A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative couples costumes??  (Read 13943 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006 11:01:39 AM »

Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde - albeit one in the same person, could be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006 11:14:14 AM »

I saw one in some catalouge that was pretty cute.
The guy had a chef's hat and an apron that said "THE BUN MAKER" and then the girl was an oven with a bun in it.
(I think I may do this if I am ever pregnant on halloween.)
I've also seen a pretty naughty one where the guy was an electric plug and the girl was an outlet.
Other ideas....
George and Laura Bush
Bill Clinton and Monica
You could be a christmas carol (ie, one of you dress up as a boxer and the other one can wear strings of cough drops and paint a black eye on your face.... "Deck the Halls" Get it?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigeyes
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006 01:12:11 PM »

My all time fave couples costume was one my ex and I did in the 80s.  I found some silvery slimy looking fabric on a markdown table, and I fabricated a slug suit.  I put a slit in the front at the ankle so I could walk, and had the tapering end trailing behind me.  My husband painted a cardboard drum as a salt box, and then we were a slug and a box of salt.

my other fave was a couple we knew who went as a brick and a bricklayer.  she was in rust leotards and he was in work overalls carrying a trowel.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
jennique
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006 08:28:15 PM »

I would love to do Hagrid and Madame Maxime this year, but while my husband is perfect for Hagrid, (6'4)  I am a full foot shorter than him.  *sigh*  Not exactly canon.  So I'm trying to decide what we could do with a Harry Potter theme.  We're way too old to be students, (after all, this isn't 90210 - Oh!  Oh!  Go as Brenda and Dyllan!!!!  lmao)  and way to dark to be the Malfoys.

You could go as Tonks and Lupin.

And to the poster of the thread, last year a girl I know went with her friend as a Spider and a Web. She was the spider and her friend was the web. I think thats pretty clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006 10:37:33 PM »

My boy doesn't like to dress up either, but after we saw Inside Man earlier this year, he said he wanted to dress up in the coveralls outfit. So we'll be going as the "Busty Woman" that everyone remembered and the main robber guy. Or just 2 hostages  Undecided I'm still wearing my push-up though  Wink Tongue

This is what the costumes look like:
http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0454848/Ss/0454848/2333_D011_00043.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0454848

Pretty easy really... Navy Blue Work CoverAlls, Black Glasses, White Face Covering and some latex gloves.

If you haven't seen the movie you should! Its really good, and I suppose the costumes would make more sense if you knew why everyone was dressed alike (I won't tell and ruin it!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
Muria
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006 08:07:56 PM »

How about velcro? You could each be a side, and if you use some real velcro in there, you can stick together.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006 05:12:17 AM »

You could go as Tonks and Lupin.
Ooh...I like that.  I would get to dye my hair again.  lol

And to the poster of the thread, last year a girl I know went with her friend as a Spider and a Web. She was the spider and her friend was the web. I think thats pretty clever.
That's awesome.  I used to have a pair of earrings like that - one was the spider and one was the web.  My grandfather hated them.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
supersleeves
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006 12:40:29 PM »

Thing One and Thing Two

That was actually our first idea! does anyone know where we could get one piece red suits or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phreeduh
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2006 01:20:36 PM »

me and my hubby are going as Peter and Lois Griffin (from The Family Guy) and I'm trying to find a Stewie Doll to carry around. we're pretty much just getting our clothes from wal-mart, and I have red hair like Lois, but he might wear a wig. Next year (when my hair is longer)  I want to be the little Mermaid and the Prince. one year I was Daphne and a boy was Fred from Scooby doo. oh and once I was Claire (Molly Ringwald) from the Breakfast Club, and you could get him to be one of the guys too. this is all assuming you either are or would like to pretend to be a red-head, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's a hole in the bottom of the sea. did you know?
fleur_delicious
grad student by day, painter/stitcher by night.

i like contrast

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006 06:39:26 PM »

Thing One and Thing Two

That was actually our first idea! does anyone know where we could get one piece red suits or something?

maybe do a google search for footie pajamas for adults? kinda goofy, but it seems like just what you'd need - and let's hear it for being COMFORTABLE on Halloween for a change!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all of this, calm and reasonable as it was, made out of ordinary things as it was, was the truth now; beauty, that was the truth now. Beauty was everywhere. - Virginia Woolf

follow my adventures in making here:
http://www.pacificrain.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear a Drag Queen Wig
How to Maintain a Wig
How to Wear a Wig
How to Get the Best Hairdressing Products
Stephanie’s Makeover with Shantal Dupon - Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...