A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 9/7/06 - More Changes Related to Upgrade  (Read 21763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2006 02:07:30 PM »

Everything looks back to better than before..great job Leah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
jane feebles
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2006 02:44:46 AM »

I don't know if anyone's brought this up (12 pages!) but I'm really missing the time and date setting that used to sit with the check my posts link. I'm in Australia, so I've kind of enjoyed knowing what time it is in the US, it's handy when you're posting or pming or desperately waiting to see if a swap package has arrived - it gives me an idea of when people are asleep or likely to be online.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2006 04:00:23 AM »

I don't know if anyone's brought this up (12 pages!) but I'm really missing the time and date setting that used to sit with the check my posts link. I'm in Australia, so I've kind of enjoyed knowing what time it is in the US, it's handy when you're posting or pming or desperately waiting to see if a swap package has arrived - it gives me an idea of when people are asleep or likely to be online.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Is it entirely gone or just the wrong time?  Where in particular was/is it?  Now I'm curious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2006 11:43:17 AM »

i think i know what she's talking about, next to our usernames at the top used to be the date and time, and you could set it in your profile to your timezone, but when i first joined craftster i didn't know that you could set it so it stayed at eastern time (i'm in central) i thought that was craftsters standard time, i bet janefeebles left it at what it was at and therefore she could see what time it was in newyork all the time. my theory anyways
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2006 09:37:35 PM »

The only thing that still doesn't work for me is the search - I just get pages filled with 0% Relevance
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2006 09:43:00 PM »

oh yeah i've been meaning to ask that, i have a few things i forgot to bookmark and when i searched for them they were impossible to find, even when i typed in most of the title of the post
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
jane feebles
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2006 01:28:30 AM »

i think i know what she's talking about, next to our usernames at the top used to be the date and time, and you could set it in your profile to your timezone, but when i first joined craftster i didn't know that you could set it so it stayed at eastern time (i'm in central) i thought that was craftsters standard time, i bet janefeebles left it at what it was at and therefore she could see what time it was in newyork all the time. my theory anyways

An excellent theory indeed superstitch, that's exactly what I meant. I liked Craftster Standard Time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2006 04:42:36 AM »

The only thing that still doesn't work for me is the search - I just get pages filled with 0% Relevance

oh yeah i've been meaning to ask that, i have a few things i forgot to bookmark and when i searched for them they were impossible to find, even when i typed in most of the title of the post

Could you guys do me a favor?  Could you go to this thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=122939.0 and site specific examples of words you search for that don't give satisfactory results.  Incude whether you use quotes or + signs or anything with your searches as well.  Leah is trying to research these, but we need specific examples to be able to reproduce the exact issues.  Smiley

I'll love you long time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2006 04:45:20 AM »

An excellent theory indeed superstitch, that's exactly what I meant. I liked Craftster Standard Time!

AHHH... I see!

The posts will still show the time for ya.  You can set the time in your profile so that your post time shows up as EST, if you'd like.  I'm not sure if the little clock will come back, but at least you'll still be able to see Craftster Time somewhere.  Smiley

Look and Layout Preferances
Time Format
...if you set it to (Forum Default) it will match us.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollydaze

Best things I ever made.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2006 09:32:04 AM »

I miss the clock too! 

I've also noticed that when I click on the "30 most recent posts" button I only get 10 on my screen. Today at one point I got posts numbered 1,3,4, 5 and 9, but nothing else.  I've checked to see if this is a display option, but I can't see where I'd change it.  Is this something anybody else has noticed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're not totally at the mercy of the wind, or of life.  Wind is essentially a chaotic phenomenon, but you can still sail in it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Potato Salad with Hot Smoked Sausage by Chef Jill
New York Style Dog by Chef Jill Houk
First and Ten Saute by Chef Jill Houk
How to Make the Ramenritto at Home
30-Minute Real Deal Chili Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...