A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Chokecherry Silkscreened Cards NOW WITH SHIRT PHOTOS!  (Read 4468 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wearetigers
« on: September 02, 2006 04:37:02 PM »

Hey, I'm new to the boards but I've been checking them out for years. I just started my own silkscreening company WeAreTigers (http://www.wearetigers.etsy.com) about six months ago and I've been having a really good time doing it (especially at the first annual Detroit Urban Craft Fair!). Anyway, I thought I'd get around to posting: here's one of my cards and a question. Do you think the pattern would look good blown up about six inches across on a sleeveless shirt? I'm wondering....

Here's a close-up of the print. I really like the screen, but I don't know if it would translate well on clothing. Thoughts?

I'd love to hear some of the terribly crafty people's comments and criticisms.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006 12:09:06 PM by wearetigers » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohgastonmyhero
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006 04:43:37 PM »

I think the design would look even better blown up and screened onto a t-shirt!  The details of the print would be clearer.  I think a navy print would be lovely on a white cotton shirt.  Please post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tada!  My Etsy Shop is now open!

http://ohgastonmyhero.etsy.com
wearetigers
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006 11:01:48 AM »

Thanks so much! I certainly hope you're right, because I think I'm going to try it sometime this week. It's make a good yoga shirt on a sleeveless shirt.

I will so definitely post photos!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indieanajess
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006 11:08:30 AM »

I think it would be really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
tigertrap
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006 03:18:09 PM »

I love yr stuff! make more and post on yr etsy! Smiley i'd buy that if you made it, depending on the cost. good luck with the company.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mama Grouch
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006 02:55:50 PM »

I agree, i think that is a really pretty print that would work well on a shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wearetigers
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006 05:59:36 PM »

Thanks! I'm going to burn a screen tomorrow with the six inch design tomorrow-ish. I'll be sure to post a photo of the shirt. Really, thank you guys so much for the compliments. I'm really trying to get better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lizzybethdotnet
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006 03:49:30 PM »

I actually dont think it would look quite as good on a shirt.  It would be fine, but I just feel the design is better suited to those cards.  And let's face it, those are some really snazzy cards. <3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wearetigers
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006 12:10:07 PM »

Okay, so I finally got around to making the screen and printing a shirt! I printed on a dark grey Mossimo shirt (XL, it's big enough to wear as a nightgown) and mixed my own navy ink to get the effect I wanted. Here's a couple photos (forgive the crappy compositions, it's too cold outside to take good photos!):

I actually really like it, especially the size. I'm not crazy in love with it, but I suspect I'll make a couple more with the same colorway.

Let me know what you think! And thanks to everyone who was so encouraging!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vhaeos
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006 07:53:36 PM »

It looks good. My only problem is that it isn't as bright of a blue as the original color. But, the color you chose goes fairly well with that shirt. I like the design, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GQ Fashion: Nouveau Garage
Aitor Throup: New Object Research 2013
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: The Suit Fitting
Behind the Scenes of Kai Lenny Style Challenge
Look Alive in a Sea of Sharks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...