A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,554
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "We Love Leah & Craftster" Thread!  (Read 46131 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2003 07:25:58 PM »

Does anybody else here find themselves constantly talking with your friends and other random people about how cool craftster is?  I'm always relating everything to the projects I see. Sometimes it's when someone asks me about something I made, or today I said to my mom-in-law, "Is that a book purse?" And she replied, "A what?" And then I started going on and on about the craftster community...
anyone else here that way?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 09:47:02 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
singtotheskies

I, too, taste like chicken

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003 08:22:48 PM »

ya... i know how you feel. I really like this site... don't see how anyone could make something so coool. It seems like it would be very difficult.(I'm not computer friendly) However I don't get the oppurtunity to talk about it too much because my friends are always blabbing about some boy or another, and if I opened my mouth they would consider me a mutated form of martha stewart=not a good thing in middle school. Smiley *deep breath* wow...run-on if i ever heard one. OK. wow. 2nd post and already blabbing. ya. sorry. i just lost my train of thought. ok. bye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.
artzyfartzy
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003 09:00:53 PM »

i agree. craftster is a great place to communicate! i love the fact we can share pictures of our projects etc etc - it helps alot and we learn so much more this way!!! I was immediately addicted as soon as I logged on here .. I right away fell in love with the whole look/feel and general idea that craftster was ... and it is booming! you go craftster admin!

* and like the rest - I cant talk crafts much to real live people  --- most just think, 'oh wow..wish i could do that ( and have no want to try )...or just think i'm weird
THIS ROCKS   Logged

comfits
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003 09:47:36 PM »

so funny you brought this up, firehead!  i just gave the site address to my 16 year old niece who is a bit of a crafty girl, too.  i hope she decides to sign on Smiley

i, too, don't have any real-life people to talk crafts to.  so, my hub gets an earfull.  i don't know how much he understands, but he listens just the same.  he thinks i'm silly & that's okay cuz i think you gotta be.  being silly makes things more exciting Smiley  

craftster is a dream come true.  i was shocked when i didn't get a job this year & was stressing over what to do w/ myself.  there's only so many ideas you can come up w/ on your own before you get burnt.  this site not only gives you so many more awesome ideas, but is so inspiring.  it's also a great way to make craftin' buds, as i've said before.  

i think it's awesome to talk about this firehead.  i'm sure leah will greatly appreciate the positive feedback.  we heart leah!!!!!  oh, and i love the look & layout of the site, too!!  very well done & we're all very appreciative.  thank you, thank you!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003 06:17:41 AM »

me too.  instantly addicted and can't stop talking about how great it is.  i tell myself that the reason why i spend SOOOO MUCH time every day on craftster is that i'm rendered immobile with a baby in my lap all day.  but deep down, i know i'd be just as hooked, regardless.  it's just that cool.
and i even have a big community of artists around, and i still can't get enough crafty talk.
we went away for a couple days for xmas and i was in such withdrawal without craftster access that i watched 4 hours of mtv, which i haven't watched in 15 years!  
needless to say, i'm glad to be back.
yippee for crafters! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thewalrusisme
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003 07:16:19 AM »

Does anybody else here find themselves constantly talking with your friends and other random people about how cool craftster is?  

Yes Ma'am and whenever im around my one other crafty friend im constantly searching for a computer so i can show her "The Coolest thing ever" i found on craftster last night.. im still bugging her to join, she'll succumb soon, so i can talk about craftster projects when im on here and when im not too..   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
broadwaybabe_4

I'm in love! (With the right One.)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003 01:56:18 PM »

my mom is about ready to ban me from the internet because im always on here wanting to try new things! hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain. Climb on two by two, to be sure these days continue.
Debzy

I'm a Scouser!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003 10:51:44 AM »

wow, i'm glad it's not just me!!

i have found a whole new hobby, just from joining this site. you guys have given me so much inspiration and help  Grin

i think the key here is friendliness, just like missroo pointed out. i've been on other forums (not naming any names...) in the past but never found one as welcoming or open as craftster.

thank you so much, leah, for your creation! and thank you everyone else for being the crafty stars that you are.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003 12:43:39 PM »

thank you so much, leah, for your creation! and thank you everyone else for being the crafty stars that you are.  Grin

Thank YOU guys and gals. You are truly craftin' superstars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
thixle
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003 02:08:53 PM »

I too am addicted to craftster. This is the absolute best website in the world! And, no, I'm not exaggerating. I'm constantly telling my bf what Debzy did, or the fabric MissRoo has, or the cool t-shirt Leah made (and on and on and on)...

I'm an art student, so "crafting" is frowned on by my peers. Yeah, educated, trained artists who don't think it is art if it is sewn  Roll Eyes Except for the Fibers Department...

Anyway, I am so very glad this community exists. Everyone is so nice and supportive and I am glad to be a part of it! (I just wish I could contribute to the bandwidth charges.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pull It Together with This Braided Top Knot
How to Tease Your Hair: The Backcombing Basics
How to Make Greasy Hair Look Good
How to Make a Pretty Ponytail
Double Dare: The Ponytail Fabric
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...