A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wine bottle covers ***Now With Tutorial***  (Read 9018 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poe poe
« on: August 29, 2006 11:48:26 AM »

I saw these in a store and had to try and make them myself, and now I'm addicted. I'm making a bunch for christmas gifts. They go nice on candles too. The one on the left is hemitite beads, it looks awesome, but it doesn't show up very well on the dark bottle, but thats all I had at the moment. I've already given a lot of them away, but If anyone is interested I'll try to make a tut when I start my next one.

Well, I finally got around to making a tutorial. This is my first one, and I don't know if I explained myself very well, so if you have questions, feel free to message me. Also this has a lot of pics to show what I'm trying to describe, but they aren't very good pics. Sorry about that. Hopefully they are good enough to get the point across. please share any modifications you make to this pattern. I'd like to see them. Thanks.

You'll need
---------------
--wine bottle (empty or full, but I don't recommend emptying it while your working on your first one Wink )
--needle nose pliers
--round nose pliers
--6mm jump rings
--4mm jump rings
--beads
--1" eyepins
or 20 gauge wire(This is cheaper,but much more time consuming.For your first project,I recommend eyepins)

*if you use wire, you'll need wire cutters also, to cut you sections to about an 1" -1 1/2" long sections.

1- put bead on the eyepin and curl the other end into a circle to match. this section should look something like this.   O-@-O
(make ~ 133 of these sections.)

2-open a 4mm jump ring and add two sections then close. be sure to twist the jump rings to the side to open them, then twist it back to close. don't pry them open, they don't close well that way.
(make ~ 42 of these 4mm pairs) put these 4mm pairs to the side for now.

3-Open a 6mm jump ring. Add 4 sections and close.

4-open a 6mm jump ring, and join it to one of the sections from step three. add 3 more sections and close.

5-open a 6mm jump ring, and join it to the last section put on in the previous step. add 3 more sections and close the jump ring. (repeat 3 more times) you should have a long chain with 2 sections hanging down from each ring. see pic

6-open a 6mm jump ring, and join it to the last section put on in the previous step. add 2 more sections and join it to the first section made in step 3 to form a ring of sections with two sections hanging down from each jump ring. put this on a wine bottle.

7-open a 6mm jump ring,and add two sections. Join 2 hanging sections to form a triangle with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point.(do this all the way around. 7 triangles). see pic.

8-open a 6mm jump ring, and add 2 sections. join 2 hanging sections to form a diamond with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point. (repeat this all the way around to form 7 diamonds). see pic.

9-repeate step 8.

10-open a 6mm jump ring, and add 2 of your 4mm pairs. join 2 hanging sections to form a deformed looking diamond with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point. (repeat this all the way around to form 7 deformed diamonds). see pic.

11-open a 6mm jump ring, and add 2 of your 4mm pairs. join 2 hanging sections to form a large diamond. with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point. (repeat this all the way around to form 7 large diamonds) see pic.

12- repete step 11

13-make 7 new sections to dangle from the bottom of your beaded wine bottle cover.
add a bead to your eye pin, and instead of curling the other end to match fold the wire over and pinch it with your pliers so your bead doesn't fall off. (make 7 bottom sections)

14-open a 6mm jump ring, and add one bottom section you just made. then join two dangleing secions to form another large diamond, with your bottom section dangling from the bottom point. (do this all the way around, and your done.) see pics.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006 05:12:51 PM by poe poe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
stolendreams

I'm thinking we'll rise again

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 12:46:12 PM »

wow, those are beautiful. I'd definitely be interested in a tut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/stolendreams

Formerly known as risingphoenix
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006 01:41:04 PM »

Those are lovely.  I made something similar to this on ornaments for Christmas presents a while back.  But I think yours are even better because you can enjoy them all year round.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006 02:44:39 PM »

Lovely! I would deffinitely love a tut Smiley I can picture family and friends getting these on bottle of coffee syrup this winter Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poe poe
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006 05:50:01 PM »

I saw these in a store and had to try and make them myself, and now I'm addicted. I'm making a bunch for christmas gifts. They go nice on candles too. The one on the left is hemitite beads, it looks awesome, but it doesn't show up very well on the dark bottle, but thats all I had at the moment. I've already given a lot of them away, but If anyone is interested I'll try to make a tut when I start my next one.

Well, I finally got around to making a tutorial. This is my first one, and I don't know if I explained myself very well, so if you have questions, feel free to message me. Also this has a lot of pics to show what I'm trying to describe, but they aren't very good pics. Sorry about that. Hopefully they are good enough to get the point across. please share any modifications you make to this pattern. I'd like to see them. Thanks.

You'll need
---------------
--wine bottle (empty or full, but I don't recommend emptying it while your working on your first one Wink )
--needle nose pliers
--round nose pliers
--6mm jump rings
--4mm jump rings
--beads
--1" eyepins
or 20 gauge wire(This is cheaper,but much more time consuming.For your first project,I recommend eyepins)

*if you use wire, you'll need wire cutters also, to cut you sections to about an 1" -1 1/2" long sections.

1- put bead on the eyepin and curl the other end into a circle to match. this section should look something like this.   O-@-O
(make ~ 133 of these sections.)

2-open a 4mm jump ring and add two sections then close. be sure to twist the jump rings to the side to open them, then twist it back to close. don't pry them open, they don't close well that way.
(make ~ 42 of these 4mm pairs) put these 4mm pairs to the side for now.

3-Open a 6mm jump ring. Add 4 sections and close.

4-open a 6mm jump ring, and join it to one of the sections from step three. add 3 more sections and close.

5-open a 6mm jump ring, and join it to the last section put on in the previous step. add 3 more sections and close the jump ring. (repeat 3 more times) you should have a long chain with 2 sections hanging down from each ring. see pic

6-open a 6mm jump ring, and join it to the last section put on in the previous step. add 2 more sections and join it to the first section made in step 3 to form a ring of sections with two sections hanging down from each jump ring. put this on a wine bottle.

7-open a 6mm jump ring,and add two sections. Join 2 hanging sections to form a triangle with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point.(do this all the way around. 7 triangles). see pic.

8-open a 6mm jump ring, and add 2 sections. join 2 hanging sections to form a diamond with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point. (repeat this all the way around to form 7 diamonds). see pic.

9-repeate step 8.

10-open a 6mm jump ring, and add 2 of your 4mm pairs. join 2 hanging sections to form a deformed looking diamond with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point. (repeat this all the way around to form 7 deformed diamonds). see pic.

11-open a 6mm jump ring, and add 2 of your 4mm pairs. join 2 hanging sections to form a large diamond. with 2 dangleing section at the bottom point. (repeat this all the way around to form 7 large diamonds) see pic.

12- repete step 11

13-make 7 new sections to dangle from the bottom of your beaded wine bottle cover.
add a bead to your eye pin, and instead of curling the other end to match fold the wire over and pinch it with your pliers so your bead doesn't fall off. (make 7 bottom sections)

14-open a 6mm jump ring, and add one bottom section you just made. then join two dangleing secions to form another large diamond, with your bottom section dangling from the bottom point. (do this all the way around, and your done.) see pics.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006 06:01:22 PM »

Those are beautiful and that is a really great tut! Thanks so much for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
Papercutninja
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006 07:09:20 PM »

WOAH! that's really awesome! My girlfriend loves to make jewlery, and this looks like it's right up her alley. Too bad we're beer people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ihaveamac
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006 01:16:56 AM »

They are absolutely gorgeous, and such a great idea that i'm surprised i've never seen people adopt it for use in their own homes...

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!
homestar
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006 10:16:50 PM »

BOOKMARKED!

Those are gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing.

But they must take so long to do!  Maybe the next time I'm sick and bored because I'm stuck in the house...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006 03:08:39 AM »

these are cool and would be ace for presents!!

well done on writing the tute - it looks like it should be easy to follow and it must have been a real mission to explain everything so well - much appreciated!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Messy Updos Are in This Summer
How Liz Vaccariello Maintains Her Bountiful Bangs
Learn How to Paint Sun-Kissed Balayage Highlights at Home
Ponytails Get Glamorous on the Cannes Red Carpet
Hair How to: Dip-Dye Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...