A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 305,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: local yarn store  (Read 10193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2004 07:10:56 AM »

Just thought I'd post a great local yarn store in Bethany Beach.  I live in N. Wilmington, but always visit the store when I visit my Dad in Ocean View...  They are very friendly and helpful. 

Sea Needles
780 Garfield Parkway
Rt. 26 Mall
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
(302) 539-0574

The website isn't a commerce site though...
www.seaneedles.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  -Dr. Spock
sugasoul
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004 05:39:42 AM »

I love this place.  I go their often, usually after church on sundays.  I like Ginny she's is so helpful and friendly haven't really had the same experience with the lady who looks like Paula Deen (can't think of her name)  Although last sunday the lady with the multicolor specs was very helpful considering the store was packed!  I live in the area year round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004 05:45:23 AM »

I love this place.  I go their often, usually after church on sundays.  I like Ginny she's is so helpful and friendly haven't really had the same experience with the lady who looks like Paula Deen (can't think of her name)  Although last sunday the lady with the multicolor specs was very helpful considering the store was packed!  I live in the area year round.

I knew there had to be someone else on craftster who lived in Delaware!  The state's not THAT small.

Hi!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004 10:09:35 AM »

hehe - I live in N. Wilmington, too! Philly's a little out of the way for me, but I do enjoy Newark - especially now that the new Joann's Superstore just opened in the Christiana Town Center.

There's a yarn store I go to occasionally that's right over the border in Chadds Ford, PA. It's in Olde Ridge Village and it's called A Garden of Yarn. Of course, it doesn't help that it's right near the bead shop, and the bead shop is right around the corner from the quilt store. There's a lot of damage to be done in this little shopping center!

Overall, I tend to just horde the 40 - 50% off coupons from Michael's, AC Moore, and Joann's, though. Easier on the wallet, and I've got everyone in the office signed up on the mailing list so they can all bring me their coupons. Happiness!

I'm a beginning knitter and crocheter, but my favorite yarn in the whole world right now is Lion Homespun in Nouveau. AC Moore had it 50% off per skein. Hallelujah, Amen.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004 10:40:16 AM »

Hey Metamurph, have you ever been to Hayes Fabric on 202 by Border's?  Their fabric (ALL OF IT) is 30% off through December I think.  They cost more, but are much nicer, cleaner and I like to try and support my local independent store. 

The people at JoAnn's drive me nuts, but of course, I go back over and over for patterns.  I haven't been to the new one in Christiana yet.  I don't mind driving in Newark, but I just HATE that area.

I also hoard coupons.  I think its a hobby at this point.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004 01:52:41 PM »

Hey Metamurph, have you ever been to Hayes Fabric on 202 by Border's?  Their fabric (ALL OF IT) is 30% off through December I think.  They cost more, but are much nicer, cleaner and I like to try and support my local independent store. 

The people at JoAnn's drive me nuts, but of course, I go back over and over for patterns.  I haven't been to the new one in Christiana yet.  I don't mind driving in Newark, but I just HATE that area.

I don't care for it either. It doesn't help that I grew up in N. Wilmington and don't know my way around the Newark / Christiana area except to get to the University and AC Moore and back. :-)

And oh yes, I've been to Hayes. I love their fabric - they have things I've never seen, much less seen at Joann's. Hayes is pricier, but when I need some serious help, I go either there or to Loder's (farther south on 202). Loder's is winning right now because they have doll classes, a summer sewing camp for the kids, and a website that's not always "under construction". I'm nitpicky. :-)

I go to the Claymont Joann's store because it's closer, but the Newark one is nicer. The people are lamentably the same in both of them, for the most part. But in all fairness to Joann's, they did have their big notion sale over this past holiday weekend. I bought stuff I wouldn't have bought full price. I feel less guilty for purchasing fabric crayons, turning tubes, and a teflon iron cover at 50% off.  Gotta love it when they have their $1 pattern sales too - that's the biggest reason I go back there, too. Also, I walked out with a bunch of notions plus about 20 yards of fabric and only spent $40.

I'm supposed to visit the 24 hour Wally World in Elkton, Maryland sometime this weekend. I hear they have fabric, and I've never been there. Should be fun. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
blunderwoman
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004 07:19:40 PM »

I have nothing relevant to say, but I haven't been on craftster for a while now and I wanted to say Wheee! A Dellywhere board! I'm in Dellywhere!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shannonburns
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004 07:50:34 PM »

yeah ! i live in bear (near newark)... i posted a few things on here before about was anyone from delaware and non one answered. but most of mine were in clothing reconstruc...

i makes bags mainly but am getting more into clothes since i just got a serger. i crochet so i have mountains of yarn!

did someone say there was a sale at hayes?

Smiley shannon
rubyroxxdesigns
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check me out on ebay under rubyroxxdesigns or visit me on live journal at:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/irelynfaerie/35286.html?view=121302#t121302
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004 02:42:31 PM »

yeah ! i live in bear (near newark)... i posted a few things on here before about was anyone from delaware and non one answered. but most of mine were in clothing reconstruc...

i makes bags mainly but am getting more into clothes since i just got a serger. i crochet so i have mountains of yarn!

did someone say there was a sale at hayes?

Smiley shannon
rubyroxxdesigns

BIG sale.  Smiley  I won't even let myself go in until I finish all my other sewing projects (about five right now).  So maybe in November, I can shop my hearts content.  Its hard though, I work one block away from Hayes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004 02:43:21 PM »

I have nothing relevant to say, but I haven't been on craftster for a while now and I wanted to say Wheee! A Dellywhere board! I'm in Dellywhere!!

I'm so happy there Delaware people here!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
FIRST LOOK: Antonio Berardi - London Fashion Week Spring 2014
Finding the Perfect Biker Jacket
Style Sound Off: Blake Lively, Nicole Richie, and Victoria Beckham
Gown Trends For Upcoming 2013 Award Show Season
Chic on the Cheap: How to Dress Like a Fashion Editor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...