A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 9/7/06 - More Changes Related to Upgrade  (Read 22467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006 01:40:42 AM »

I love the new changes too! that is, I still miss the 'new' button thing in bookmarks... but,

with the recent posts with pictures "glitch" I had the same thing happen to me before the renovations.... I kinda figured that it was only showing the recent posts that take up those pages... which had pics, so say, page three had only text replies... page three, when you clicked on page three, would show up as "empty".....

Well, Im not 100% sure if thats why, but thats what I thought about it.. hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
green.turtle
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006 02:43:07 AM »

WOW. cooooool!
i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*green.turtle <3*
starlawill
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006 04:16:35 AM »

well first, love the new look! very clean. i like it. but, one thing i miss is how it used to say if i had any unread messages next to my name at the top of the page. it just seems a bit tedious to me to have to keep on clicking on the "my messages" tab to see if there are new pm's. especially when i'm at work and don't have access to my email so i don't have anything alerting me to a new pm. any way we can bring that back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftyhev

Have a nice day :)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006 04:58:55 AM »

PROBLEM.

When I click the button, it takes me to the first page of the post instead of the most recent.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Otherwise, it looks great!  Thanks Leah.

Hmm.  Not me.

Check your profile settings... maybe it has something to do with the order of posts you have set up?

My Profile, Look & Layout Preferences for "Show most recent posts at the top." is unselected.  Maybe that's something to do with it?

I've seen it mentioned several times that when using the bookmark feature clicking the icon takes you to the first page of the post, not the unread posts. I'm having that issue, and my "show most recent posts at the top" is also unselected.

I love the gushing and thanks for Leah, but wonder if that makes it harder for her to see when people post about issues? I suppose any of us could open a help desk ticket for these things, but I was trying to be patient about it.

I'll jump on this bandwagon. I am also having the first-page-of-the-thread blues.

So it's not everyone? We must just be special.  Wink

Me too, me too.  Love the new look, but the wonky 'new' button thing is vexing...
If you click the last message on the thread - the next time you use it it goes back to where you were. Sort of just needs resetting to where you are. Hope that helps....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs, Heather

Be true to yourself Smiley Smiley Smiley

When you get to the end of your rope - tie a knot and hang on!!
(Franklin D. Roosevelt)
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006 05:14:41 AM »

well first, love the new look! very clean. i like it. but, one thing i miss is how it used to say if i had any unread messages next to my name at the top of the page. it just seems a bit tedious to me to have to keep on clicking on the "my messages" tab to see if there are new pm's. especially when i'm at work and don't have access to my email so i don't have anything alerting me to a new pm. any way we can bring that back?

Check your profile & make sure your alert is still turned on.

Profile > Personal Message Options > Make sure Show a popup when you receive new messages? is "checkmarked"

Mine still works & it also leaves a running "count" of how many unread I have at the top of the screen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006 05:15:30 AM »

Are you guys talking about the NEW button on "new replies to your posts?"  Mine works ... maybe I'm not looking at the same NEW as you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCGal
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006 05:34:49 AM »

I love love love the new little green button that shows if someone is online!  Brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melesse
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006 05:37:09 AM »

My problem is with the new button in bookmarks, specifically. New works in replies to my posts, unread posts since last visit, but does not work in the bookmarks area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell stuff too! SkyWorks ~ It's all about the wistlists, babeee!

I do personal swaps... PM me.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006 05:45:08 AM »

My problem is with the new button in bookmarks, specifically. New works in replies to my posts, unread posts since last visit, but does not work in the bookmarks area.

Ahh.  Welll, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.  *giggle*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starlawill
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006 07:22:50 AM »

Check your profile & make sure your alert is still turned on.

Profile > Personal Message Options > Make sure Show a popup when you receive new messages? is "checkmarked"

Mine still works & it also leaves a running "count" of how many unread I have at the top of the screen.

aha! thank you! and i just got a couple of pm's and when you get new messages it shows on the "my messages" tab. soooo...i take it back! lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vert-Vurt by Ellan Grossman
Whatever Can Go Wrong by Ellan Grossman
Water Seeks Own Level by Ellan Grossman
The Knots Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Milano Cookies Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...