A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swarovski Ring (now with tutorial! :D)  (Read 8079 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

n9i5a
« on: September 09, 2006 11:27:13 PM »

I haven't noticed many Swarovski rings on here, so I thought I'd post a picture of my favorite. I learned how to make these when I vistited Switzerland last year. EVERYBODY in Switzerland has at least one Swarovski ring, but here in Canada they're still pretty unique. The first ones I made were square shaped, but I eventually found a lot of different patterns. This specific ring I didn't actually have a pattern for, but I saw a picture of one like this on the internet and decided to try and figure out a pattern for it, and I think I came pretty close! Anyway, here it is, let me know what you think!

Scroll down for the tutorial!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011 10:54:15 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my amazing Swarovski rings! http://www.pinktigerdesigns.etsy.com
sugarpumpkin
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006 10:55:09 AM »

i think its very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://sequins-and-stripes.blogspot.com

Today, today its all or nothing, all the way, my praise goes out to you, yah all my praise goes out to you.
Today, Today I live for one thing, to give you praise in everything I do, yah all my praise goes out to you!
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006 12:00:23 PM »

WOW!!!     WOW!!!     WOW!!![/color]

That is absolutely beautiful!  Would you possibly mind posting a tutorial of some sort or even a website with instructions if you have one please?  I think everybody needs a ring like that.  If I could figure out that wist thing, your ring would so be on mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
n9i5a
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006 04:18:50 PM »

This is my first tutorial, so I hope it's understandable! Here goes:

Materials:

10 4mm Czech Fire polish glass beads for base (oval shaped blue in diagram)

10 4mm bicone Swarovski crystals (dark blue diamond shape in diagram)

10 4mm Swarovski pearls (purple round shape in diagram)
15-20 4mm Czech Fire polish glass beads for band (oval shaped blue in diagram)

Seed beads (I use Miyuki delicas for their consistency; blue round shape in diagram)

Fishing line (I use 6 lb)

Procedure:

•   Cut a length of fishing line about 2.5 m long.

•   String 3 fire polish beads on and string the opposite end of the fishing line through the last bead you put on, going in the opposite direction that the other end of fishing line went. This should make a triangle shape, with each bead being one side of the triangle (See figure 1 on diagram). Make sure this triangle is in the middle of the fishing line so the ends are both the same length.

•   On one end of the fishing line string a pearl and 2 fire polish beads on. Then string the fishing line through the bead marked with *, then through the bead marked with ** (See figures 2 and 3).

•   Continue doing this until the base looks like figure 4. For the last loop, you will only need to string on 1 fire polish instead of 2, and you will need to string the fishing line through the first fire polish bead as well as the 2 others. Confused yet? At this point the base of the ring is done, and things get a bit more complicated to draw because everything becomes 3D.

•   So, both ends of fishing line should be coming out of the same fire polish bead at different end and in different directions, as in figure 4. I put an exclamation point on that bead so you could follow it to figure 5. String a bicone on each end of the fishing line, the string both ends, going in the same direction, through a pearl (Figure 5). String a seed bead, a pearl, and a bicone on one of the ends, then string that end through the fire polish beside the one with the exclamation point. Then string on another bicone, and string the fishing line through the pearl we just added. Do this on the other end of fishing line as well. Figure 6 is a side view of this procedure (I tried to skew and shrink the end ones to make it look like they weren’t in a straight line and were actually rounded, but I don’t think it worked too well!).

•   Do this one more time to each end of fishing line, and each end of fishing line should be coming out of the last 2 pearls (which at this point are not connected with a seed bead between them like the rest). Figure 7 is a top view of how everything should look. The bead marked with the ‘s’ is the first pearl we strung on.

•   String a seed bead on one of the fishing line ends then string it through the other pearl, through the bicone, and then through the fire polish bead as shown by the red line in figure 7. Take the other end of the fishing line, string it through the seed bead that was just added, but in the opposite direction as the first time it was strung through, and then string it through the pearl, bicone, and fire polish as indicated by the red line.

•   Now, take the end coming out of the fire polish marked with the ‘+’ in the picture, and string it up through the bicone. Then, add some seed beads to it. I usually use 6, but it depends on the size of your seed beads.

•   Take the end of the fishing line, and string it through the seed bead indicated in figure 8. Just to clarify, this would be the seed bead just to the left of the pearl above the bicone you just exited.

•   Then, string the fishing line through the next seed bead and then down the pearl and bicone, through the fire polish, then up through the other bicone. String on the same number of seed beads and repeat until the top view of your ring looks like figure 9.

•   Make it so both ends of your fishing line are coming out of the same fire polish bead at opposite ends, and then string a seed bead, a fire polish, and another seed bead onto each end of fishing line. Then on one end, string another fire polish and use the other end of fishing line to pass through that bead in the opposite direction (See figure 9). Then add 2 seed beads to each end and pass both ends in the same way through a fire polish.

•   Do this until the band is long enough to fit around your finger, and then add a seed bead, a fire polish, and a seed bead to each end and then string each end through the pearl on the base opposite the fire polish that the band started on. The band will end up being tighter than you think, so adding those few extra beads after you think the band is long enough will ensure that it actually will be loose enough to fit over your finger.

•   Now, string the fishing line back through the beads in the band in the opposite direction (Please don’t skip this part. If you skip it, your ring will look very unprofessional and will probably break fairly easily). This step will strengthen the band and make it stiffer, so that it maintains a round shape. Pass through the band a total of about 3 or 4 times, as many as you can get through (this will depend on the thickness of your fishing line as well as the size of the holes in the beads). After it has gone through as many times as possible, snip the ends of the fishing line as close to the bead as possible. There is no need to tie or glue the end, since they have been passed through the beads so many times. Trust me, they won’t come loose.

•   Go show off your ring and gloat to all your friends  Cheesy

Let me know if there's anything that's unclear, and let me know how you make out if you decide to make one (pictures, if possible Cheesy)!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011 08:13:07 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my amazing Swarovski rings! http://www.pinktigerdesigns.etsy.com
biggoober
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006 05:20:43 PM »

thats amazing! great job! and thanks so much for the tutorial! cant wait to try it out!  Cheesy

Megan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

winter83
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006 05:26:28 PM »

wow thats awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JuliannaMKH
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006 07:10:49 AM »

Ooo!  Thanks for the tutorial.  I'm gonna have to try my hand at making one of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006 07:58:27 AM »

Ooh thank you so much for the great tutorial!  I so can't wait to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006 09:30:04 AM »

OOOH!  I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006 09:38:23 AM »

That's a GREAT tutorial. Even with my limited beading skills I can follow it.

Thank you so much! Will post a picture in October when I finish mine. (Too many swaps going to even think of doing anything before October Sad  )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wedding Hairstyles - Updo
Wedding Hairstyles - Chignon
Hair Tips with Star Stylist Allan Avendano and Movie Star Joey King
How to Hide Thinning Hair
Five-Minute Health Fix for Dandruff
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...