A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jean leg bag: dorky but useable, now w/tute! (9/18)  (Read 4995 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006 07:21:46 PM »

that is so lovely..tutorial please?

Sure! For Morbid, and anyone else interested, welcome to Deana's school of lame tutorials.  Roll Eyes

First the erasable whiteboard:

Now the textbook. Class, open to page one.  Smiley
1. Cut 12", or whatever height for bag sides, each leg. You will want to keep the bottom seam. Cut the remaining inseam from each leg to be used later.

2. Cut the inseam off 2 and sew loose ends together. Two should fit inside one. This part is optional... using the inner liner of denim makes for a little bit stronger bag..

3. Sew one and two together right under the inseams. One seam is the top; other, the bottom. Add pockets or other embellishments for the bag's outside now. This is all optional...

4.Sew in the finished divider, folding over and sewing to the sides. An example divider is shown in my first message.

5. Make a bottom by tracing around the bottom seam on some scrap denim. You want the bottom larger than the bag. I added a piece of 5/32" scrap plywood cut to fit the oval of the bag. Cardboard will work as well. Put this inside the bag before adding the bottom denim. Fold the ends up of the bottom and sew around the bottom just above the bottom leg seam near where you earlier sewed the inside and outside together in step two. I sewed around it twice for strength.

6. Straps. Several ways to finish this. If you have several pairs of jeans to be reconn-ed, long straps can be made by cutting the entire inseam of two pairs of jeans. I used shorter straps made from what was cut in step one. OR, make straps of your own design.

Notes: You will need a strong needle. I used a canvas repair needle by Dritz bought in a pack from Hobby Lobby. I put in the piece about 'saving for future miniskirt'... Don't use just the top of the jeans unless you WANT too much attention... Shocked Shocked Shocked The rest of the denim from the legs will make some nice ruffle or pleated trim and a 16" matching mini.... Wink

Do you all like my little needles with blue thread and little scissors? I was just trying to be different....  Tongue

Further, does any of this drabble make sense? I'll anwer any questions because I know I'm a novice at toots. Yes, I know the 1st grade level art is lame...

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006 10:18:38 PM »

YAY! thanks so much ill try it as soon as i can :].

my wist: http://www.wists.com/asylumchild
will do personal trades. :]
my etsy!: www.Toriscreation.etsy.com
please check it out.. thank you.
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006 06:28:50 AM »

unquestionably C-U-T-E!!!!
gonna make myself some for sure!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Craft Flying Bird
How to Make Your Own Valentine Cards
How to use etching powder on glass items
The Benefits of Knitting
How to Do Block Printing
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...