A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects for Zaftig Gals!  (Read 5352 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elphabia
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004 10:13:17 AM »

Thanks gals.  I was feeling bummed looking at all the cute clothes that could make but never wear.  I like zaftig because I think it implies two very important things.......

- Curves.......beautf ul sexy curves that we should be proud of!!!!
     - It has a ring to it that doesn't have negative connotations......p ainters loved zaftig women think Boticelli 

Of course, the second issue is that I am not 21 anymore and I want to wear things that express my unique sense of style and love of handmade items without looking like an insane woman desperately clinging to her fading youth.  A but dramatic but I know some of you out there know EXACTLY what I am talking about.  My days of wearing cut off shorts with tights, a cute vintage top and Docs are over. 

Ahhhhh, let's here it fr the cut offs, tights,  docs!!!!!! oh those where the days and so much differant figure!!!! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retroeva
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004 03:53:26 PM »

Ok, I posted the pics/tutorial for that jean skirt thingy
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12592.0
Hope this falls into a prospective category.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of domestic goodness:
http://www.domesticeva.blogspot.com

Craftsman/Victorian Home Swap anyone?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309948.0
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005 02:08:05 PM »

I like being zaftig! I remember first hearing the word in Margaret Cho's standup routine, and it's been there ever since.

I'm damn proud to be zaftig, 32DD and 4'10" and zaftig. Hallelujah for selfpride Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
djungelorms friend

staying sane through grad school by staying crafty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005 02:23:34 PM »

I love this word, and I think the dictionary definition clears up just whose standard of "fat" zaftig is! 

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=zaftig

I have an average chest but VERY curvy hips and shopping for pants makes me sad.  I have enough confidence in myself to feel sexy except when I'm trying on lousy blue jeans--why the hell do the manufacturers think your waist must be the same size as your hips?  that's boy proportions!

okay, deep breath.  stop ranting, girl. Roll Eyes

okay.

I'm just sad that I always end up with clown pants that gape at the waist 'cuz i'm an hourglassy kinda girl in a kate moss world.

I'm so excited to see this thread, i hope we can all share some zaftig ideas for looking our fabulous best in hand-crafted splendor... I'm working on the infamous glampyre boobholder, I'll let you know how that works out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

have you hugged a moose today?
tawna1121
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006 11:29:32 AM »

Great word ....Someone mention how artists love Zaftig ladies...well another famous one was Ruben ( yeah I was an art major at one point!) and so My Dream is open a plus size clothing store and call it Rube' ( say Ruby's) in his honor lol teehee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To Live is to Create to Create is to live !
vtgirl
"Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006 12:26:28 PM »

Just wanted to share for all of you THRIFTY curvaceous craftsters out there...

Hancock Fabricks is having a pattern sale. 
               $1/ea. on Butterick Patterns (limit 5 (which is about all I could afford), in stock only)
I checked out the website and most all of their patterns in the "normal" collection go up to at LEAST a size 20, some up to 26.  Then they have a "plus sized" section as well.
                This sale is from January 29 (hey that's today) to February 4

THEN.........

From February 5- February 11
                 $1/ea. on McCall's Patterns (same restrictions apply)
I haven't checked out the website for these yet but I'm getting there....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
Effylicious
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006 05:52:23 PM »

Great word ....Someone mention how artists love Zaftig ladies...well another famous one was Ruben ( yeah I was an art major at one point!) and so My Dream is open a plus size clothing store and call it Rube' ( say Ruby's) in his honor lol teehee

Exactly. I'm an art major. I like to call myself "rubeneqsue". Or fluffy =D Thats also a favourite of mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a moment of silence, please, for those who never had the chance, they show up to a partybut they're never asked to dance, the losers, the liars, the bastards, the theives, the cynicists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing...
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006 10:16:17 AM »

"zaftig" is a word I actually like -- it means "juicy"!

Juicy is such a wonderful word. Why not use that? Or "succulent". Both are so sexy!

Because "Juicy" and "Succulent" call roast chickens to mind. Zaftig sounds foreign and exotic by comparison (IMHO)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tawna1121
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006 01:22:49 PM »

Exactly. I'm an art major. I like to call myself "rubeneqsue". Or fluffy =D Thats also a favourite of mine.

LOL Some many of us in Craftster ..hmm wonder why LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To Live is to Create to Create is to live !
low_budget_diva
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006 08:12:24 PM »

Ooooh, one of the synonyms for "zaftig" was "embonpoint," which all you francophone folks will recognize means "in good condition". If I can just figure out how to pronounce it, I might just like it better than zaftig.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Texture
How to Photograph a Stranger
How to Use Wide Angle For Sharper Images
How to Use Window Light as a Beauty Light
How to Utilize the Visual Power of Red
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...