A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Sweater of Many Buttons" Knitalong!  (Read 58802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zknits
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2007 11:50:10 AM »

if you place the marker where it says to and do the increases, you're not actually increasing your button band...you're adding stitches beside it...try it for a couple of rows and you'll see what i mean...the button band doesn't move, but additional stitches appear to the side of the button band...
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2007 08:46:39 PM »

if you place the marker where it says to and do the increases, you're not actually increasing your button band...you're adding stitches beside it...try it for a couple of rows and you'll see what i mean...the button band doesn't move, but additional stitches appear to the side of the button band...
z

That's what I did, I knew it would move away from the button band...just seemed weird.

I'm 1 ball of Panache in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2007 04:08:14 AM »

I somehow managed to finish this sweater recently, and though it is kind of big, it's very comfortable and looks nice enough that it's not worth it to frog it, and I'm much too lazy to unravel & re-knit anyway. I hope to have pics to post next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2007 11:45:46 PM »

I just took mine off the needles and onto scrap to test it tonight and it fits like a GLOVE right now, I am so happy. That never happens! I'm 5 buttons in, just under my rack and about to do some shaping. I am so in love. This Panache is SOOOOOO great on the skin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2008 08:20:36 PM »

I just realized I never posted my FO!!

My big advice for this sweater...don't use heavy metal buttons! My buttons (as awesome as they are) weight the sweater down big time.

It's a shame Knit Pick discontinued this yarn because it's sooooo soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunatic84
« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2008 02:28:13 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this or not, but I thought that I would throw this question out there.  Did anyone use Bernat Satin?  I am interested in making this sweater in this yarn and was wondering how many skeins that you used.  I read through this whole post and noticed that someone used the guage of 15sts per 4", and this yarn will give me the same on 6mm circs.  I am just wondering how many skeins I should buy when I go out tomorrow night to get it.  With the yarn that the designer used, she only used 495 yards, that would be just over 3 skeins of Satin.  Ok, enough rambling! haha I hope someone can help, I'm so excited to make my first sweater!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2008 07:17:42 PM »

I have to get around to posting mine too. I'm not that happy with it, it's kinda saggy and it stretched alot after wearing it a few times. That's what you get for using cheap yarn I guess. I used patons shetland chunky. Undecided
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008 07:23:28 PM by the noodle princess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2008 08:33:21 AM »

I have to get around to posting mine too. I'm not that happy with it, it's kinda saggy and it stretched alot after wearing it a few times. That's what you get for using cheap yarn I guess. I used patons shetland chunky. Undecided

I used not cheap yarn and mine is the same way. I think for anyone into knitting this, the best advice to heed is this: Make it smaller than you think you should.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2008 07:23:31 PM »

Totally!I also have slouch, but mine is acrylic... so I can't even wash or felt it to get it back in a bit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.b logspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
daizyduke
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2008 06:07:58 PM »

Has anyone tried a seed stitch version? I really like this sweater http://www.berroco.com/276.281/281/281_crotona_pv.html
They look almost identical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Buttermilk Corn Bread
Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Meatloaf
New Orleans Style Red Beans and Rice
New Orleans Style Stuffed Bell Peppers
Surf and Turf
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...