A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Etsy Street Teams - Felting Team??  (Read 929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 09, 2006 09:40:35 AM »

Hi Kiddos-
I've posted this on the felting boards originally because that's where I will catch the eyes of my lovely fibre friends-and now here- coz this is where it belongs. Smiley
I had a small brainwave after recieving a message from Matt at Etsy about the Street Teams Profiles Page, and I KNOW this isn't etsy, but thought I would have better success at posting in here than anywhere else. The street team profiles pages are here- and they are starting to look really spiffy. http://team.etsy.com/profilest

So, I know the felting mods have etsy shops and a few others do.. Matt has mentioned that there isnt any reason we cannot start street teams not only based on geographical location but also under themes or the like. Like the "Dark Arts Team" that has started. http://team.etsy.com/profilest/dark.shtml
I wonder if there is interest in us getting together and setting up a page in the street teams pofiles page under Handmade Felt or even Fibre Arts. It might be a great new venue to help educate and spread the word about the resurgence of this type of fibre art. While helping to promote our stores/wares and create another great selling community.
I am already in contact with Matt about another Street Team I've been working on (Canada) and while I am there, I could possibly set up another if there is anyone who is interested in signing up, signing on, taking part......

Or this could just be a flash in the pan and its silly? I dunno- I am all about the promotion of you beautiful fibre freaks.    so let me know. 
thanks!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006 04:26:37 AM »

go etsy felting team!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006 05:44:30 AM »

Wow Lexis, you are always thinking and coming up with innovative ideas. 

It took me a while to look through the street team stuff and the Dark Etsy Team.  Yeah! to Etsy Dark Artists for leading the way in focused interest groups. 

It does appear to be a great way to share ideas for flyers, join together to put ads in print media and on line.   And to come up with wording to put in tags or descriptions so buyers can search more easily to find a specific type product.  Buyers have noted in the Etsy forums that they would like a more specific way to search for hand felted items - because even with the words hand felted they get craft felt and knitted and crocheted fulled items.

You had mentioned in the felting board one time about a traveling hand made felt show featuring work of many felters.  And I believe you are currating a show in Vancouver?  So the Etsy Street team could come up with ways and ideas on how to make a traveling show actually make it's way around the world.  For instance, maybe I could see about scheduling a show at the local community art gallery.  Sometimes they have grant funds to help pay for the shipping.  And if many of us were looking for sites and funds we might actually pull of this dream.

It looks like there are lots of great communication features for focused group work in the Street team portion of Etsy.  If you set up a Hand made felt Street team, yes I'd join.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006 05:46:31 AM by GraceOblivious » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
MysticSpiral
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006 12:22:18 PM »

Just wondering if there has been any further discussion of this subject. I would adore a felt street team.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nest
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006 07:51:52 PM »

I would be interested. Please feel free to contact me. I can make a banner, as well!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.nest.etsy.com
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.nesthandmade.blogspot.com')
"If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, and magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin,
Come in, come in!" Shel Silverstein
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006 09:41:37 AM »

I love the fact that you folks wanna continue with this idea!!! hurrah! It would be very cool if it could happen....BUT as for me organizing it- I won't be able to. I can -of course - help anyone who wants to do this, but I just dont have the time needed to take care of a group properly.  Sad
I do have a bit of expereince trying to wrangle up people for this Trans-canada team we have for etsy, so if anyone does wanna try this, like I said, I can help with advice.  Undecided  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyncontemporary
handbags, Felt, knitt, crochet, metal,

www.kutz.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006 09:14:25 AM »

I work a lot with felt and I would to participate on that team.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Ruler Measurements in InDesign CS3
How to Convert a Color Photo to Black and White in Photoshop CS3
How to Copy and Paste Objects in Flash CS3
How to Create Old Burnt Parchment Paper in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a 3D Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...