A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,216
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small "hanger" X-Stitch Kits  (Read 579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubbledragon
« on: September 04, 2006 08:21:06 AM »

So I normally don't do XStitch.  Not sure why, because I loved it in middle school.  But I found these really cute teeny tiny kits at Joanns with Halloween and Autumnal themes on them - ghosts and cats and skulls.  Now there's my style.  So I picked up one of each - they were only a little over a dollar, and had everything in them except for scissors.  I figured it'd be a good backpack project for between classes, since they're only about 3x4 inches.

But they included these cheesy-ass "hangers" that you're supposed to use to display the finished piece.  Not my style.  So what would you do with about 8 or so 3x4 swatches of aida with Halloween themes on them?  Little pillows?  Frame 'em in tiny frames and hang 'em?  (Actually... not a bad idea... I've got a slew of Ikea "Clips" frames I bet I could use, and put some nice Halloween scrapbook paper behind 'em!)  Do I really need EIGHT throw pillows for Halloween?  Maybe cards or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006 09:35:11 AM »

since they're 3"x4" you could sew 2 groups of 4 together and make 2  roughly 9" x 12" pillows or even one that has a front and back. or you could take a long piece of fabric and applique then in a row vertically (much like a table runner) and hang it on your door. or you could do the 9" x 12" idea and make in into a purse / trick-or-treat bag. that's all i can think of for now. but i do like the framing and card idea too. oh and please do try and post a picture of whatever you decide to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
craftysarahsaurus
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006 11:09:53 AM »

I think that cards would be a great idea since there are so many x-stitch kits out there already that let you make a card.  The only problem with those, in my opinion, is that the actual paper cards usually have some tacky design on them.  At least with what you have you could make up your own card.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubbledragon
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006 07:35:00 PM »

By the way, here are very similar kits at Herschnerrs.  I don't have that spider... and some of mine are slightly different, but you get the idea.  http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-174300__id-622.html

*grin*  I've finished 2 now, and just love these things - they're perfectly portable!  I've decided to make a 3x3 square pillow case, with a "plain" halloween fabric on the reverse.  It'll be nice.

I never thought I'd be a cross-stitch junkie, but this I can keep in a teeny pouch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn a Crocheted Slip Stitch
How to Make Cozy Crochet Mittens
Homemade Hen Party Crackers
How to Personalize Holiday Gifts
How to Host a Caroling Party
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...