A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: thrift stores in chicago?  (Read 10613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coffeefixx
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005 10:19:48 PM »

im am on a never-ending quest to find good thrift stores!
i found this list of thrifts, but i've never heard of these stores before. has anyone around heard of them and how are they? thanks in advance

http://www.abstractpublishing.com/resale/northchicago.html

« Last Edit: February 18, 2005 05:19:59 PM by coffeefixx » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stajdaml
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005 03:19:26 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=11910.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april fool
-handmade bags and accessories-
http://www.iloveaprilfool.com
coffeefixx
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005 05:20:22 PM »

sorry about that. i forgot to put on the link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
songinthekeyofz
i have a feeling we might have something in common

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005 08:28:45 PM »

i don't know if you still haven't checked out these stores yet, but i have a few suggestions. unique on sherdian is really good, at least it was the last few times i was there. i almost always find something at brown elephant. also village discount outlet is awesome, it's off the western blue line on milwaukee. hollywood mirror, beatnix, ragstock, and una mae's are all vintage resale so it's more expensive (especially hollywood mirror) i would recomend una mae's out of all of those choices because they also sell things made by local crafters too. hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohmygoth

if you are what you eat,call yourself delicious

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005 08:16:26 AM »

...some good thrift stores: Ragstock- this store is near Belmont and Clark...you have to kinda go down an alley and into a door and up the stairs to find it. but its worth it. they have amazing dresses from the 1950's up until now. Hollywood Mirror is on Belmont and Clark too. in the back of the store they have amazing finds. actually, if you find Hollywood Mirror, Ragstock is right around the corner(youll see the alley you have to walk down)....Belmont has all the best stores!!! theres this store, its either called funky monkey or something with the word monkey in it...check this store out because they have millions of graphics you can put on any type of t shirt and they do it for you and its cheap. also, theres A HUGE salvation army store. its right next to the belmont "el" stop. but the first floor is all trendy stuff...go to the THIRD FLOOR. they have AMAZING SKIRTS AND SHIRTS AND EVERYTHING. i hope i could help you out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cutiecooties
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005 03:08:41 PM »

The Unique Thrift Stores are by far the best thrift stores in Chicago.  I have been to the locations on Sheridan, Elston, and Western - and have never been let down.  Monday is half price day, and everything is half off.  Make sure to get there EARLY, or the shelves will be horribly picked over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

undecimindy
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005 07:36:45 PM »

yeah i love unique. my favorite one is the one off the 35/archer orange line stop. where is the one on western? i live on western, i must find it!!! heh.

also if you get off the western blue line stop and walk north on milwaukee you will run into a village discount outlet and american family thrift plus lots of pretty good dollar stores. the vdo is pretty big but cramped and crowded and makes me nose itch. the american family thrift is organized better and has nicer stuff i think but is a little more expensive, but worth it if you don't feel like being crammed in between aisles of smelly clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lili
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005 08:41:02 AM »

...some good thrift stores: Ragstock- this store is near Belmont and Clark...you have to kinda go down an alley and into a door and up the stairs to find it. but its worth it. they have amazing dresses from the 1950's up until now. Hollywood Mirror is on Belmont and Clark too. in the back of the store they have amazing finds. actually, if you find Hollywood Mirror, Ragstock is right around the corner(youll see the alley you have to walk down)....Belmont has all the best stores!!! theres this store, its either called funky monkey or something with the word monkey in it...check this store out because they have millions of graphics you can put on any type of t shirt and they do it for you and its cheap. also, theres A HUGE salvation army store. its right next to the belmont "el" stop. but the first floor is all trendy stuff...go to the THIRD FLOOR. they have AMAZING SKIRTS AND SHIRTS AND EVERYTHING. i hope i could help you out.

the store right off the redline belmont stop is belmont army surplus, not a salvation army. on the third floor they have a bunch of army stuff and also a vintage area. they have a bunch of tshirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005 06:11:17 PM »

The Western Unique is on the 7500 N block.  I was just there today! (and one other time last week!)  It's very nice and a lot cleaner than the Sheridan store (but smaller)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hrhacissej
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005 06:43:22 AM »

There's a great resale shop in Oak Park called The Economy Shop.  Check out their website www.economyshop.org for dates and times of their sales.  They are 99% volunteer run and the proceeds of the sales go to local charities.  You can take the Green Line to OP and get off at the Oak Park Avenue stop.  It is a 1/2 block walk from there.

While there you can check out a great yarn store called Tangled Web.  Also on the same block is a resale women's clothing store and a used record/CD store.

If you've got the time, there is a free shuttle in Oak Park that can take you to the Brown Elephant (resale) on Harrison St...the arts district of OP.  Also on Harrison is Bead in Hand, a great bead store.

The fun never ends in Oak Park!

P.S.  I have no ties to any of these businesses...I just really like Oak Park and think it has a lot to offer!  www.visitoakpark.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Drunken Caramel Apples, a Candied Bourbon Halloween Treat!
How to Make Flourless Peanut Butter Bites in 40 Seconds
Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
How to Make Bat Cupcakes
How to Make Mickey Mouse Dipped Apples
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...