A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
819 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC 4 Reveal  (Read 21067 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2006 07:32:31 AM »

jeez, that's quite a billboard! Shocked

haha!!  I'm so glad you like everything!!!  Did you gobble up the chocolate right out of the package?  I had to wrap them up before I ate them myself! heehee.... Grin

Yeyyyy!!!  I had so much fun making everything, and my hubby's demanding that I make some pillows like the ones I made you, to go with the gorgeous pillows that Gomerriffic gave me! Smiley

I'm so sad that this is over! Cry  I had such a fantastic time!  Thanks for organising, lasandri!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2006 07:41:10 AM »

Bubba*tink! you rock the free world!!! Such awesome stuff!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
avsceriline
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2006 07:53:12 AM »

Did you gobble up the chocolate right out of the package?  I had to wrap them up before I ate them myself! heehee.... Grin

OMG! I *did* already eat it, that's why I forgot to mention it, lol...How embarassing!

Included with my stationery was a Toffe Crisp bar and a Mint Areo bar (I LOVE AREO BARS), and they have already been devoured!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2006 11:07:42 AM »

Wow what awesome packages! Great stationary ! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
cybilverbeana

mmm...lipstick....mom's good lipstick....

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2006 11:17:42 AM »

I thought I recognized the bubba tink wallet, but couldn't tell for sure....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist list!
http://www.wists.com/cybilverbeana

willing to do personal atc swaps! PM me if interested....
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2006 05:22:16 AM »

Okay - here's the funny story - yesterday after lunch I saw the mailperson at the  road - and I ran out really fast?  Am I psychic?  Well, that is beside the point - I have been known to know things - but no, it wasn't for the foc swap - I was actually posting out 2 packages and wanted to make sure it was okay that I left them sitting on top of the box...
So I see this package wrapped in brown paper - and I am looking at it lovingly - then she drives away.  Not for me, right?  So we head off to the fair and went about our day..

I get home - and there on my bed magickally appeared are 2 packages - not just 1 but 2!  So I am thinking I hit the jackpot - okay, then I see where they are from - one is from Vermont - no Craftster stuff in there - just some purse handles that I am having to use for my next paid project (She forgot to send me a set so I need to email her on Monday..... ) anyway - funny thing?

There was that brown paper wrapped package that I was covetting so badly when I was talking to the postal lady!

AND it had come across the water...

A bit of a recap here...

First mysterious package to arrive had in it 2 awesome drawstring overnight bags - that my kids have already used 2 times!

And here is Mr Excitement watching tv, snuggled up with his drawing board(his favorite toy of all time I think) and using it as a blanket. I  dont' think I posted this pic before because he has such a weird look on his face..

Then another package arrived... with even more goodies in it..

a whole set of placemats in a great color for me!!! (creepy isn't it?  I would have totally picked out that fabric!)

And the really cute picture of Buster wanting to claim them as his own person pet bed - but they were confiscated here by me - just call me Customs, wanting them for myself....

Then when you thought it was safe to go to the mailbox.. ANOTHER package arrives!

And those tissues are almost completely gone by the way - some of you may or may not know but I had a really horrible sinus infection and this box of tissues arrived when I needed them the most (I hit the blood blowing stage at an alarmingly fast rate - yeah, I was suffering something fierce.  I am feeling much better now - a week ago today I got a steroid shot in the butt and have been taking antibiotics ever since - I am not so snotty anymore!)

Creepy, isn't it?  As if this person - who apparantly is living across the ocean from me - KNEW I really needed a much better way of tissues in the car - I had been using those little purse packs and they were cheap Walmart tissues so they were dusty and weird...

Okay..
So that package that I wanted so badly that the postal worker apparantly put in my box after I walked away from her?
Another weird and creepy but incredibly cool surprise..

Purse handles!  How did she know that yesterday was the day for purse handles?  Did she confer with my employer to see when they would be mailing out the ones I need for work?

Really cool fabric too - This girl loves plaid.  I dont' know what it is about plaid but I just love it.  I miss my kilts.  I gave them to my undeserving niece thinking that she was cool enough to wear them - she dresses like a little punk rocker - apparantly she doens't know that punk and kilts go hand in hand.  I can't fit my fattened tushy up to wear them anymore... so pass them along to someone who I thought would appreciate them.. nope.  I think she tossed them already.

Okay... also was a cool card... an Erte with a greyhound... Symphony in Black to be exact...

Want to know the really creepy part?Huh

Yes, that SAME picture is in my living room..

Coincidence?  I think not!  I think this person has been watching me.. and watching me close - has the worlds strongest telescope on her balcony and has somehow figured out how to refract off the moon or a satellite and has it focused clearly on my house - then has figured out how to see through brick!

I think it is so cool that my secret foc partner has known me so well - and sent me things that were practical for me and my family - and amazingly enough got them to me when I needed it all the most!

My foc partner was - is - awesome - and I loved everything I have gotten

and a note to my foc - she sent me that nice fabric and had a note with it saying that it was an easy fabric to work with since I am getting to know my sewing machine - I wish someone told me that BEFORE I started on bhean's ows14 project!  Too late - I worked through the difficult fabric and am doing great!

Oh, I guess you guys want to know who my foc partner is, don't you?

It is the uberamazing, talented and super cool

Rosali

And she is totally fantastic!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006 05:24:03 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2006 05:48:10 AM »

Ooh Deb that IS really weird Shocked I love that image though, very cool you do too!  It was great fun being your partner and I'm uberglad you found everything useful Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2006 06:02:35 AM »

Yeah, Collin has been eyeing my photo album so I might need to pass it along to him - I am a softie - and he did just run out of space in his little photo book.

Today is Collin's birthday - We are going to Grandma/pa's house  for lunch and ice cream cake filled festivities. 
I was so tired last night from the fair - oh my god it was horrendously hot and humid! - I didn't get to post up pics last night like I wanted to...

Even funnier - you know I don't get packages unless I am not home - and that postal worker must have waited for me to pull out of the driveway to put those packages in the box!

I did love this swap - and I don't say this often - I would do this swap again.  I loved it.  It was so much fun!

Thank you again for being my partner - and taking such awesome care of me!  I know I can come across as a bit persnickety - I might even be a difficult person to craft for but I did just adore this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
avsceriline
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2006 06:44:07 AM »

Great stuff, rosali!

The placemats especially are lovely.

Where'd ya get those long wood purse handles? I am coveting them big time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2006 08:10:34 AM »

Thanks avsceriline! The long handles are recycled - I found a vintage green purse in a charity shop, cut the fabric off for my quilt and sent Deb the handles! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jayne Amelia Larson on Driving the Saudis
Michael Feinstein Shares Memories of the Gershwins
Rachael Ray Talks About Her New Book, My Year in Meals
R.L. Stine Shares Discusses the Main Ingredients for a Horror Novel
Author Teddy Wayne Presents His Own Book
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...