A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discworld - Round 3?  (Read 4389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2007 05:43:52 PM »

Esmerelda,as swap organizer,I need to let you know something. This would be my first swap.I've been waiting for the Girl Detective swap,but no date has been set yet.They were going for a january start,but it didn't happen.There's been no activity there since 12-29. If that one starts soon, I'll have do that one, since I've been going "oboy yeah! Great swap idea!",and it would be rude for me to bail.And it is a great swap idea! If it doesn't appear to be starting anytime soon,however,I would really love to take part in this one. As a newbie,I'm only allowed one,and must wait for good feedback before being allowed more.I've already posted this on the girl detective page.
My problem is this-posting pictures is a problem. I should have a working scanner,and could place stuff on it and upload pictures that way. My daughter does have a digital camera-unfortunately I have windows 98. her camera and my computer are not compatible. I would,of course, post glowing thanks and a detailed description right away. Would it be okay for me to be in this swap without posting good digital pictures? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2007 07:14:12 PM »

As long as your partner knows beforehand, I don't think the pictures issue would be a problem (then again, I'm not the organizer) most swappers take pics of what they send before they box it up. If your partner knows, that part shouldn't be too much of an issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2007 01:47:23 AM »

Bookstoregirl - you are fine, from what I can gather sign-ups for the girl detective swap haven't started, and you don't have anything in your profile, so you could do this as your first swap.  You might miss the Girl Detective swap, though, if sign-ups do start, so it's up to you.

The camera thing isn't a problem - I will make sure to pair you with someone who has a camera.  Most craftsters, if they remember, will take photos of their goods before sending, because we all like to show off what we can do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taerowyn

Let's hope we're worth it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2007 03:06:37 PM »

Did anyone else see the Vetinari Hoodie from this swap?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143304.msg1466109#msg1466109

How awesome is that?

Yay!  Glad people like the hoodie. I told phantomssiren that when the idea hit, I had to buy supplies to make me one too.  Grin

Anyway, I'm totally up for a Discworld only swap.  Can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007 02:09:10 AM »

Sorry for the slight delay - my brain hasn't caught on to the fact that it's February yet, obviously - but I have started sign ups here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150727.0

bookstoregirl - thank you for your pm, but could you send me another one with the questionnaire from the above thread?  Thanks, chickie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinFish
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007 05:50:32 AM »

OOhhh!!!! I want in(jumps up and down frantically and waves arms). I love Pratchett! Just started my 10 year old reading the Wee Free Men. Anybody here read Where's My Cow? Springtime in Discworld is a perfect theme.
It's funny,I've just been rereading my pratchett.Been thinking of starting up an email roleplaying game set there."You bought a sausage in a bun from Cut me own throat Dibbler? make a saving roll,please."Yes,I know,I'm such a geek. I'm glad I took the time to go online tonight.

There is a Discworld MUD out there online (all text no graphics), there is also the GURPs Discworld RP rulebook. In Neverwinter Nights the PC game you can find a downloadable module pack that is set in Ankh-Morpork and you play a guard (you can pick NPC module buddies to go with you... Detritus, Angua, and Carrot).

Yeah... I am waaaaaaay geekier than you  Cheesy

Mmhmmm. BUT have you played BOTH original Playstation Discworld games? Hmmmm??
If you haven't you really should, they're amazing.
"Hands off my pixels!"

edit:
Pinfish would definitely be a good candidate for this swap!  Smiley

What if we started this swap in February, hrmm?
How did I miss this? Thanks for holding things off for me, Millik- I can't miss ANOTHER discworld swap! I'm all signed up now Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007 05:54:54 AM by PinFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007 06:00:25 AM »

I never have, mostly because I can't get my hands on copies for the life of me- I've been trying for four years now (since I ever first found out about them) with no luck. Its also nigh impossible to get Discworld novels at the half price/used bookstore as well.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
PinFish
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007 07:09:18 AM »

I never have, mostly because I can't get my hands on copies for the life of me- I've been trying for four years now (since I ever first found out about them) with no luck. Its also nigh impossible to get Discworld novels at the half price/used bookstore as well.  Cry

Awww too bad. We got them when they first came out, and then I've never seen a copy in stores since. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2007 10:10:02 PM »

I missed out on sign-ups?!?!?!   Cry Cry Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007 12:05:25 PM »

I missed out on sign-ups?!?!?!   Cry Cry Cry

Ack!  So did I Cry  Will there be another round?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Have a Perfect Green Christmas
How to Create a Wrapping Paper
How to Create Your Own Napkin Ring
How to Gift Wrap a Bottle
How to Decorate Your Gifts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...