A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My bedroom. I'd probably call it's style french...it feels french.  (Read 7347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

my_idiosyncrasy
« on: September 01, 2006 06:58:15 PM »

I redid my bedroom 6 months or so ago, but it's always such a mess that I never got around to taking photos of it. So, after a cleaning frenzy last weekend, here it is.

After years of living in a cave (navy blue walls and a twin sized matress on the floor to save space) I decided it was time for a more grown up room.

My room is tiny (9'X12') and very hard to take pictures of. My bed takes up most of my room, with only two feet or so on either side of it, but i love it.

It's all very symetrical, with my bed being right under my window. there was really no other place to put a double bed without it looking weird. And I don't know if you can notice... but i use the swirly bits on my head board to hold my curtains back

mounting my guitar on my wall was the best idea ever, it's up out of the way (but still in my face, so i'll actually pick it up and use it) and it's like instant art! I just love the colour of it popping off my wall colour. (eek! my doggy has scary demon eyes in this one!)

the painting on my wall is a copy of Starry Night I did for my art class (We were studying art history, were forced to reproduce a famous work of art)

and the other corner of my room, with my dresser, mirror etc. you can't really tell from the picture, but I actually only have about a foot of space from the corner of my bed to the corner of my dresser... it's a small squeeze.
You can just barely see my floor in this one. But when i was a kid we had to rip up my carpet because of allergies and with a lack of funds, my parents ended up just sanding down and staining the basic knotty tounge and groove floor boards that houses are built with... my parents hate it and keep tring to convince me to change it, but i think it's charming and matches my endtables, even if there are holes where you can actually drop stuff down to the ceiling of the floor below...

Re-doing my room is the best thing i've done. I never get sick of the colour and could spend forever in here, it's so peaceful and relaxing...well, at least when it's clean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mary
timarie
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006 07:39:40 PM »

I couldn't wait to open this thread. I knew there was a french country bedroom waiting. I love the color of the walls!

I'm still deciding on the blue for my boyfriends apt(I'm taking over) I was thinking something a bit lighter and a truer blue. I'm also going to do a faux finish on the dresser and headboard because they're dark wood. Everything in there will be white, black, and silver. besides acc. of course.

It's inspiring to see this. you actually make me want to get up and stop being so damn lazy. thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acidalbatross

Puuutinondariiitzz!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006 10:19:29 PM »

it's beautiful- the color is gorgeous, and i love the simplicity of it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the strangels will take me down deep in their brine
The mischievous braingels
Down into the endless blue wine
-(Tom Waits)
Artdoll
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006 08:55:35 AM »

I love the color to and totally understand the feeling of a small room.  My bedroom when I was in high school was actually a laundry room so it was literally the same size as a double bed and only fit a twin bed and tiny little nightstand.  You did a great job  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practice random acts of creativity.
Ana_Ng

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006 05:43:36 PM »

Well done.  Your room is so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006 06:53:49 PM »

OMG your room is as small as mine! lol anyways I love what you've done. I'm moving into a bigger room upstaires and I'm thinking of doing dark purple with white accents, so I love the blue and white. I especially love your overhead lamp and mirror!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
ambikab

Handmade like Woah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006 08:40:57 PM »

I love the color of the walls.  And I think it's cool to use the wrought iron of the bed as curtain tiebacks.  All of that hardware can be somewhat overrated and this is a good use of what you already have. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hp_nerd
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006 02:53:48 PM »

AHH! Cool room, man.. but DO YOU GO TO JL ILLSEY??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for anything is salt water.  Sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinesen

Personal Swap?

My Wist.
xveganettex
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006 03:19:42 PM »

wowie! i love the color! ive been thinking of painting my room...its really dark!...plum walls and a raven black ceiling with lavendar stars all over the walls ..its like a cave lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
my_idiosyncrasy
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006 07:21:08 PM »

AHH! Cool room, man.. but DO YOU GO TO JL ILLSEY??

I graduated last year.
weird, craftster's a small world.
do I by any chance know you?
I tried stalking your other posts, but couldn't figure it out...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mary
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Easiest Way to Burn 600 Calories
Wine Lip Stain and Feathered Eyebrows at Tadashi Shoji FW 2014
How to Do Natural Date Night Makeup
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
The 5 Best Eyeshadows for Brown Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...