A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Narnia Swap Gallery  (Read 13550 times)
Tags for this thread: narnia  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PrincessJazz
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006 11:26:28 AM »

I agree with everyone else - that shadowbox is amazing!  It truly is a work of art.  Gorgeous!

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moazogotl
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2006 05:27:47 PM »

Wow, the shadowbox is amazing!  I'm impressed how finely you managed to cut everything and how you chose which pieces would go in each layer... It actually looks like the illustration was MEANT to be 3D. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2006 06:10:12 PM »

Thanks to PrincessJazz for posting pics!  I love my Mr Tumnus scarf the best...it's so long and perfect.  The color is amazing and it smells a bit like cherries or something from the kool-aide.  Everything else was great too and I'm anxiously awaiting you getting my parcel and hope you like everything I made too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
MargiePoo
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2006 07:48:52 PM »

Margiepoo told me this morning that she received, so now I can post pics of the package I sent her:

Kitkabbit!
Thank you sooo much for posting pictures.  you must have some amazing camera, because all the pictures i took turned out blurry.  And i wanted to show justice to your awesome work.   That is sooo cool seeing how that framed picture was put together.  So much work was put into it.  Thank you sooooo much!!!!

MargiePoo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnyb64

free as a bird...it's the next best thing to be

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2006 08:13:39 PM »

I also have to say that shadowbox is just incredible. And the record clock is fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aezelle
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2006 03:28:17 AM »

Wow shadowbox is gorgeous! And love the Aslan amigurumi, the beaded crown, the reepicheep! pretty much everything. Great work here girls!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MopTopStumptown
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2006 08:19:30 AM »

holy shadowbox, that's so amazing.  tutorial??  please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitkabbit
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2006 03:54:04 PM »

thanks, guys!
i liked making this a lot.

ever since i was little, I've always liked cutting things out of paper- valentines, snowflakes and stuff.. it used to drive my mom nuts because where ever I'd been working I'd leave behind a snowdrift or little papery bits left over!

as for a tut:
well it's kind of hard to describe
AND this isn't a 2-hour project...

BUT, here you go:

First, and this is the hard part, find a frame that has some room between the glass and where the picture should be. 

Materials you need are:
picture/illustration/source material.
foamboard
spray adhesive
cardstock
good, sharp scissors (smaller works better)
exacto/craft knife
embellishments:
watercolor paint,
glittered paint
or what have-you.

In my shadowbox I used the same scene, and just repeated it for depth.  You don't have to use the same scene if you don't want to.
Xerox your scene onto cardstock, and you probably want a few copies in case something goes wrong or you cut through at the wrong place. 

Trace out enough layers of foamcore to fit snugly inside the frame.  You're going to want to sandwich your layers together so that they fit perfectly in the frame.  That's why finding the right frame is the tricky part. 

Colourize and embellish each scene as you want it to look.  Let dry.  If your cardstock has warped in drying, you may want to iron it to flatten it.  I'd advise you to iron on aluminum foil, with a dry iron, so you don't end up with paint or stuff on your ironing board. 

cut out each scene except for the bottom layer so that you have interesting layers.  smaller craft scissors (all metal ones work much much better) work best.  place each layer wrongside up on the foamcore backing, trace around the edges with pencil, and cut out the open areas with a sharp exacto knife (take off a bit extra so that the edges won't show).  Take it *OUTSIDE* and use the spray adhesive to attach the scene layers to the foamcore.  Protect any surface with newspaper or something.  You don't *really* want spray adhesive floating around your living room, do you?

Let dry....
and assemble.

Hope this helps!

~kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2006 03:58:32 PM »

Your shadowbox is truly amazing, kitkabbit! Lovely, lovely work! Thanks for sharing this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
kitkabbit
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2006 04:43:33 PM »

Forgot to mention amidst the cough medicine induced fog I've been in the last 3 days...

I *wist* the aslan amigurumi and the reepicheep stuffies!!!!!

~kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Selecting Push Up Bras for Full Breasted Women
Celebrity Tips on Selecting Bras
Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell Fete the Olympics in Style
How to Update Your White T-Shirt with Metallic Sleeves
Gwen Stefani Shows Off Her Leopard-Print Bikini
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...