A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: granny square pattern I made up -- opinions?  (Read 13274 times)
Tags for this thread: granny_square , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

her
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007 07:21:47 AM »

It's really nice. Would make a lovely afghan or throw. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007 08:38:31 AM »

Oooh That's funky looking. I like it! If I can master the hippie looking purse from the Happy Hooker then I'll try this square for another purse.  So far, that granny square from the Happy Hooker looks different every time I make it. Hmm. Anyway, I like your colors, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007 08:43:32 AM »

very  nice!!! i  love it!  now if only I could read a  pattern and do a regular granny square!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
sceptregirl
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007 11:28:35 AM »

Hi-- I copied your pattern and started it this morning.But I don't know what "hdtr"means.Could you e-mail me telling me how to do this?I would appreciate it.Thanks.
                                           malasky44@shaw.ca
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007 01:44:35 PM »

It's funny to me that this OLD OLD post has gotten dredged back up!  How nice that anyone is still looking  Wink

I maintain that color choice is really a subjective thing.  I personally like a lot of different colors, and I like a couple of colors that are contrasting and unexpected.  But you know, any time you do a crochet patter, whether it's a granny square or whatever, you can choose the colors and yarns that you like.  I think this pattern would look just as nice in varying shades of blue, or if the rounds were reassigned to just a couple of different colors.  Personalize it!

About the "hdtr", it's a "half-double-triple", and I swear I didn't make it up, but I can't remember where I got it from.  I have a lot of vintage crochet patterns...  I have found a few different things online, but they're not all the same, and I can't remember exactly what I did.  Let me work on it tonight, and I'll get back to you!

Sorry for the confusion!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
glittergirl94
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007 03:12:26 PM »

I love the color choices!  Compliments the stitching nicley. 

It's nice to see another Melinda here too!  There aren't many of us around...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007 10:01:17 AM »

Okay!  I think I have fixed the problem with Round 5.  It's kind of an important round, because that's where the square "rotates" so that the center square is diagonal.  If you go to the first post in this thread, you will see my changes in RED text.

If there are other problems or questions, let me know!  This inspires me to try to make up more squares, because the process of making up something and then trying to write it out so that others can understand it is a tricky (but fun) challenge.

Thanks again,

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007 11:36:21 AM »

very different! i'm going to use this pattern for my square exchange. i'm getting tired of the same ole same ole!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007 12:12:17 PM »

I really like this and I'm bookmarking it to do after I get some other projects done.

I like how you did the colours because it really shows the stitch work! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
buckynbaby
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007 10:58:35 PM »

That's great...so many grannies out there are either so flowery and blech, or absolutely plain!  Good job

~L
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Match with Your Prom Date – Without Looking Cheesy
How to Look Edgy Cool at Prom
How to Find Your Perfect Prom Shoes
DIY: Perfect Pair of Cut-Off Shorts!
The Best Front Row Fashion at Paris Haute Couture Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...