A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Big Lebowski Swap Gallery  (Read 11275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rocknroll

I've been away, but now I'm back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006 08:30:59 AM »

Oh, and she gave me the extra bowling pin fabric, so I can make a matching zipper pouch for the bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

licalee
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2006 04:13:30 PM »

That stuff is amazing! I love all the jesus stuff. Everyone made such awesome stuff in this swap!

I was thinking about it earlier and for some reason this thought popped in my head - I wish there were a mashup of the song by the killers where they say "He doesn't look a thing like Jesus". I think somebody should get a hold of that video and throw a pic of the Jesus in there every friggin time they say that. And maybe pics of some 8 year olds when they say "when you were young". But then I'd never be able to get that damn song out of my head because I'd be watvhing it all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittingtwit

who needs a lawnmower?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2006 10:39:20 AM »

HOLY CRAP! 

Everything looks super awesome.  Love the scissors box and the bags and the toes....'

You are all so talented and generous!  That is it.  I will try to limit myself to one swap at a time and try not to be studying for certification exams at the same time.

You ALL rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2006 02:59:47 PM »

I received from danger.kitty and it is one awesome package! I'm going to try and get pics right now while it's still light outside.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006 03:02:43 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
danger.kitty
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2006 04:49:07 PM »

cool licalee, I'm glad the package made it  Grin

here's my group shot...please add more detailed pics if you have them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
licalee
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2006 05:48:34 PM »

awesome! My camera died while uploading the pics so I didn't get to that yet. Waiting for batteries to charge. I'll explain everything in your photo.

The achiever shirt - I'd seen those from pics of Lebowski fests and I love it.

Walter's dirty undies - the size of a cosmetics bag. The band says Walter on it and the label is even doctored to say 2X for the size. When I unzipped the bag there was quite the surprise. The lining looks like shit. Literally. Like poo. Just like you would imagine walter's dirty undies looking like. HILARIOUS!

There's a shrinky dink charm bracelet with balls, pins, a toe, a silhouette of what looks like nixon bowling (think of the pic The Dude has), and a little devil woman that looks like a cross between my avatar, Maude in the dream sequence, and those mudflap ladies that are also called reclining ladies. I love that charm and may have to use it on occasion as a pendant.

Drink coasters that say "Hey, careful man! There's a beverage here! - I'm going to have to make sure my roomie doesn't steal them when she moves out - she loves the Big L and her favorite color is orange.

Then there is a crochet? bowling ball hackey sack which I will use to throw at the TV when politicians are annoying me. "This aggression will not stand!"

Some bowling pin cards which I will use to sent a little note to the bowling alley behind my house that I applied at during this swap. I still want the job but man that would have been awesome to get in there during this swap. I was hoping to get my hands on some bowling-themed goodies so I applied. I needed a second job anyway. I'll be wearing my charm bracelet if I get an interview.

And, last but not least, mini bowling game. Now I can play along in my bedroom while listening to the bowling alley sounds coming in my window. Realistic sound effects, abide!

I love it all!

On a sad note - I messed up with my partner's postal code and she's in another country so it may take a long time to get there. I copied down the address at like 3:00 in the morning after working on a project that royally screwed me over and never made it into the package. True to its nature of being The Jesus themed, it really fucked me in the ass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danger.kitty
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2006 06:08:03 PM »

Haha. I totally LOLed at your description of the undies wallet, licalee!  The lining is brown camo for all of you interested parties...  The silhouettes that licalee describes are supposed to be Maude dressed as the valkarie from the dream sequence (thus the "devil horns" and the other of the guy bowling is indeed from the pic that The Dude has Smiley  Glad you like everything.  The bowling  ball is indeed crochet and you could use it as a hackey sac or as a pin cushion.  Good luck on getting the new job

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006 06:10:15 PM by danger.kitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
licalee
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2006 07:47:55 PM »

Haha - I get totally over descriptive at times. It does look a little like brown cammo but I have a twisted sense of humor and it's unlike the cammo I'm familiar with.

It's, well, splattery. I just couldn't resist posting my initial reaction - you will not be likely to hear someone say something "looks like shit" in a swap gallery any time soon.

Thanks for the "good luck"! It would really be nice to have a second job that I could walk to in less than a minute. And Bowling!

And now for something completely different - me bowling in a Lebowski-esque alley.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006 10:18:01 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006 04:35:28 PM »

I'm still working on better pics if I can get them w/my 2.1 megapixel cam. I've been insanely busy this week wrapping up the swap and getting ready for my roomie to move out. The original pics I took are kinda crappy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006 10:23:26 AM »

Great stuff, guys!

I received a poster and t-shirt from my partner, ophelia, but am still waiting for the crafty package. Pix when I get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Hottest Hair Trends in Hollywood
How to Style Short Hair Like Emma Watson
How to Get Smooth Hair in the Summer Heat
Getting A Salon Style Blowout At Home
3 Hairstyles That Look Great Wet or Dry
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...