A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 14  (Read 34105 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2006 03:40:43 PM »

I am going to go ahead and claim domUnique before she pops a capillary...
I am going to claim her for as many knitting magazines as I can fit into a mailing envelop without  breaking the scale...

This is my 4th claim - I have 2 in the can and one has been delivered according to the dc#..

List in a second

Here's my list - I have tried to trim it up a lot - and have added A LOT of stuff too - gotta change it about a bit from last month... so if you have looked at me before and thought you couldn't make anything for me... give me another chance!

I am Deb... I live in Huntsville, AL - home of the Space and Rocket Center and heat & humidity ...   I have 2 kids - a 5 1/2 year old who loves spaceships and a nearly 4 year old who lives and breathes dinosaurs and animals..  I also do have a husband who is a D&D fanatic and a very energetic poople puppy!

DIY KITS:the last 3 listed would be my top 3 wishes for diy kits!
      *  bookbinding - I am totally totally new at the whole book thing!
     * kanzashi making - it would be great for flowers and other things as well - especially butterflies and non flowers!
     * chinese knotting kit - I would love to learn to do this!
     *  mosaic yard art diy kit - I got a bowling ball ..I am not sure how to do the rest though..
     * stained glass - I have no clue.. would love to learn how to do this!
      *how to silk screen diy kit
      ****how to work with resin
      *******how to cast resin pendants!
      ******sewing set up I am just learning to sew and am starting out with nothing but a box of fabric and some rickrack! Okay, I am making a pincushion this weekend. I am beign destashed upon!  Thank you avsceriline!!!!

Anything off of my wists..or to get ideas of things/styles I like
    www.wists.com/craftydeb

Stuff for my kids:1    zip front hoodies - size 4/5 childrens for my dinosaur lover(he loves blue too) and/or a size 6/7 childrens for my spaceship/planets lover (he also loves green)

2  tshirts - my dinosaur lover likes blue especially and my space lover is really fond of green.. I got a dino one coming along!

3.  the tent/teepee playhouse in my wists this looks great!  I will buy the dowels so you dont need to send them unless you really feel like you have to. Or something like that I also have a card table so maybe a card table fort?  That would be soooooo cool!  Oh my god that would be just amazing!!!  but not too girly of course...

Dog stuffI have a few things on my wists list to look at but here is a rundown.

1.  dog beds.  I can actually use a few since I am lazy and hate moving them from room to room all day long...  think pampered cat bed - raised sides with a hollow inside.  he likes small confines

2.  a doggie rain coat I saw a sewing pattern at Hancock for one but its intimidating!

3.  dog toys that can withstand chewwing!  No rawhides tho he cant digest them!  He is really rough on his toys -  the makers of dog toys must think that small dogs don't need strong or fun toys.

Crafty Stuff...
1.     Book - Stupid Sock Creatures!  I am in LOVE with this book and must have it - so I can make them for everyone!  I would totally love someone forever on that one - I am good with second hand too!

2.   purse handles - the more the merrier - like the ones that are for clutches - no bamboowood, plastic I am good with.  If you send them, I will use them on Craftster for making bags for others!

3.  a head - you know for modelling hats - preferrably not a styrofoam  faceless one - I'd like something photogenic... I will be happy with used as long as it is pleasing to look at.

Please no yarn!  I am probably one of the few crocheters that beg for no yarn.  You have no idea how much I have.  Let's just say I donate blankets at the holidays for stash reduction...

Things for me..
1     yard art.  I am tacky. What can I say.

2     tshirts.   I love them!  I have several embroidery and stencilled or screened tshirts in my wist list for viewing!  I am loving the gnome shirts that I wisted!

3     quilted wall art.  If you make it, I will hang it.  Homerof2 made me an awesome one - I am hooked now!!!!  Must... have....more...

4    fabric bowls/boxes. These amaze me.  I would especially like one big enough to hand out Halloween goodies in a Halloween fabric!

5.  knitted elbow length mittens (no wool!) Dark earthy colors!

6. a xylophone windchime -
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80200.0

7. a valance for my craft room - which is in bad need of sprucing up.  I don't want to hang curtains.. just a valance - something "me" something not too dark. I only have one small window so I want all the light I can get

8. kanzashi - big ones this time around - and maybe that butterfly that is posted here - I have to fill up my shadowbox now that I got the small ones!

9.  this cape.... grey is great tooo!  I luuuuuve this cape I cant have wool though.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90631.0

10.  anything stained glass except for a butterfly I got an awesome one already!

11. I really would like an apron - without ruffles but more interesting than a butcher style apron... and I need to cover the hooters up too so it can't just be a skirty apron... and not full. Okay. I am asking a lot aren't I?

Surprise me.  Stalk me.  I am a pretty  easy person.  I crochet .. I machine knit .. I am now learning how to sew!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 03:45:53 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
domUNIQUE
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2006 03:45:56 PM »

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out what's on my needles at www.beingdomUnique.wordpress.com

And what's off of them at www.designedbydomUnique.etsy.com
ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2006 03:56:42 PM »

I am going to go ahead and claim domUnique before she pops a capillary...

LOL! ah craftydeb I'm glad you claimed her haha, I was tempted to, but now I may be personal swapping with her  sometime Shocked!
But I know my status isn't right on the front page, even though I wanted to take advantage of it, I didn't!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2006 04:29:48 PM »

Mmmmmkay, Now that I've been approved I'm going to claim:
craftydeb!!! (This is my first claim)
You'll be recieving a surprise and maybe wall art (If I can get inspired!)

My list

Anything concerning my wist (see signature)

Stuffies! (I already have a penguin)

Arigurumi (I have a very lonely octopus and a very empty space above my computer, thus arigurumi are *very* welcome!)

fingerless gloves/wrist warmers. I have a pair in purple that are perfect! they go to just above my wrist on my arm.
(pattern can be found: http://slumberland.org/wp/2006/02/16/pattern-a-little-twist-wristwarmers/
or: http://ohmystars.net/craft/knitting/pgloves.html(this one should fit no problem) )

I am in love with this bag!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45985.0;topicseen
I'd love it to be that size too!

Some* quilt squares (12x12 inches please!) I'm *still* trying to make a quilt using squares *only* from craftster people! *Note: some = anywhere from 1-??? squares!  * (Yes, I need more!!!!)

A messanger bag like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=2684.0 in black, dark purple, or dark green....

A pirate themed journal. I'm looking for a journal I can write in, brainstorming and the like for a pirate novel I have floating around in my head. (So it'll need to be big-ish?)

Soap! Handmade soap in pretty smells! I have no allergies to anything that I know of, other than fresh pineapple and kiwi. So go crazy!

A snood for my hair... When I go to renniasance faires I sometimes like to pull my hair back. It's rather long, and reaches just above the small of my back. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35858.0  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=53136.0 preferred in black or tan, maybe maroon or dark green.

The pin-up girls, embroidered. (can be found: http://www.needlecrafter.com/ Library-> designs-> people) Just embroidered onto cotton? I don't really know what I want them as yet (pillows etc) So if you wanted you could just embroider them and send 'em my way! Cheesy

Something celtic themed... maybe a celtic knot lap quilt? (Wow that's a big wish...) Anything celtic/celtic knot/irish themed would make me oh so giddy though.

Some of your favorite cooking recipies. Now that I have a cookbook started I might as well have recipies to continue with!

Gryffindor stuff! I've decided that I'm Gryffindor- finally.

A black shirt with this: http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kurthasley148zv.jpg stenciled on it. I wear M or L.

A black shirt with this: http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kurthasley1os.gif stenciled onto it (M or L- I'd love you if it looked exactly like that! The black is the shirt and white paint!!!)

Feel free to surprise me or what not! Cheesy

A bit about me:
I love the colors green, purple and black- as well as orange. I'm an Aries and love Aries themed stuff too. I'm an avid sewer/seamstress and have way too much fabric, sadly. I love music too.

Thank you to anyone that picks me! Wink

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 05:10:36 PM by orange_sunset » THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2006 04:48:39 PM »

I'll pick orange sunset for recipes! List coming up!

Crap, I have to get6 back to work! MY top wish is fingerless gloves, but I'll add more obviously when I get home!  Undecided  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 04:51:52 PM by batgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2006 05:14:15 PM »

A navy shirt that says Hermione is my Hero on the front and says she reads, she knits, and she always gets the guy.  Whats not to love?  On the back.  All letters neon pink.

Oh my god! That is too cool! Is that your own idea, or from somewhere on here?Huh

Quote from: craftydeb on Today at 03:28:32 PM
I have been calling around and can't find Knit 1 in stock anywhere - Huntsville is not the crafting capital of the world you know - I do have some Vogue, Knit It... etc but no Knit 1... I don't want to grab you and have you disappointed with the stash of magazines etc that I could send along..

I just saw that magazine at my local Safeway (Springfield, OR), so maybe check near you?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 05:19:34 PM by naelany » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
domUNIQUE
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2006 05:17:52 PM »

A navy shirt that says Hermione is my Hero on the front and says she reads, she knits, and she always gets the guy.  What’s not to love?  On the back.  All letters neon pink.

Oh my god! That is too cool! Is that your own idea, or from somewhere on here?Huh

idea is my own.  you like?  once i learn to stencil or screenprint i will make millions off of those babies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out what's on my needles at www.beingdomUnique.wordpress.com

And what's off of them at www.designedbydomUnique.etsy.com
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2006 06:26:45 PM »

I picked up the latest issue of Knit.1 from Barnes and Noble.  The large crafting stores (JoAnns, Michaels, Hobby Lobby) didn't have it.  Sometimes if you check your local yarn shops they might have a few copies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2006 06:36:04 PM »

idea is my own.  you like?  once i learn to stencil or screenprint i will make millions off of those babies!
Yeah, I like! lol I think it's friggin' awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2006 08:20:03 PM »

OK, here we go...sorry about that! I was on my break and suddenly noticed the time, LOL!
This is my first wish, I'm in Minnesota, and thar she blows...

fingerless gloves! Fall's on its way! This is my top wish!

A kimono fabric hobo bag like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=56519.0 (I am in LOVE with the indigo/orange one!)

Or the necktie schoolbag http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45985.0;topicseen

Some kind of jewelry roll/organizer thingie for traveling, that will keep my bling from getting tangled!

This is a long shot...but I love it and I'd have no idea how to begin to make one...pmc crane necklace: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72997.msg686245;topicseen

Noni bag and/or flowers. I have one from a previous swap and I adore it. I'm obsessed with these! *more reason to learn to knit!*

Day of the Dead shrine or figure of a librarian. It would be extra sweet if she was working with slides or art books! OR a happy looking Day of the Dead dog or cat! OR a hanging DOTD butterfly or bird!

Or any DOTD stuff - Tis the season!

Something inspired by La Dolce Vita

A big modern/funky felted stuffy monster guy like Mr. Pretty http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=86035.0;topicseen something a single adult who doesn't collect stuffies but secretly loves them could pass off as "modern decor" and put on the couch like a big pillow -LOL. I love Mr. Pretty!

Bloomers! Yeah...resistance is futile....

An Amy Butler bag:  it's my aspiration to be able to sew them one day

I'd also love a bag made with the Laurie Smith fabrics at Hancock! I love them all!

I ordered an Owlie bag from Sea of Stars but she's been sick and had some stuff going on and had to cancel the order. If anyone knows how to make something like that, I'd love an Owlie bag. I hope SoS feels better very soon!

Cool  purses/totes/clutches. You can get an idea of my tastes from my wists and posts. this is so repeatable!

A cabled knit bag. I love the one with the straight rods as handles. I think it was the "sex and the city clutch" on craftster!

sublime stitching patterns

cool Japanese fabric or cool retro fabric

those cool beaded "coral technique" earrings

a "noisy" bracelet

a pmc pendant

a vintagey shrine for finding love

The amazing birdie fabric on this page or something made with it (or lined with it, or anything). I ADORE it and I keep looking for it in vain! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=98746.msg1002515#msg1002515

life sized realistic needle felted fruits. I have an orange but I want a bowlful eventually. I keep meaning to make some but never seem to find the time. My orange is lonely, LOL

More pantas! Pantae? whatever...bring 'em on!  Wink

flannel jammie bottoms or other comfy jammie bottoms.

Fun slippers...knit, monsters, felt, whatever. I love me some cozy slippers!

Something from my wists or a surprise based on my wists, or other stalking! Y'all know my taste better than I do sometimes!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006 08:23:40 PM by batgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Butterscotch Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Dark Chocolate Wheat Thins Sandwich Recipe
Green Onion and Chipped Beef Dip Recipe
Ritz Cracker Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...