wedding  (Read 2904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookgirl
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006 04:33:17 PM »

Oh, I'm a little jealous -- I would have loved a winter wedding.  I've seen some stunning bouquets made from beaded flowers here on craftster, which could also be used as, or as part of, the table centerpieces -- maybe silver, white and blue flowers twined around the electric candles or tucked in amongst glass ball ornaments.  You could incorporate michaelsmom's idea here with your name and date on the ornaments.  Also, you could make ice votives which would be lovely for lining the walkway to the church or reception hall (assuming, of course, that it's an evening wedding) -- since they'd be outside you could use real candles (or not).  Just fill a bowl with water and sink a smaller container, like a yogurt cup, inside it and freeze (the size of the smaller container depends on the size of the candles you'd use).  Pop the ice out of the bowl and the container out of the ice and voila: a votive.  Don't forget to wrap the leafless trees with twinkle lights and crystal or beaded ornaments to sparkle in the lights.  If the wedding's after Christmas you can get a lot of this stuff on sale, and if not, people often unload Christmasy things at yard sales.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lin_saavedra
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006 06:15:39 PM »

sounds great...would love to see pics when you're done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RamenQueen
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006 08:46:30 PM »

sounds goof but.......classy jello molds made into ice sculptures
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polybeadry
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006 05:54:17 PM »

I just wanted to let you know, a lot of people who are allergic to candles have no problem with beeswax candles. Normal candles are made from petroleum based products, but beeswax candles actually clean the air!
You might look into that if you'd like to use some candles, maybe at the head table?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty.Old.Hipster?
sovietkitsch
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006 08:17:15 PM »

i also wanted to have a winter wedding but we decided that we were too afraid it would snow.

My idea was to take twigs from the trees in the yard and spray paint them white and put them in vases in the middle of the table.  you could then use white twinkle lights or string glass beads on the branches
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006 09:42:34 PM »

Or just bare branches without the paint.  Something pretty like curly willow.

Also, FYI, Oriental Trading Company has battery tealights for $12.95/dz.  (And snowflake door curtains, and foil fold-out hanging snowflakes, and snowflake paper lanterns, and snowflake rubber balls, and snowflake tablecloth weights...and foldout tissue snowflakes reminiscent of the tissue wedding bells.  And there are a bunch of snowflake things in their sale section that would make pretty favor holders)

Might also consider white or foil christmas trees.  They make little ones that would be really cute centerpieces.  Get some little white or silver trees, and I know you can get silver plastic snowflake garland, because I have some, and some small twinkly lights.  Maybe that's a bit too christmasy, I suppose, but I'm an agnostic, so I don't really think of Christmas trees as christmasy.

And don't forget icicles!!  Those lovely blown-glass icicle ornaments would make a lovely addition to a centerpiece or, well, anywhere, really.

And what about crocheted snowflakes?  A little touch of lace made in a cotton/metallic, or maybe dusted with spray-on glitter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Riko Yuusaki
How to Draw Rex Salazar
How to Draw Rayquaza
How to Draw Professor Fransworth
How to Draw Poof
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...