A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NOT YOUR BORING OLD JEAN PURSE....*NOW WITH TUTE*  (Read 11843 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aodm

Pretty in purple!!

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2006 06:31:23 AM »

I MADE THIS PURSE ABOUT A WEEK AGO IT WAS REALLY LATE AND I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING BUT I THINK IT CAME OUT OK (BTW THIS IS MY FIRST RECON AND POST) BE NICE

HERE WE GO ON TO THE PICTURES.....

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/AODM/5819550c.jpg  INSIDE PURSE AND ALL MY STUFF

HANDLES I STOLE FROM MY SIS DON'T TELL HER I DID THOUGH Wink

BACK POCKETS

AND FINALLY THE FRONT WITH THE BELT I MADE FROM SAME FABRIC AS LINING

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY PICS MY CAMERA HATES ME

TUTORIAL---------

SUPPLIES

pair of jeans duh
scissors
ruler
sewing machine/supplies
cardboard
fabric for lining
your cute handles
and any embellishments you wish for your purse
*optional fabric glue and interfacing*

1. FIRST CUT YOUR JEANS BELOW THE BACK POCKET (SAVE THE LEGS)

2. THEN MEASURE FROM HALF OF THE FRONT POCKET TO THE BEGINNING OF THE BACK POCKET THEN MEASURE FROM THE BEG. OF THE BACK POCKET TO THE END OF THE OTHER POCKET

3. NEXT TAKE THE MEASUREMENTS YOU JUST TOOK AND GRAB ON OF THE LEGS AND CUT OUT A PIECE SHOULD BE A RECTANGLE MINE WAS FOR THE BOTTOM PART

4. NOW SEW THAT PIECE YOU JUST CUT TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR JEANS LIKE I TOLD YOU HALF OF FRONT POCKET TO BEG. OF BACK POCKET AND SO ON

5. THEN TAKE YOUR CARDBOARD AND CUT PIECES EQUAL TO THE SIZE OF YOUR BAG SIDES AND BOTTOM TAKE YOUR GLUE ANY GLUE AND GLUE THEM TO ALL YOUR SIDES AND BOTTOM TO KEEP YOUR BAG STANDING STRAIGHT AND TALL

6. OK NOW TAKE YOUR LINING FABRIC AND MAKE ANOTHER "PURSE IDENTICAL TO YOUR ALMOST READY JEAN PURSE" HOPE I MAKE SENSE

7. GLUE IT TO THE INSIDE OF YOUR  OR SEW BUT I THINK GLUE WORKS BETTER AT LEAST FOR ME IT DID  ;DJEANS AND WAIT FOR IT TO DRY

AND THERE YOU GO!! A BRAND NEW PURSE.. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS ADD YOUR HANDLES I ADDED MINE WITH KEYRINGS ON THE BELT THINGIES AND DECORATE AS YOU PLEASE

* SINCE THIS WAS MY FIRST RECON I DIDN'T THINK OF USING INTERFACING IT MIGHT WORK BUT I'VE NEVER USED SO I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS BUT IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT GO FOR IT *

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR SOMETHING ISN'T CLEAR PLEASE ASK AND I WILL GLADLY HELP YOU  Cheesy AND IF YOU MAKE ONE OF THESE PLEASE POST IT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT ALL YOU  CRAFSTERS COME UP WITH Wink

AND ONE LAST THING PLEASE DON'T SELL THESE SINCE I AM GONNA START SELLING THEM BUT FEEL FREE TO MAKE THEM FOR YOURSELVES AND FRIENDS
   HAVE FUN!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011 12:26:43 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog

Wists

Facebook

I love personal swaps PM me!
craftyfingers

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006 06:47:33 AM »

nice! I like the handles and how they are attached in the front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006 07:08:27 AM »

The orange is wonderful! Having a strip/belt of it on the outside as well as the lining really makes it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
aodm

Pretty in purple!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006 07:39:24 AM »

THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS I WAS REALLY NERVOUS POSTING THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH GOOD WORK ON HERE BUT YOU MADE MY DAY Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog

Wists

Facebook

PuNkY*BrAtZtEr
professional shooter/natural born brat

who says wings aren't an accessory?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006 09:56:23 AM »

that is super cute! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006 10:27:38 AM »

I love it!!  Was it easy to make?  Every time I tried to do anything with jeans, I always managed to break my sewing machine needle.  Angry  Now I just shy away from recon jeans...   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aodm

Pretty in purple!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006 06:31:12 PM »

ACTUALLY I CHEATED A LITTLE  Tongue I JUST USED FABRIC GLUE TO ATTACH THE LINING TO THE JEANS SINCE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BREAKING MY NEEDLES THE REST WAS SORT OF EASY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog

Wists

Facebook

smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006 05:56:15 AM »

ACTUALLY I CHEATED A LITTLE  Tongue I JUST USED FABRIC GLUE TO ATTACH THE LINING TO THE JEANS SINCE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BREAKING MY NEEDLES THE REST WAS SORT OF EASY

Undecided  why didnt I think of that?  Good idea!! Thanks for the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cottonpatch
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006 09:17:07 PM »

I love how you made the shape more boxy than other jean purses and I love how you did the handles on the belt loops, how clever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." B. Fuller

Personal blog, recipes, beauty, and random stuff!
http://pcoschick.blogspot.com/

My shop
http://refinddesigns.etsy.com
shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006 10:09:49 AM »

...I WAS REALLY NERVOUS POSTING THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH GOOD WORK ON HERE BUT YOU MADE MY DAY Cheesy

Hi, aodm!

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I was VERY nervous showing pictures of my jean leg bag since there are so many cute and professional things shown here and I know mine wasn't. But yours is one of the nice ones...

Your jean bag is very cute AND functional. (And much nicer than mine...) I really adore your belt and the way the rings hold your handles. (By the way, I emailed your sister telling her why her handles are missing and where to find them.....) Wink

One great thing about making a bag out of the top of old jeans is all those pockets you get. Aren't they handy? So, did you add any extra pouches and little hide-away compartments on the inside, too?

My camera hates me. We have a little in common, except I don't have a sister that has nice things to, uh... 'borrow'. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cindy Gerard Talks About Risk No Secrets
Meet Dr. Zhi Gang Sha
David Hazony Talks About The Ten Commandments
Jon Scieszka Reads from Truckery Rhymes
Crossing the Tracks Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...