A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,670
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: local yarn store  (Read 10848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005 10:24:16 PM »

I'm from Baltimore, MD, but I have to travel to Northern DE quite a lot.  There's a new yarn store in Pikes Creek called Stitches with Style.  I finally got there the other day.  Its rather nice.  She's got a great selection, of everything, even sale yarn.  And her prices are fair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
sunnyb64

free as a bird...it's the next best thing to be

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005 06:27:12 AM »

Yay! I'm not the only crafty person in the state!  Grin (Even though I am a newbie here.)

I haven't been to the yarn stores, because I'm just now starting to get into knitting. But I may have to check it out next time I'm down at the beach. I haven't been to the bead store yet either, though I've driven by it several times. After I finish with my crazy weekend at the university, I'm hoping to check it out. I've more or less exhausted the jewelry possiblilities at Joanns/Michaels/AC Moore, so I hope it's good.

I kind of like the new Joanns, at least the expanded fashion fabric selection, though the cutting area drives me nuts. And I'm very excited that we're finally getting a Hancocks! It's supposed to open sometime this month, but I don't know when.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005 11:02:57 AM »

My sister stopped by the Hancocks on Kirkwood and it is officially open!  Yeah! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  -Dr. Spock
staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005 05:29:00 PM »

Yay! my family goes to Bethany Beach every summer (i live in OH) so I got on to find a LYS there and the very first post mentions exactly what I need! Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005 05:27:34 PM »

Went to Hancocks on Kirkwood highway the other day... lots of cheap fabric.  You still can't beat Hayes for quality and service, but if you need ALOT of fabric, its worth the trip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005 10:02:58 AM »

I ended up at the Hancock's several weeks back, and it did have a lot of stuff. Big supply of yarn and buttons, some beading supplies too, even gemstones, and 99 cent patterns, which is always nice. Their grand opening sale is coming up on May 19th and I think it goes through the weekend. Should be some really good buys there.

I've added Hancock's to my Michael's/Joann's/A.C. Moore itinerary. It's always wonderful when a new store opens up.

But, yeah...Hayes. They've got 25% off all blue fabrics right now (at least they did when I went in to take a serger class a week ago). They've got the most beautiful, touchable fabrics. Even their remnants are cool.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005 11:44:58 AM »

From the 9th through the 14th, the Hayes sale color was green.  So I went twice.  Smiley

Metamurph, how was the serger class?  I don't know how to use my serger and I keep meaning to take the beginning class there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005 06:55:42 AM »

From the 9th through the 14th, the Hayes sale color was green.  So I went twice.  Smiley

Metamurph, how was the serger class?  I don't know how to use my serger and I keep meaning to take the beginning class there.

It was a great class - I highly recommend it. Stephanie and Pam are the best teachers ever. I brought my mom with me for the class and they even gave her a machine to use so we didn't have to share.

They went through everything from threading the machine to tension controls to different kinds of stitches on a whole bunch of different fabrics. The class ended with a demonstration of how to stitch fishing line into a hem to give it a sturdy, decorative finish. I've never been unhappy with the service or classes there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
tagurity
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005 08:52:17 AM »

EEEEEEEE!!!!  I just sifted through this old post and read about Hayes.  I am going to jet up there tonight to check it out.  I'm SO excited to add a new fabric store to my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kati
jenncat117
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005 01:03:10 PM »

Where is Hayes?  I've heard and been to all the other places in Northern DE but I have no idea where Hayes is! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Golden Globes 2015: Best and Worst Fashion
JLo Looks Like a Queen at Golden Globes 2015
Jessica Chastain Stuns in Plunging Neckline at 2015 Golden Globes
George and Amal Clooney Walk Red Carpet At Golden Globes
Nominees Lorde and Lana Del Ray Get Glam for Golden Globes 2015
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...