A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 14 Gallery  (Read 48324 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters , table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2006 04:54:40 PM »

Did you work out the strap is adjustable?
I sewed a channel into the apron top so that you can run the strapping through the top and then back down to tie the apron on.
thus solving the problem of making the top strap to big or to small.
mind you I had to unpick the top 3 times to get it all right.

Ahhh yeah.. funny thing about the straps... The first time I tried it on I was sooo happy!  It fit like it was sewn exactly for my body.. then I go and have David take pics of me wearing my candy cane pajamas and the apron so I could get pics up... and I felt like a dunce.  The top was hanging low and when I went to tie it the right side was sooo short... so I take it off and figured it was sewn on wrong for some weird reason - and then I noticed how long the other side was and gave it a tug.. and felt like a complete idiot!

Sooo.  I was making salad - you know me and my salad - for dinner tonight and Collin comes up to me and tells me to put on my apron!  He is just too cute!

Okay.  I am definitely going to get those other pics up when the sun comes up again - I want to take it outside so I can get a good shot of that front.  I am still in awe of it.  I just love that rabbit.  I now need to get a shirt with it on so I can where the heck out of it!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2006 07:50:38 PM »

Just wanted to post quickly that I received my GORGEOUS nestlace from catpants yesterday!  It is so lovely, I haven't taken it off since!

Thank you soooooooo much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2006 04:23:58 AM »

im wondering if i should post pictures of the shirt i sent boblink...she received monday... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amifer
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2006 05:36:31 AM »

liebschien received her package yesterday, but hasn't been feeling too well. So I told her I'd post a couple of the pictures I took.

I sent an etched glass dog treat jar for her pup, filled with baked dog treats. Unfortunately, it's really tough to photograph etched glass with my crappy work camera (you'd think I would have remembered to take them at home with my good camera, but I realised as I was boxing it up that I hadn't)

It's got tiny dog bones etched all over, and a couple of big bones and fire hydrants etched along the top. And just because I'm a dork...

I also included some people treats -- Canadian chocolate! Hopefully it will help you feel better!  Kiss And feel free to post better pictures when you're well. Let's see if you have any luck snapping the design!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006 09:28:55 AM by Amifer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2006 08:05:54 AM »

that dog treat jar is such a cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2006 08:46:30 AM »

Oh, rosali, what a beautiful pillow!  I will be wisting when I get home (but, I don't really need to, do I.... Wink)

You are super  talented, Miss Rhiannon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2006 08:52:25 AM »

rosali--I have told you over and over that I love your stuff!! You have mad talent, girl!!  Those pillow covers are simply wonderful!!

hee hee--love the doggie treat jar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2006 12:17:37 PM »

Thanks ladies, yay I'm so pleased you like them k8kre8s!
Amifer that jar looks awesome!.. Where did you learn etching? I have a sudden desire to put patterns on vases and bottles and litter my windowsill with them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amifer
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2006 12:54:00 PM »

Amifer that jar looks awesome!.. Where did you learn etching? I have a sudden desire to put patterns on vases and bottles and litter my windowsill with them Smiley

Well, originally I picked it up from my dad who built a giant sand-blaster to etch glass and mirror (it's literally a giant contraption hooked up to an air compressor that blasts sand at your glass/vase/mirror/etc scratching the surface and leaving a design). He's actually done some really cool things with it. But dragging it into the back yard and hooking it up is a pain, especially in the winter. Plus you have to be increadably attentive and patient.

Glass etching cream, on the other hand, is way easier! Although it doesn't have the same "craftsmen-ship" to it, it tends to run if you don't watch it, and leaving it on for x amount of time will have different results under x number of circumstances... it's soooo much faster and convenient.

So essentially, the cream is easier but the results are less reliable, I guess. I certainly recommend it though, and be sure to check out the various boards on the matter.

I hope that answered your question, rosali. If not, feel free to ask more!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006 12:56:05 PM by Amifer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2006 01:10:09 PM »

After a few days of worrying, thinking this was lost (it took foreeeeeeever), my package from reneecarol has now arrived!

She sent me a really cute little tote bag, a scarf in gorgeous colors and a 'girly' notepad.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Different Celeb Same Dress: Kyle Minogue, Nicki Minaj and JLaw
Beth Ditto: Steal Her Style
Different Celebrity Same Dress
Supermodel Trends: Then and Now
Celebrity Sneaker Style
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...