A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red Purse Swap Gallery  (Read 11183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kiwimonkey
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006 01:21:06 PM »

hey!! watch it Bubba!!  I don't your drool all over my fantastic new purse!!!  Keep that slobber to yourself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
girl a
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006 01:24:10 PM »

everyone's bags look so great!  i need to take a picture of the awesome shoulder bag that girl a made me.  i'm waiting for her to recieve my bag before i show what i made her. i'm nervous about my bag, it really, really, really didn't go according to plan.

don't worry! swaps are supposed to be fun!  Wink  i'm sure i'll like it. i know ALLL about how difficult some fabrics can be, anyway.  i know it make not look like it, but that fabric gave me fits too!  the thread had difficulty going through it and so it snagged on me and messed up my bobbin and jerked my spool and snapped at the needle MULTIPLE times.  plus i messed up the placement of the magnetic closure once and had to turn it upside down and hide that part in the seam...  see now ya made me tell all my secrets!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006 01:48:39 PM »

everyone's bags look so great!  i need to take a picture of the awesome shoulder bag that girl a made me.  i'm waiting for her to recieve my bag before i show what i made her. i'm nervous about my bag, it really, really, really didn't go according to plan.

don't worry! swaps are supposed to be fun!  Wink  i'm sure i'll like it. i know ALLL about how difficult some fabrics can be, anyway.  i know it make not look like it, but that fabric gave me fits too!  the thread had difficulty going through it and so it snagged on me and messed up my bobbin and jerked my spool and snapped at the needle MULTIPLE times.  plus i messed up the placement of the magnetic closure once and had to turn it upside down and hide that part in the seam...  see now ya made me tell all my secrets!  Grin

you're kidding!  it doesn't look like you had any trouble at all, it seems flawless to me.  i had the snagging, jerking spool BS, too.  how'd you fix that?  i think i might've sealed in a few curse words with my seams, doh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006 01:50:17 PM »

hey!! watch it Bubba!!  I don't want your drool all over my fantastic new purse!!!  Keep that slobber to yourself!

hahahaaa!!!  dammit..now everyone knows about my excessive drooling problem...I promise to bring a drool rag whenever I enter any swap thread... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
girl a
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006 02:02:04 PM »

you're kidding!  it doesn't look like you had any trouble at all, it seems flawless to me.  i had the snagging, jerking spool BS, too.  how'd you fix that?  i think i might've sealed in a few curse words with my seams, doh!

scouts honor!  I changed my needle, which helped A LOT, should done that BEFORE i had to rip out two seams (yes, two!) and sewed at a very moderate pace.  if i went even slightly fast my spool jerked and my thread snapped.  if you look on the strap you can see where i had to start again. besides all the wobbly stitching cos i can sew a straight seam to save my life!  Grin  so mine only LOOKS flawless  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soccer21
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006 08:54:48 PM »

haha i broke 3 needles making the bag i sent and must have sursed it a thousand times before all n all though i really loved the bag i sent
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006 09:13:19 PM »

I don't even want to admit all the needles I broke and all the curse words that went into the purse I send Michelle.  But you've all heard all about my trouble Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006 06:16:31 AM »

y'all don't even understand how much better i feel about the purse then... *phew*  Roll Eyes   and yea!!  kristen got the bag!  here are the pictures i took before sending.

done! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/moptopstumptown/236440849/in/set-155012/

making the stencil - http://www.flickr.com/photos/moptopstumptown/236439710/in/set-155012/

finished stencil test - http://www.flickr.com/photos/moptopstumptown/236439763/in/set-155012/

EDITED TO ADD:  will take some pictures of the bag she made me and post those ASAP.... unless girl a has pictures of those.  do you?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006 06:18:03 AM by MopTopStumptown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

girl a
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006 07:18:32 AM »

Yup, got the bag and love it!  Softest suede and STARS, my favorite! 

Here's the bag i made for moptopstumptown:

here's the finished bag:

the inside:

close up of fabric:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006 09:38:20 PM »

oh gosh ladies you have no idea how mush reading about your problems with  these amazing looking bags has helped me! I've been hiding and feeling so guilty about not getting it done and out on time because of some of the same problems you have all listed! But it's done and will be sent Monday! I'm standing up stating this before everyone here! So it will be done! Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations so publicly! You've all made me feel better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get a Modern Take on Veronica Lake Waves
Behind The Scenes of The Project Runway Transformations
How to Cut and Style Bangs
Favorite Celebrity Hairstyles
How to Create a Loose Wedding Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...