A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 316,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flower Hammocks  (Read 19071 times)
Tags for this thread: holiday_gifts_for_pets  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chubby Pixie
« on: September 03, 2006 07:45:57 AM »

So I've posted these on the guinea pig forum I'm on (Cavy Cages) a while ago but I figured I'd post them on here too.  Maybe they'll give someone some ideas.

The hammock lying flat.

Here is Pixie the guinea pig trying it out. 

This is their cage I made for them.  I made the hammock to match the fleece bedding they have.   It's supposed to be girly.

I want to make one for, Cosmo, my boy guinea pig too but I haven't thought of a theme for his cage yet (he's on his own till he gets neutered).  Any ideas?  I was thinking of a biker or camoflage theme.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
danfreek22
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006 07:51:20 AM »

that is the cutest thing ever! how did you think of that? i think a camo theme would be really cute in the boy guinea pigs cage or you could also do dinosaurs or like cars and trucks or sports and have like a soccer ball hammock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edward_victor
Eveything is clearer when you are in love- Lennon

OSU!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006 07:54:29 AM »

that is just awesome. You mind giving me some tips as to how do I make something as clean and organized for my guinea pets? My Chichi is just a mess of newspaper & seeds in a cage, I totally feel bad about that but Im not a very organized guy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join Foreign Exchange Swap 2
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144317.0

"Mind is the master of the senses, and the breath is the master of the mind" Hatha Yoga Pradipika IV:29
Mosquito
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006 07:57:24 AM »

That's terrific! what a great idea! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chubby Pixie
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006 08:14:15 AM »

Thanks everybody!

edward_victor if you go to this site: http://www.guineapigcages.com/index.htm you'll find all the info you'll need to make a cage.  They are really inexpensive and guinea pigs love them.  My pigs run, jump and play now, before they just sat there looking bored.  Plus its really fun to make them and accessories to match. 

I guess I should have mentioned that the idea for how to make the cage isn't my idea it's just my design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edward_victor
Eveything is clearer when you are in love- Lennon

OSU!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006 08:28:50 AM »

Hey thanks! That is really a great idea. But where did you get the inspiration for the hammock? Do they really like that , I didnt know that! Shocked Nayaway thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join Foreign Exchange Swap 2
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144317.0

"Mind is the master of the senses, and the breath is the master of the mind" Hatha Yoga Pradipika IV:29
Chubby Pixie
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006 10:13:56 AM »

I bought a hammock at a petstore for over $20 and it was really ugly colours and a plain shape.  I figured I could sew one for far less and since both my pigs are girls and are named after flowers the idea of a flower hammock came to mind.  My girls love hammocks, not all pigs do though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Natural Starlet

Fashionista at Birth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006 10:15:07 AM »

That is so precious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006 09:39:01 AM »

Oh my gosh my ferrets would love that. For that matter so would my rat... Do they chew on it? I would be concerned they'd chew on it.
Anyways do you think you could share the pattern and proccess you used to make it? Becasue I have a whole level in my ferret cage that needs decorating.... And my tachi would love that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clockworkclover
But, why is the rum gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006 11:50:24 AM »

I am SO making one of these for my ratties. Granted they are BOY rats, but I doubt they would care too awful much. They love hammocks and always could use another one!

I'll post pics of them if/when I make one! (that is if you don't mind that I use your idea of course.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...