A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ** CLOSED** Unconditional September Swap 2006  (Read 5717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ezri_B
« on: September 05, 2006 02:22:07 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND DETAILS!

Swap name: Unconditional September Swap 2006
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Ezri_B & zenochka
(Organizers Change Every Month)
Sign-up date range: September 5 - September 27
Date to send item by:Within 2 weeks of picking a person/item

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO
If so, which country? No

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, under 18 be sure you have parents permission, and you have a RELIABLE way to the post office

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO YES

For those of you who joined this swap in August:
Feel free to post any 3 wishes you please (AFTER you've been APPROVED) , they do not have to be the same as last month!

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in August. I am a new organizer, and I don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you post your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist (new OR old) and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

Details of swap:
-- Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!

-- Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)

-- Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.

-- The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except a thank you. That is why it's called an unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.

-- Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change.

-- Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.

-- When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

-- Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.

-- The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (every month).

-- As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them their stuff within 2 weeks.

-- If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.

I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt. And - Please DO NOT write your original post in any other color but black. This will make it easier to sort through.

-- All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

-- All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap, including Newbies.

-- Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

-- When you PM me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

I will continue the trend of posting who has chosen who.

Please DO NOT post your lists until AFTER I've told you you're in.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly (green for one wish, red for two-three wishes fulfilled). If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
___________________ ___________________ _________________
Name of swap: Unconditional Swap September
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Do you understand the way this swap works?

Please remember to wait for me to okay you before you post your list

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE
green means 1 wish picked
red means 2 wishes picked
purple is how many wishes they're fulfilling
please make sure you change the colour of your posts once picked.

Ezri_B (2)
Dontlookback(1)
artistic_lunacy
IMIS (1)
MinusXl3lindfold (1)
Tanza
Thumbkin (1)
Simplyfussfree (1)
Crystalfairy (1)(1)
Starlawill (2) (1)
Zenochka (1) (1)
jenefor(1)  (1)
ashestoashes (1)
_chittybangbang(1)
roxybadoxy (1) (2)
gyouko (1)
veludo (1)
enchanted_wool (1)
ecrameri
suzeeannie
Tara1979
riario (2) (1)
Lol Stein (1)
A Tragic Disco
kristen219 (1) (3)
orange_sunset
stellato_escuro(1)
Snowflake
Happychick (1)
KatJones (1)
ZombieFlesh(1)
elephantcrazy
Ambo
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006 11:11:45 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006 02:23:00 PM »

Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121650.0

Shipping Dates
purple sent and recieved
blue sent
red means contact me ASAP

Send By

September 19
Orange_Sunset wistlist 1.5" squares to Ezri_B

September 20
starlawill wistlist item to crystalfairy
Thumbkin totebag to Ezri_B

September 21
zenochka yarn to jenefor
roxybadoxy wist item for IMIS

September 24
jenefor hair bows and makeup to minusXl3lindfold
enchanted_wool fiber to _chittybangbang
crystalfairy wist item for starlawill

September 28
kristen219 satiny ribbons to zenochka
kristen219 origami paper to roxybadoxy
kristen219 shrinky dink pendant & 1" buttons to gyouko

September 29
roxybadoxy beads/jewelry stuff to kristen 219
veludo a knitted scarf to riario
TheDishclothQueen an apron to ashestoashes

September 30
A Tragic Disco grocery tote jacqui  angel package to riario
rosali uk goodies to Lol Stein

October 3
Tara1979 wists items to stellato_escuro

October 5
Riario fabric to dontlookback
ZombieFlesh scarf to simplyfussfree

October 6
KatJones artquilt objects to starlawil
HappyChick a wists surprise and stationary to veludo

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006 10:20:44 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006 02:40:33 PM »

Hi, I'm Tab from Wisconsin USA

My wishes are;

1. Surprise from my wists (link is in signature) Thank you Orange_Sunset!!

2.Knucks http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html I love the purple Harm none ones with the purple and the branches. It wouldn't have to say anything either. But they are gorgeous! Or just make some up for me, and I can decorate them later.

3. A totebag (preferably with a zipper) I just started teaching preschool this year, and I ride my bike/walk to work everyday. I have lots of  papers to bring to and from work, so I could use a fun tote bag to keep my papers and books safe. Thanks Thumbkin

I'm a 28 year old, mom to 3 boys. I just started teaching preschool. I love crocheting and I'm trying to get better at sewing. I love the medivel type style, I also like classic looking things, such as handwriting, celtic knots, coat of arms, and I also LOVE faeries. My favorite colors change all the time. But I like grey and soft purple together, I also like fall colors. But I guess if I was just picking colors for favorites it would be soft purple, grey, and black.... however, as long as it doesn't scream brightly I'll like it! If you have any questions at all feel free to pm me!

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 05:38:22 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IMIS
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006 03:56:08 PM »

Hi! My name is Simi, and I'm from Brooklyn, NY, USA! Here goes my list!!

Wish #1: Something from your state or country, A souvenir type thing, with the name of your state or country on the item/ something that is a famous icon of your state or country. NO FOOD OR CANDY PLEASE!  Smiley

Wish #2: Something crocheted or knitted.

Wish #3: Something from my wists/A surprise!!  Thank you so much roxybadoxy!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who takes a peek, and thanks to the person who chooses me!!! Now here is a little about me!

I am a 16 year old(17 in October) who is graduating this year...hooray! I love baking. I hope to be a pastry chef when I get older. I also love animals, art, and I am a vegetarian. I have a pet bird, a cockatiel to be exact. I also have a beautiful beta(or siamese fighting fish). I like turquoise, blues, and pinks. I also enjoy vintage stuff! And of course, i LOVE crafting!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006 05:48:31 PM by IMIS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
dontlookback
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006 03:59:06 PM »

Hi, I'm Christina and I'm from NY.

My wishes:

- Fabric. At least 1/2 yd. You can look at my wists for examples of what I like  Cheesy But generally any cotton/ home decor fabric that looks modern would be much appreciated!

- A L pink tshirt for my boyfriend that says: My girlfriend went to New Hampshire and all I got was this shirt.

- A kit to motivate me to be more healthy and a kit to cheer me up since I'm stuck in a long-distance relationship.

About me: I'm 22 and I'm going for my masters in early education. I work at a daycare center in a classroom filled with four year olds. I love to knit [beginner], crochet, cook, and sew. I want to broaden my crafting horizons though so I want to learn some new things. I love dark gem-like colors, especially blues, plums, and reds.  I'm a simple girly-girl. I think this picture best sums up my style: http://static.flickr.com/31/63660763_ae87a69fec.jpg?v=0

Thank you for reading my list      Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i just want a moment to be real

Etsy Shop
http://dontlookback.etsy.com

Wists:
http://www.wists.com/dontlookback
starlawill
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006 07:13:43 AM »

hello all! my name is starla. i live in nyc. i love making art quilts/wallhangings. also love atc's. i find trees and leaves very inspiring. i would love love love love:

1. anything from my wist. - thank you crystalfairy!
2. a beaded art doll kit
3. any items (handmade, store bought, found objects..etc) that i could work into my art quilts. i love seeing other people's views on this. i find it very inspiring and challenging. - thank you katjones!

thanks so much for looking!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006 09:59:34 AM by starlawill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystalfairy
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006 07:56:26 AM »

Hi everyong. Im in Ohio, USA. I love art and spend more time drawing/painting more than actual crafting. I don't have my ears pierced. I like blues, pinks, dark purples, moss greens and basically all other colors.

1. yarn - i'm learning to knit XD

2. knitting supplies (yarn needles, books, etc.)

3. anything from/inspired by my wist - my wist is random and has some non-crafty items.....sorry for the time it takes to browse through it
thank you starlawill

thanks for looking ^_________^
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 03:50:06 PM by crystalfairy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006 08:19:44 AM »

Hi! I'm Cheryl from NJ!

1. A knitted Harry Potter scarf in Gryffindor colors, I would so love you forever! I can't knit!

2. satiny feeling ribbons to make my daughter a taggie blanket- light greens, pinks, purples, light blue or girly colors are good Thank you kristen219!

3. anything autumn themed to decorate my house

About me: I'm 27, SAHM to 3 kids and very happy the summer is over! I can sew and do almost anything Except knit or crochet! I've tried, it just doesn't work for me lol! anything else you'd like to know pm me! Thanks in advance if you choose me!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 01:10:30 PM by zenochka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
thumbkin
manic butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006 11:45:09 AM »

Hi! I'm Jennifer from NC Smiley
I love sewing and fiber related crafts,and dabble in a lot of crafty things!

things I'd like:

coffee mug -preferably hand painted in bright colors
hand made,cold process soap
hand made bath products (lotion,bath melts,etc...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006 12:55:16 PM »

Hi Smiley I'm Jennifer from MA. Here's my list:

-full apron, perhaps with a pocket near the bottom?
-thanks TheDishclothQueen!

-resin or enamel bracelet or necklace

-stenciled tee or hoodie (size L)

I'm 29. I do lots of crafts, including knitting, cross stitch, sewing, making felt stuffies, painting, and  beadwork. I'm going to school for surgical technology, and like biology and anatomy themed stuff, as well as koi fish, dia de los muertos, skulls, frogs, autumn leaves, phoenixes,and black cats. I love music too, a couple of my favorite artists are David Bowie, Tori Amos, and the Dresden Dolls. Any of those themes would be awesome on the items I listed above.

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2006 09:26:01 AM by ashestoashes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design Like an Architect
How to be an Architect - Part 6
How to Be an Architect Part 1
How to Be an Architect Part 2
How to be an Architect - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...