A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall/Harvest Sweat shoppe swap Sign ups closed Send Oct 5th  (Read 44190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2006 06:48:01 PM »

Well, if I went on retail costs, I would not be able to make those wallets!!  I enjoy doing them so I just make sure I buy fabrics on sale and then figure out how to make things fast (after making a prototype!!).

I think those vinyl cuffs are really cute! Do we send out top picks to javastain tomorrow?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2006 06:54:20 PM »

I love those wallets, and I so need a new wallet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2006 07:52:44 PM »

Ok, so yes! You send me your top picks any time, but the deadline is actually Tuesday night, so that we can get all the last people signed up (sign ups close tomorrow!) and everyone can have time to consider their fav's! The sooner I get everyone's fav's the sooner partners get assigned too! *hint*

Also, it is VERY helpful, since we have lots of people, if you could PM me with the subject 'top picks'! OH! and I think I'd like you all to send me your top 5 picks, BUT put them in order (those who are submitting 10 items, send me 8 (or so) top picks in order) I am going to try to see if I can't go ahead and place as many of each person's favorites as possible... I have a few ideas on how to make it completely fair, otherwise I can go back to the completely random system... both ways have their organizational benefits and drawbacks! But I think I might be able to cut some editing time if I just match people up with my eyes open Smiley....

I will PM a reminder to anyone I have not heard from by mid evening on Tuesday and then I will be matching people on Wednesday and prolly posting 'the list' on Thursday!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2006 08:05:18 PM »

im trying to do my picks now, but its SO HARD TO DECIDE!  all of you girls are fabulously skilled!  we really outdid ourselves this round!  wooo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2006 08:10:00 PM »

I know!!! I am dying here! It is really hard to decide! And there are so many different things and different styles... that is why I thought I could maybe match up more than two favorites! We'll see!

Oh, and tonight I am going to see how the spiders mock up... I think I will be doing spider earrings or pendants as a choice... I am trying a bit of a twist on the traditional looking beaded spider.... I'll get pictures and get them posted tomorrow! I might have to bow out and only do 5 entries though... ugh! I am really busy, but I have one more day to decide.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2006 09:02:32 PM »

All right! I've decided to get into gear to show a bit of what you might expect by "Spooky/Sweet Gloss"

Here's a couple of "Bloody Kisses" gloss (black cherry flavoured, slightly red tinted)

(Sorry about my relatively crappy photo-taking)

The other 3 flavours are Killer Coconut (no colour, just sheen), Zombie Punch (will look blue in the pot, and a very vague blue-y sheen on the lips), and Apple Cinnamon (This one is going to be in
"fall tones" that I have yet to decide. Brown/Orange/Red type thing)

Everyone who gets some of mine gets 2 glosses (which are also lip BALMS - they have Vitamin E!)

On a different note: crafty_dame, I like the looks of those cuffs! I think they're just fine (I also did retail price rather than supplies, and I'm feeling a little cheap compared to all the lovely goodies we have available! But if I did supplies, I would have to do something VERY BIG because I only buy materials when they are bulk/thrift/ridiculous sales)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006 09:07:32 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2006 09:23:23 PM »

Ok, so a couple of people have allergies or other things that might prevent them from enjoying some of the things that are offered... if you would like to include in your top picks PM, one or two items that you can't enjoy (for whatever reason!) you are welcome to include that... this will be strictly confidential. This swap is not a popularity contest so even the top picks are confidential.... we now have 25 participants and 44 entries (times 5 items is....220 individual items right!!!!) Whoa!

*I think there is a rule that if the swap gets to a certain size I need to get a co-organizer.... I am not even sure how that would work, but I am going to check on this.... if anyone knows more can you PM me? I am sure I can handle this, but I want to make sure we don't break any rules!!! (I think round 2 was a slight bit bigger than this!!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2006 09:25:56 PM »

On a different note: crafty_dame, I like the looks of those cuffs! I think they're just fine (I also did retail price rather than supplies, and I'm feeling a little cheap compared to all the lovely goodies we have available! But if I did supplies, I would have to do something VERY BIG because I only buy materials when they are bulk/thrift/ridiculous sales)

i'm glad i'm not the only one feeling a little cheap!

i'm been accepted into the swap, and i'm going to do 10 cuffs. i think i'll do halloween and fall ones, dependant on what people want, because javastain gave me a great idea for fall ones! (since i'll have to contact you for wrist sizes anyway, you might as well tell me which one you want!)

unfortunately, i probably won't be able to do a prototype to post of the fall ones before tuesday, because i need to go buy supplies. they'll be the same as the halloween ones, just different colours and different confetti.

psyche - the lip glosses, how scented are they? i'm allergic to a lot of perfumes and stuff, but your glosses look so good! does the zombie punch one have any flavouring/scent?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2006 09:28:24 PM »

Since the swap ends tomorrow, I wouldn't sweat it...25 is the max and you are at the max, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2006 09:31:17 PM »

javastain, after 25 participants you need a co-organizer OR you need to PM your completed swap spreadsheet to a swap mod.

if you have more people sign up, that's when you'll need to worry about it.

see leah's post here-
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105476.0

i'd suggest opening a help ticket to ask about it and one of the swap mods will work with you to determine which would be the best option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Customize Preferences
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Export and Share Images
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Develop a Module
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Rate and Sort Images
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Import Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...