A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Boyfriend Sweater Curse  (Read 3015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

colorlessblue
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008 07:22:51 AM »

It doesn't really have much to do with the topic, but I remember reading a book about a witch (fiction!) where she mentioned she was taught never to tie a knot on someone's hair, because it was a too powerful and too dangerous kind of magic. Ever since I read that I wince when i knit/crochet my hair with the yarn.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
craftyhands22
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008 09:52:39 PM »

This curse is ridiculous.  Lots of relationships these days (most, actually) end in heartbreak, and it's just coincidence that lots of the women in these relationships love to knit and have the desire to knit their men sweaters.  So don't worry about it.  My advice is to knit them small things like hats and scarves and socks till you are MARRIED.  Then (and only then) worry about a project as time-consuming as a sweater. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serendipity3_82
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008 11:50:29 AM »

I read somewhere (here, I think) that you should make the boyfriend sign a Pre-Sweater Agreement so he has to give it back if things don't work out.

Hahaha, I told my boyfriend that if we broke up he'd have to give back his hat and anything else I made him. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
battikins
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008 11:54:23 AM »

Hahaha, I told my boyfriend that if we broke up he'd have to give back his hat and anything else I made him. 

wow, taking a guys hat, you don't mess around.  Lips sealed Undecided Cry
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008 11:58:35 AM by battikins » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnitsterSister25
Armed with knitting Needles and Dangerous!

That's me all right!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008 01:01:51 PM »

so What should I do. I am in highschool and There is a guy in my church's Youth group that i would love to knit him a couple hats. (he is always wearing a cool hat) but I don't want him to think I like him by making him stuff. (even tho I have had a chrush on him for 3 years) am I just being a stupid teenager??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liz~
Big Sister 2 5 cute kids
tajhia
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008 04:47:06 PM »

I am not really superstitious anyway... and I think the boyfriend sweater curse is just a coincidence - ie you would have broken up with him anyway sweater or no sweater...

Put it this way - 15 years ago I knit a sweater for my boyfriend - we are now married with 4 kids, and he is bugging me to knit him another one cos the original is looking more than a little worn and tatty....

I would knit him another sweater - if only I could find the time!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roundhouseknitter
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008 10:03:22 PM »

funny thing is he may not like it on him though its all his pick, just don't let it bum ya'. cause gosh then it'll be yours! and if you enjoy it to much he may get the fever for it! ha! someone smack me. i've been married since '77 and he's never gotten a handmade sweater from me. s'what he gets for being so picky. naa, seriously we are hatching out a sweater plan for him. it has been going on for a while. and thats because he really is picky!! i think he may not know what he wants.  Cheesy

yeah i think the curse thing ain't real unless you make it so. s'what i'm thinking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Honey and Nut Cereal Bars
How to Make White Chocolate and Raisin Fudge
How to Make a No-Bake Watermelon Cake for Your Next Barbecue
How to Make Peach Muffin Tin Pies
Mango Habanero Sorbet Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...