A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: non cheesy baby shower  (Read 444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadalicious
« on: September 06, 2006 11:05:21 AM »

I'm planning a baby shower for a friend who is due in February.  We're planning on early to mid december for the shower because, as the mom to be puts it, she doesn't want "to be as big as a house".

I'm seriously tired with all the cutsie baby shower games and such and I'd like to find ideas for something non-cheesy.  I was thinking of hiring a maseause to give 5 minute hand or foot massages for free to the guests and if they wanted additional time, they could "buy" it.

Any other ideas?  Themes?  I can't get the guests to dress up.  A tea party might be a good idea but we're a bit wilder than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Satanic cornflakes

Hallo darling !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006 11:13:37 AM »

You could have a wild tea party !

Cute little cakes and tiny cups of tea laced with vodka and all that ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
godzilla

get back -on track

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006 11:40:01 AM »

Haha, baby showers used to scare me a bit when I was little, my family had some funny traditional games they always played at showers. The ones I can remember :
-- this one where you take an Orange and put it into a Nylon. It's going to stretch the nylon out a bit, but then you hold the top of the nylon at your belt/waist and swing your pelvis (to swing the orange) and hit a tennis ball. Tape a start and finish line, and hit the ball. It's bound to make everyone laugh.
-- another one was just a game of Memory. Take a tray and fill it with odd things, a bottle of nailpolish, a toothpick, a barbie shoe, a stick, a red pen, a black pen.. just fill it with stuff. Give everyone a notepad and tell them how many items are on the tray. Walk around with the tray and pause for a second in front of each person, then leave. Once you leave, let them write down notes to remember or whatever. Take a few things off the tray or even rearrange a couple things. Go back and walk around to everyone and have them write down what they notice to be missing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cucumber Raita Recipe
How to Make Vegetable Biryani
Homemade Won Ton Dumplings
How to Cook Sauteed Ginger Shrimp
How to Make Your Own Dumplings
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...