A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,460
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk clothes  (Read 4794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004 11:34:21 AM »

Thansk kategirl. I have some micro fishnet hoses but they have a big hole on the thigh. I could fix it. Anymore ideas that you have?

Egads! Dont fix the hole!!!! leave it thattaway it'll look better Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
ophelias_demise

Madness in great ones must not unwatched go

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004 12:07:43 AM »

How the hell does that look 'punk'? All you have to do is wear a long sleeve shirt underneath your tee..... or just sew longer sleeves on it.... but that, in no way at all, makes you a 'punk'.

linty- I think I love you...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Give a hobbit a black eye! Attack, Space Monkeys, attack!
artsypansy
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2004 04:29:46 PM »

kategirl, thank you soooo much for the fishnet top info. i really wanted a fishnet top but my mom is like-"i dont like those" and so i have never bought one (not just b/c my mom doesnt like them but mainly b/c they are expensive) and i had these fishnets that are too small and they were just rotting away in my dresser... so i had to make one of those tops and it turned out GREAT! i was SOOOO excited! haha!! thank you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004 07:42:24 AM »

God, I'm getting old. I'm now the punkrock mom. Back in my day we made our own clothes. There were very few shops (and those were independent places) that sold ready made clothes. Now I go into a mall and laugh at these kids and how mainstream it's become to try NOT to be mainstream.

Anyway, plaid for SKA is always a must. Black goes well with everything. Skulls and chains (but aren't those really popular now?) Chuck T's.

Maybe it's time we take back what's ours. Let's all dress like business professionals and really screw up the minds of everyone else. Ha ha!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
pipu

pipu said "peep!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004 11:56:40 AM »

Uh, those shirts aren't punk in the least.

fantasyflea, maybe it would help if you could describe the look you are going for (perhaps without using the word 'punk'), or provide more links to the styles you are talking about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hotgluegungal
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004 03:02:12 PM »

okay, so maybe she used the wrong word to describe what she was looking for, but does that mean that we have to critize her and label her a a "poser"? Yes, the word punk has a new meaning now and maybe it has become everything that it was so set out aganist in the beginning. So what? In the end its just a word and a sterotype. Words can't descirbe an attitude and if you're one of those who said it isn't punk then you've just bought into the whole labeling game.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CallMeAnne
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004 05:09:36 PM »

For arm warmers, you could just buy a second hand long sleeve shirt... the torso doesnt have to fit, but find one where the arms are a little tight, but comfortable, and cut.  You can just decorate them anyway you want... pins, stitching, stencils, etc.

*Just a note about Chuck Taylors......  Nike bought Converse.  www.blackspotsneaker.org has an alternative, or you can just look on ebay for a vintage pair (I think I saw some plaid ones before, but they are never in my size  Cry )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IceCreamCone
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004 04:17:28 PM »

Yes, the word punk has a new meaning now and maybe it has become everything that it was so set out aganist in the beginning.

You are right.
Punk used to mean delinquent (as in, bad for the community).
Then years later it meant you listened to a certain style of music, dressed a certain way, whatever.
Now it's going to mean whatever the newer generation makes it to be.

It's just a word.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lutheranchick
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004 06:47:37 AM »

Even Target is selling fishnets in a wide range of colors now.
I am a fan of old-school all-cotton tights.  They rip easily, naturally, and punkily.  They are also comfortable and have a muted color quality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
pipu

pipu said "peep!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004 10:26:59 AM »

Words can't descirbe an attitude and if you're one of those who said it isn't punk then you've just bought into the whole labeling game.

I was simply trying to get at her meaning.  If she says she wants a punk look, but provides samples that aren't punk, then I'm not sure what it is she wants.  Sometimes people use the wrong words to describe what they want.  That's not a big deal, only she was asking for advice. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No-Bake Grasshopper Pie Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Meet the $100 Golden Cristal Ube Doughnut
How to Make National Trust Ginger and Orange Cake
Kids Baking Championship: Pie and Ice Cream Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...