A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
826 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: paintig your cell phone  (Read 1615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

viri
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006 04:07:59 AM »

Any experience with paint marker? I've tryed it on a tiny little space and had troubles getting rid of it which is a good sign I guess. I'd rather buy a paint marker (pink  Smiley ) than a nail polish as it's see through so the original gold cover (I have Nokia 3510) would look nice under that, and I could do something with the rest of the marker (as I really never use nail polish).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006 08:52:56 AM »

someone's bf just painted her blackberry sparkly pink. i can't remember where i saw it but if you do a search? she talked about what he used and it sounded very durable.

that was me!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118838.0

Be aware that the paint he used is ACTUAL CAR PAINT - which is very toxic and has to be handled carefully until it's fully cured. and has to be painted in an area with lots of ventilation. If you want, PM me and I can send you a link to the paint company. It's made by House of Kolor (I have it spelled wrong in my original post). Also - it's not cheap - I'm not even looking at the credit card bill, 'cause I don't want to know how expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
viri
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006 11:44:11 AM »

Thank you I've seen that post earlier (that was what gave me the idea to paint my phone)  awsome job by the way, but as I said before it's an old phone it can die anytime (and after that I want to buy a new one) so I don't want to spend a fortune on the paint. But thanx for offering I may need that information other time. I think I buy some nail polish or paint marker on Thursday after my exam and try it on a tiny bit. (Accidentally I found some red one but it's a cheap dollar store one  (in fact 100 HUF store in my country  Cheesy) and I could easily crack it up with my nails. SO I'll sand the phone a bit use a fancy nail polish and sand it with that kinda sandpaper what supposed to make your nails shiny. What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
alpuppy

"Prince Ali Fabulous He"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006 10:07:22 PM »

I had a motorola V300 that had a removable front and back, I painted the front like a turtle shell and the back said my full name but I did it so it looked like "TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES".  it was awesome and I never had any problems with the paint coming off.

I painted it with model car paint, I got a huge set of it that was pretty inexpensive from roberts or michaels. And I also covered it with some sort of seal, I can't quite remember, I'll ask my friend when I get a hold of her but it was just a basic sealer that you'd use with that kind of paint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tardmuffin
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006 11:03:00 AM »

Decoupaging works too, just use a ton of modpodge
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theditzzz
Trish

With hair like a gobstopper-always changing color

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006 08:03:35 PM »

enamel should work...i guess its latex enamel...it comes in spray cans but im not sure whether it comes in pints or not. but yuo can use tape or paper or something to mask of that parts you dont want to be painted so that you can use the spray kind. good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viri
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006 02:55:34 AM »

Thank you for all of you help. Yesterday I finally painted my phone with solvent based glaa/plexy paint, I keep my fingers acrossed that it will say htere long.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
danaisradxcore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006 08:01:09 AM »

not too sure, because it depends on what the cover is made of, but acrylic enamel paint should work.... but since you already painted it it's not like it matters...  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006 08:05:12 AM by danaisradxcore » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Novelist M.T. Anderson Talks About His Characters
Interview with American Subversive Author David Goodwillie
Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi: the Time of My Life
"The Lost Kings" Book Trailer - Short Version
Authors Jorge and Laura Posada on Fit Home Team
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...