A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 312,156
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: apron top/hippie clothing sewalong?  (Read 22351 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007 12:13:08 PM »

Great thanks!  I've been measuring the pattern pieces and they don't seem like they will match up.  I may just have to bite the bullet and try a muslin or two.   Grin
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007 10:20:08 AM »

This sounds very intriguing...
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007 12:37:45 PM »

I have made 2 of these tops from the sew simple magazine. The 1st one was from a vintage indian beadspread, and the 2nd one from quilters type cottons. I am a 44 d and the large size was to big.

Your tops are beautiful!

<edited to remove quoted image>
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007 09:20:29 AM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trainee Fairy Godmother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007 02:54:06 PM »

I'd love to see you wear them!

"If God had wanted us to be naturists, we would have been born that way."

Want to know what I am making today?
my website:
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007 03:58:49 PM »

Wow dyabolica  I love your tops! I love all the hippy stuff but in the shops they never fit cos the boob section is always too small so id love to try and make something like this! Are these tops easy to make? Ive just been given an old sewing machine and have never used one before! Also, where did you get your patterns from - i cant fnd them on the website.

Visit my blog at: http://knitwituk.blogspot.com/
I love to do personal swaps Smiley
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007 10:44:46 AM »

Wow dyabolica  I love your tops! I love all the hippy stuff but in the shops they never fit cos the boob section is always too small so id love to try and make something like this! Are these tops easy to make? Ive just been given an old sewing machine and have never used one before! Also, where did you get your patterns from - i cant fnd them on the website.

It looks pretty simple although I still haven't gotten spare time to try one (plus it got cold again, which killed my motivation for making summer clothes LOL!).  The pattern is here: 

You have click on the individual PDFs for each pattern piece (http://www.sewnews.com/sewsimple/pdf/a.pdf through /e.pdf and /strap.pdf). 

The bad thing is that there are no directions (or I haven't found them anyway!) for assembling the top.  If you need directions, I'm sure someone here can help though.   Smiley 

I have the opposite bust issue so I'm not sure what to tell you in that regard...  Maybe ask on the Curvacious Crafters board for suggestions?  I would think you'd want to make sure when you cut the top section of the bodice that it's both wide enough to go around your bust and also high enough to fit the curve of your bust.  That might entail making darts so it looks a little more shapely but that's just a guess on my part.  Like I said, it doesn't seem like all the parts are going to fit evenly but after scrutinizing the photos, I think there's a small flap of fabric on the skirty part that sticks out farther than the busty part. Wink   Again, I'd make sure the skirty part is wide enough to go around your chest/back w/o showing any more skin that you're comfortable with before cutting.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007 08:01:07 AM »

I was thinking about making these pants, which are very hippie.

But I am also really busy and my boyfriend would probably kill me if I started another project  Roll Eyes
I'm a long haired, barefoot, crocheting momma

Professional Pumpkin Sculpter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009 06:36:30 AM »

I see this thread has been dead for quite awhile BUT I thought since spring is coming, I wanted to make some new clothes! I am going to make an apron top and a drawstring skirt.

Apron top instructions:

Drawstring skirt instructions:

I will probably use elastic in my skirt instead of a drawstring.

Anybody want to join me?

I have an etsy store now! - http://flybabytina.etsy.com
Ms. Rosie

Helpz Mommee is a cwazee cat ladee!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009 09:21:20 AM »

Thanks for the links!  I am interested.  I have a project I need to finish for a swap then I want to get started on some summer things.  I am not sure what I will start with.  I have too many ideas...

Ok, so I am the crazy cat lady.  Live with it.
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009 06:44:58 PM »

I'm also wanting to res this thread. I'm getting my casual and dressy clothes supplies ready. Apron tops and flowy pants for home and outside and festivals.

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hollywood Beauty Secrets Availabe at Your Drugstore
Skincare for Your Wedding Day
Makeup for a Winter Wedding
Wedding Day Handbag Essentials
The Most Beautiful Women in the World Share Their Beauty Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Plumeria Flowers
Ghosts and Graveyards
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...