A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A plethora of purses! Image totally heavy, dude.  (Read 1652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2006 02:26:56 AM »

So, I finally sat down at the sewing machine. "Machine!" I cried, "Activate!". After a few hours of this, my mum finally came over and told me how to turn it on. Three days, two broken needle-tips at my face and a whole lot of sweating (and swearing) later...

Yes, seven bags. Four Jordys, and three Sha-Sha Dream bags, and a couple of wallets. (I actually sewed five jordys and four sha-shas, but the fifth jordy and fourth sha-sha have been buried in Giants Stadium.)

The first Jordy. It is made of a strawberry print cotton I done founded over to the Liquidation world. Huzzah! It's line with... fabric. White fabric.

THe silkiest jordy. Mmm, shiny thing.

The inside is purty too!

This one is trippy and I like it that way. It's lined with a tye-dye blue bandana and it closes with a bigass button. Yeah, baby, yeah. It groooves.

Quickly, 'coz my camera was dying, the three sha-shas. The first one (from left to right) is made out of two cotton bandanas, which have chinese characters and their meanings. It also has a little coin pouch thingy. Huzzah!
 Next is one I call "So Long And Thanks for all the fish." You can't see 'em, but there are dolphins on there. It is lined with baby blue velvet. What a bitch that was.  Also, it ties shut with blue ric-rac. The dolphin print was originally a wraparound skirt/tank top set I had and done got too fat for.
 LAst is my favourite. I LOVE the outside fabric. and the liner fabric. I couldn't capture it on camera, but the liner fabric is a magic red that looks utterly divine when you look at it from the right angle... trust me. Magic. ANd the liner fabric is this wicked sweet stuff I got. It's like upholstery fabric, I guess, and I have like a zillion yards of it. We bought it at a yard sale. It was like sewedinto furniture covers, or something, so it even has its own lining and yay! (Although the lining is not what I used in this pic.)

Finally, I saved the shiniest for last.

I call this "All that Glitters is Jordy."  Yes. That is that shiny-arse fabric. I actually sewed it. It sucked.

This is how it closes. A pretty bowtie,, and the strap is the same ribbon and wait, what's that peeking out?

The silver lining!

This bag damn near drove me crazy. It took me most of the day to sew. Blarr.

Anyways, I enjoy comments. They are tasty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
AmaZing
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006 02:33:14 AM »

Cool, I LOVE all of them. The fabric is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AriesEJ
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006 06:13:37 AM »

Wow!
Busy, busy, busy.
Good job!  I love everything and congrats on sewing some of those difficult fabric and living to tell.  I'd be "blaring" too.
My fav: Chinese character purse + coin pouch.
Cute.
Note: Your comments are hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woahitsmikayla
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006 08:10:53 AM »

I love love love the strawberry one and the gold and silver ones. They're adorable! But I totally understand with the swearing haha. My machine is SUPER old, like, my mom worked on it when she wasn't much older than me. However, the needle is practically indestructable, I'm suprised that with all it's been through (mainly with me) it's not it 7,000 pieces. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006 08:28:33 AM »

wowie.. I love all of them.  Purse goodness! Cheesy

I bet it was really hard sewing that last bag, I tried once and swore at my machine in a few languages just because the fabric was evil.  Did you try putting interfacing in it and sewing?  I did that and it worked better, plus I held it in place with safety pins, and it didn't more as much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mosquito
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006 08:34:17 AM »

Lovely bags and a very funy post.  Cheesy
I like the  Goodbye and Thanks For All The Fish one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winter83
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006 07:12:04 PM »

awesome job on your sewing frenzy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beetlepose
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006 08:12:52 PM »

Wow!  What a great collection.  I think they all turned out really good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006 02:19:38 AM »

Thank you for all the commens! They were a delight to read! (and they made my ego swell like omfg you wouldn't believe.

Whoaitsmickayla-- You have no idea how lucky you are! The needles keep trying to kill me. One hit my glasses and ricocheted off of them and hit my closed eyelid. YIKES. The other tried to give me a "madonna" or is it a "marylin" peircing...yanno, the one on your cheek. Not fun. Sewing machines hate me. (My mum's antique Raymond always drops its needle when I so much as look at it. It has it out for me.)

Selsie--Yup. I totally interfaced the hell out of it. On the outside, on the lining, I knew it would suck. My problem was that I also tried to use that pretty silver/gold shiny thread...you know the one I'm talking about. Yeah. Urgrgh. It kept catching on itself and generally being nasty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006 02:52:40 AM »

one thing I found that might work better is if you use the invisible thread first, then put in the fancy thread and sew over where you already sewed it with the invisible one.  IF (hahahaha I know how hard this is) you can stay right on your line of stitching with the fancy thread, you'll be good to go since the needle already punched through the fabric and interfacing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Shorts For Your Shape
Rachel Bilson Wears Sparkly 3.1 Phillip Lim at TCA 2013 Summer Party
Penelope Cruz Makes Directing Debut in Lingerie Film
How to Wear All White For Everything From Work to a Night Out!
Avril Lavigne Dishes on Black Wedding Dress
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...