A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 2006 Birthday Month Swap Gallery  (Read 22982 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

llenray
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2006 03:02:23 PM »

they may be bad quality, but here are some pictures from my birthday packages!!

this is the bag mint sent me. I love it! it's nice and long and fits everything nicely.

that's a close-up of one of the patches.. they're all different and AWESOME. there's a surprise one on the back, too! I loooove it. it's so fun and cheery. just the way to carry my books to class.

now for alibeachgrl's present!

jim henson magnets!!
I LOVE them. they're so fun and they're all on my fridge as we speak. I took some close ups of them all..

the bigger ones are laminated with magnets on the back and the smaller ones are in beer bottle caps! I could be wrong, but I think each cap is from a different kind of beer. let's check. only one repeat. but hey, they're on a fridge currently filled with beer (I just turned 21, what do you expect?!  Grin Tongue)

and then my favorite two are saved for last.. .

these are AWESOME. thank you to both mint and alibeachgrl!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/llenray
hey, a girl can dream, right?
llenray
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2006 03:04:24 PM »

weird!  yeah they were in the box along with all the other amazing stuff.
 Huh

lol

ok yeah I'm in the twilight zone with you.

So I guess you don't know what the patch means then either?

the box was long and had information about a lamp on it, right? that's so random. I had never seen those patches before and the body wash, haha

I mean, yeah, all part of the plan. happy birthday!  Cheesy  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/llenray
hey, a girl can dream, right?
ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2006 03:15:28 PM »

oooh, I love your shrinky dink alwaysinmyroom! I was pretty proud of my first one I did too!  I love how you put the keychain together too, with 3 different ways to put it on things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2006 05:20:20 PM »

Those patches on that bag are adorable!  And the Muppet magnets are super cute!  I am very curious about about the super secret surprise sent to AliBeachGrl.  I wonder how that happened!  Strange!  Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2006 06:25:10 PM »

love the colorful rainbow patches on the bag, mint!! very nice way to carry books or groceries or yarn or...anything really!

alibeachgirl--your magnets are so cute--ha ha--beer cap magnets--did you plan that for llenray's 21st or was it a coincidence?

BTW--hope you had a fun 21st birthday llenray!! You are now an "official" (well, legal) partyer!!! ha ha

Oh oh--almost forgot--did someone mix up two swap packages?  Are we ever going to know what those patches stand for? ha ha
Confess, people!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006 06:26:48 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AliBeachGrl
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2006 06:56:39 PM »

Its soo weird.  It was all in the same box.  Makes me wonder!    Crazy stuff always seems to happen to me.

As for the beer caps for the 21st... well I just used them because I had them, but it was pretty cool that it was a 21st birthday!  Welcome to the club....I'm sure you will accumulate several caps yourself!  Just remember, water is ALWAYS your best bud after a night of collecting caps!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2006 07:17:25 PM »

At least it was good stuff, ha ha!! kinda spooky...And, great advice to llenray... ha ha

My rule is to drink two glasses of water and two Ibuprophen before going to bed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

green.turtle
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2006 05:49:35 AM »

Well llenray I found a lovely package in my mailbox tonight!  From you!  With all sortsa cool stuff...

Some yummy smelling lotion & body wash, some purple rubber bands, paper clips, toothbrush, big ole sharpie (you can always use a sharpie!), some postits, & pack of paper from her school which is purple!  A couple of patches (air force? army? I'll have to check out what that one means...any hints?) & the part that really was perfect timing since it had just started raining... a purple umbrella!! Just when I was thinking on the way home that at my "adult" age I should own responsible things like umbrellas.  Its from her college, Elmira.  Very cool.

You did way too much.  I'm spoiled rotten.

Wowzah I LOVE Craftster!!!

THANK YOU LLENRAY!!!

by the way, I messed up & didn't snap any shots of the magnets before I mailed them.  Hope you like 'em anyway.

ohmygodddd! wowww!!!! i LOVE bath & body works stuff!!! sharpies! post-its! wowww!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*green.turtle <3*
Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2006 07:31:01 AM »

I have an possible explanation for the mysterious items llenray sent to AliBeachGrl:

Is it possible, llernay, that someone sent you swap items in that same box and you missed taking everything out before using the box to send your items to AliBeachGrl ? ? ?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2006 07:47:49 AM »

ha ha ha--sounds like something I would do!!  I re-used a small padded envelope one time and had not seen the card that my swap partner had enclosed to me!!  When my other swap partner got it, she was totally confused as to who had sent it and the items in the envelope did not match what was said in the card...she was not sure who to thank, who sent what, etc.  It was totally confusing...

So, sometimes, if you get something weird, chalk it up to ADD or just a frazzled day!! ha ha

Man--that was really nice lotion, though...I think llenray would have noticed--maybe a roomate is playing a joke--argh--don't you love a mystery?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Standup Comedian Advances a Career
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder in Comedy
What Do Entrepreneurs and Standup Comedians Have in Common
Finding Joy Performing Standup Comedy
Matt Ruby on How Note Taking Helps Comedian Generate New Material
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...